Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 08:15 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(29-04-2016 06:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You need help Pops. Get some.

Ain't that why he's here?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Unforced,

What do I insulate myself from? Could you be specific at all? Surely you realize that I am present here and on other atheistic sites. I converse about all topics of relevence that I happen to catch. I do read people's posts and contemplate them wholly. What you as an atheist somehow seem incapable of accepting is that while I can contemplate these things that are discussed or brought up by the atheist, I have done so before, long ago. These previous conclusions have been superseeded by new personal evidence. I know that's hard to conceive for people of such clear opened minds with apt means for discernment, but it is indeed the case.

Anyway; saying I don't consider the things that I discuss and inquire on daily is pretty ridiculous.

Indeed the Faith I speak of is different from what most all hypocritically call faith. Though I too am with falter and deviation from known will, I don't proclaim my sanctity or salvation. I have stated before that those here who are indeed honestly ignorant are safe...safer than me even. So yes, the Faith I speak of in general is a proper noun as it is differentiated from faith with only word when convenient, in many ways.

Indeed, intially I had concluded a lack of God via honest thourough consideration. Pain, evil, atrocity, lack of dinosaurs in the creation story...all of these where obvious at about first grade. Only further understanding that there was no God came after that even through adulthood. So I was an atheist for the "right"reasons, but that's sort of an oxymoron.

You claim I'm gullible because of your stereo type of the faithful most likely. I doubt this has bein refuted by my posts as they are uhm vague, at times I guess. Vague isn't the best word. Left myself opened on that one, but stating my awareness of it could nearly be enough to silence a potential backlash. What will happen now? Sorry, ranting.

My help is with me at all times. All I have to do is step back and observe. There you go; add that to the pile.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
29-04-2016, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 08:55 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(29-04-2016 09:04 AM)Alla Wrote:  
popsthebuilder Wrote:Though you believe nothing I say, that doesn't mean I'm a liar. Your insistence on such is a case of your own willful ignorance.
No, he is Saint, he never lied that is why he has the right to preach morality to you.
Contrary to your opinion and political correctness; trying to discuss things with people who actively converse back, on subjects predetermined and made for said discussion really doesn't need any special rights assigned to it, or the necessity of such.

If your opinion was one of subtle sarcasm. If not, disregard.

Opinion can be offensive as can other things that can be true.

29-04-2016, 08:54 PM
(24-04-2016 09:44 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't realize I had and didn't intend to. I don't know what the writings of non peaceable religions state as I have not read them.

Peace
I didn't say you had, but I've noticed you had with others.

I don't think you understood what I meant. All but one religion I've studied have non-peaceable entries in their holy books. I was wondering how you reconcile those.
I suppose I will never get an answer. Oh, well, I tried.
29-04-2016, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 11:25 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Willfully ignorant is knowing something but deceiving yourself to the point where you ignore what you know in favor of another conclusion.
And you have done this multiple times, in multiple treads, while dealing with multiple people. This has been demonstrated over and over and over.

And no your definition of "willful ignorance" is wrong, no surprise there at all, in that you don't have to know something and ignore it but rather ignore things that contradict your view of reality.
Willful Ignorance.
This is something you do ALL the time. You do it in THIS thread. You do it in THIS POST for fuck sake when you claim to "know" things when it's been explained to you multiple times that knowledge is demonstrable and if you can't demonstrate it it's not knowledge so you don't know. You have failed to meet this burden and you just outright ignore the point when it's raised. Which is choosing to remain willfully ignorant.
You don't know, you believe.

You are just making up your own bullshit definitions like you always do and arguing from them as if they were authoritative. They were not 6 months ago, they are not now.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's not what my Faith is.
It really really is. You have no evidence, you have nothing to support your baseless assertions, you resort to dishonesty and outright lying in defense of it, your refuse to acknowledged simple concepts like the difference between knowledge and belief, you create your own definitions (that are frequently just word salad), you have demonstrated a complete failure to grasp the very basics of logic over and over, you display no critical things skills to anything you believe, and you outright ignore people when they demonstrate things that prove you wrong. You have done these time and time and time again and will continue to do so.
You are a freakin' TEXTBOOK example of willfully ignorant. Your faith is not JUST willful ignorance, it's also uneducated, bigoted, dishonest, fraudulent, irrational, and amateurish.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was atheist for a long time wether you believe it or not.
*sigh*
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.
Would you just bloody pick a fucking lie and stick to it?

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was and still am sceptical.
You have displayed not a single ounce of skepticism on this forum in the entire time you have been here. A person who is a skeptic or a critical thinker would have never at ANY POINT claimed that he was correct in his unproven assertions until proven wrong. You failed to understand Occam's razor, you failed to understand what a burden of proof is and why you have to meet it, and your confirmation bias is so huge and so blinding that its visible from fucking space.

You are the furthest thing from a skeptic today, and given how idiotically easy you feel into religiosity I see no reason to think you were EVER a skeptic. You keep claiming you are but you never once display a understanding of the freakin' BASICS of skepticism.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That immature contempt you hold towards me, God, and religion is where I was about a decade ago
I have a better understanding of religion, the god of the bible, it's doctrine, and it's history than you and that has been proven in this thread rather soundly. Your attempts to make your self sound like you have a BETTER understanding of these things than me is laughable and the bluff obvious.
Don't try and compare yourself to me, I actually have an education and a working understanding of logic and critical thinking. We are not a like, not now not a decade ago.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  so don't act like you know something I don't about logic or deception.
Except that I do. By a landslide, and so does nearly every other person here. This is painfully obvious.
Insofar as logic goes....you fail to grasp the basics. I mean really simple stuff like Burden of Proof and why surrounding yourself in only things that agree with you is bad.
Insofar as deception goes.... lol I'm not the one that feel for something with absolutely no evidence in support of it. Get the fuck outta here, haha.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Being willfully ignorant would be me continuing in atheism after knowing otherwise.
I love, love love LOVE, that your attempted refutation of your willful ignorance is an EXAMPLE of your willful ignorance. Knowledge is demonstrable, you can't demonstrate that you know atheism is wrong and thus you don't know, you believe. this has been explained to you multiple times in just this single thread but you have chosen to ignore this fact because it doesn't support your view of reality.
This is textbook willful ignorance, and it's hilarious.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Though my violent, rash side can come forward given the right stimuli, that doesn't make me a generally violent person.
Nonsense sentence. Our actions define what we are. Not only that but if the "stimuli" that can turn you violent includes "talking on the internet" then yes I'd say that makes you not only violent but unhinged.

You're also being a shifty fuck: "Sure I can be violent, but I'm not generally violent." as if this was an excuse for your shitty behavior. That doesn't even mean anything. It also means your not generally kind, charitable, or compassionate. Sure your kind/generous/compassionate side can come forward given the right stimuli, that does not make you a generally kind/generous/compassionate person.

Your so full of shit. You acted like a violent nut job and now not only do you not want to wear that responsibility you also want the ability to lecture people who HAVEN'T acted like that on their morality? lol get fucked.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Though you believe nothing I say, that doesn't mean I'm a liar.
No it does not, the fact that you have been caught and proven lying multiple times is what makes you a liar. You have been shown in this very post I am writing now to be talking out both sides of your fucking mouth to different people at different times.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your insistence on such is a case of your own willful ignorance.
I've never insisted that you are a liar because I don't believe you so you fail there. My position is clear, you are a liar because you tell demonstrable lies. You are not a liar because I don't believe you, I don't believe you because you are a liar.

Also no, it's not an example because I do actually know, have proven, can prove, and will happily prove again the next time I have to, that you are a liar.
Holding to a position that I can ACTUALLY demonstrate to be true is not willful ignorance. It's actually the opposite, and your failure to tell the difference is the source of all your problems.
You failed 3 times in a single sentence, and the fact that this is not even an impressive feat for you should really clue you in to the quality of your character.

(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I commend you on your tone, but surely you'll be back to your normal self soon.
I don't require, want, or even value your "commendation" in the slightest Laugh out loadLaugh out load. Also my tone in which posts? The Bible verse ones you have been avoiding for several days now? Haha ya, eat a bag of rancid dicks pops.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-04-2016, 09:04 PM
(29-04-2016 09:04 AM)Alla Wrote:  
popsthebuilder Wrote:Though you believe nothing I say, that doesn't mean I'm a liar. Your insistence on such is a case of your own willful ignorance.
No, he is Saint, he never lied that is why he has the right to preach morality to you.

You are welcome to find an example of my lying on this forum if you like, however it's not required that a person has NEVER lied to point out when other people are lying. Which I do all the time to the both of you. I can "preach" morality to you both because my moral compass is not demonstrably broken like yours is.

Now shut up Alla if you have nothing interesting to add, the grown ups are talking.

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-04-2016, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 11:23 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(29-04-2016 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  One can only so such through action, which I strive to do in all things, ways, and times, to the limit of my feeble ability, of course. My opinion on something that happened to me and has since repeated in forms and been verified in many, many different fashions is without reversion in general, and always will be because of these very real things that I have experienced yet cannot repeat.
If you can't show it you don't know it. You might believe that you are right and all of the above is not just a fucking pathetic argument from personal experience but if you can't demonstrate it it's not bloody knowledge BY DEFINITION.

You could be lying, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption given how often you do.

(29-04-2016 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This doesn't affect my skepticism in other unrelated things. You cannot accurately judge my skepticism based on isolated interactions on an atheist forum.
When you fail to understand or demonstrate the very fundamentals of skepticism in EVERY interaction of this forum so yes we CAN judge your skepticism.

(29-04-2016 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Basically; you're talking out of your ass.
No you stupid shit he is ACTUALLY applying the definition of knowledge as it exists and applying proper skepticism to claims made by you with no evidence and asserting super secret knowledge with no ability to demonstrate you has it.

You are so bad at skepticism you can't even recognize it.

Using definitions properly is not "talking out your ass" you fucking moron.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-04-2016, 09:14 PM
(29-04-2016 08:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If your opinion was one of subtle sarcasm. If not, disregard.

Are you fucking serious right now? There is no way you can be THIS dense.Laughat

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-04-2016, 09:18 PM
(29-04-2016 08:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do read people's posts and contemplate them wholly.
*cough*
(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't read what whiskey stated but I do not refute that history repeats itself, though I doubt that was what he was claiming.
You don't even understand most of what people post let alone read it all, or contemplate it.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-04-2016, 09:35 PM
(29-04-2016 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 04:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If you cannot 'show it', you do not 'know it', and you need to stop pretending like you do.

Simple as that pops. And if you cannot understand something that fucking simple, the parts about you being 'rational' and 'skeptical' are complete and utter bullshit.
One can only so such through action, which I strive to do in all things, ways, and times, to the limit of my feeble ability, of course. My opinion on something that happened to me and has since repeated in forms and been verified in many, many different fashions is without reversion in general, and always will be because of these very real things that I have experienced yet cannot repeat. This doesn't affect my skepticism in other unrelated things. You cannot accurately judge my skepticism based on isolated interactions on an atheist forum. You would know, understand, and agree with that if you weren't predisposed to a biased perspective given the communication and or interaction limits or specifications.

Basically; you're talking out of your ass.

Peace though

Basically, it all happens inside your head. So, you cannot show it. Hence, you do not know it.

You tacitly admit to special pleading and not applying your skepticism equally. You are a delusional fraud.

[Image: 2010-01-29.gif]

Q.E.D. bitch. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post