Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(29-04-2016 09:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Basically, it all happens inside your head. So, you cannot show it. Hence, you do not know it.

That's an argument for idealism more than materialism. just sayin'

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 11:05 PM
(29-04-2016 09:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 09:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Basically, it all happens inside your head. So, you cannot show it. Hence, you do not know it.

That's an argument for idealism more than materialism. just sayin'

Can't say I'm familiar, could you elaborate?

I'm just trying to drive home the point that pops is continuously misusing the term 'knowledge'. He can be as fucked-in-the-head as he likes, and if he refrained from pretending his unfounded and indemonstrable beliefs where anything but, that would be the end of it. It's his masquerading of his beliefs as knowledge that gets my ire.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-04-2016, 05:29 AM
(29-04-2016 09:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 08:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If your opinion was one of subtle sarcasm. If not, disregard.

Are you fucking serious right now? There is no way you can be THIS dense.Laughat

Would you care to bet on that? Pops has surpassed neutron star level with regard to being dense.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
30-04-2016, 06:10 AM
(29-04-2016 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  One can only so such through action,

Your actions can not demonstrate the truth of your claims. They may attest to the value of your philosophy but that is not the same thing. We are not asking for you to support your philosophy. We are asking for you to demonstrate that the things you claim to be true are, in fact, true. You'd understand the difference if you weren't a disingenuous, unbalanced, ignorant fool.

Quote: My opinion on something that happened to me and has since repeated in forms and been verified in many, many different fashions is without reversion in general, and always will be because of these very real things that I have experienced yet cannot repeat.

No, none of it has been verified except in your little delusional worldview.

Quote:This doesn't affect my skepticism in other unrelated things.

Free clue: being skeptical except for one area that you accept without evidence means that you are not a skeptic. You are an inconsistent, irrational fool. Given your obvious inability to understand what people are saying and your inability to think clearly I do not believe that you are a skeptic in any meaningful sense.

Quote:You cannot accurately judge my skepticism based on isolated interactions on an atheist forum.

Actually, I can. At the very least I can come close. You have a sufficient posting history for people to get a pretty good idea how you think and it isn't a pretty picture.

Quote:You would know, understand, and agree with that if you weren't predisposed to a biased perspective given the communication and or interaction limits or specifications.

You are drifting into word salad again. You do realize that you don't put sentences together the same way others do, right? Train of thought can be interesting but not when there's a switch and a gauge change every few feet. The wording of your posts makes it very clear that you do not think rationally.

Quote:Basically; you're talking out of your ass.

Well, I will grant that you are the expert there.

(29-04-2016 08:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unforced,

I'll assume that was supposed to be 'Unfogged'

Quote:What do I insulate myself from? Could you be specific at all?

You insulate yourself from reality.

Quote:Surely you realize that I am present here and on other atheistic sites. I converse about all topics of relevence that I happen to catch.

No, you don't converse, you bloviate. Conversation requires listening to what others say and trying to understand it. You show no ability to do either.

Quote:I do read people's posts and contemplate them wholly.

I do not believe that. I have seen no evidence of it.

Quote:What you as an atheist somehow seem incapable of accepting is that while I can contemplate these things that are discussed or brought up by the atheist, I have done so before, long ago. These previous conclusions have been superseeded by new personal evidence. I know that's hard to conceive for people of such clear opened minds with apt means for discernment, but it is indeed the case.

I suspect you think you are being insulting but you are just so bad at it that it becomes funny. "Personal evidence" is a nonsense phrase. Evidence is demonstrable to others.

Quote:Anyway; saying I don't consider the things that I discuss and inquire on daily is pretty ridiculous.

I don't know if you consider things at any level; the evidence from your posts is that you do not understand the things that you discuss.

Quote:Indeed the Faith I speak of is different from what most all hypocritically call faith. Though I too am with falter and deviation from known will, I don't proclaim my sanctity or salvation. I have stated before that those here who are indeed honestly ignorant are safe...safer than me even. So yes, the Faith I speak of in general is a proper noun as it is differentiated from faith with only word when convenient, in many ways.

More word salad. That does not explain anything, it just shows that your thought processes are so warped that you are unable to communicate clearly. You need help.

Quote:Indeed, intially I had concluded a lack of God via honest thourough consideration. Pain, evil, atrocity, lack of dinosaurs in the creation story...all of these where obvious at about first grade. Only further understanding that there was no God came after that even through adulthood. So I was an atheist for the "right"reasons, but that's sort of an oxymoron.

As WD reminded me, you have previously said that you were an atheist because you hated god so you can't even keep your claims straight.

Quote:You claim I'm gullible because of your stereo type of the faithful most likely.

I claim that you are gullible because you state that you believe something based on incredibly bad evidence.

Quote:I doubt this has bein refuted by my posts as they are uhm vague, at times I guess. Vague isn't the best word. Left myself opened on that one, but stating my awareness of it could nearly be enough to silence a potential backlash. What will happen now? Sorry, ranting.

You are correct, vague isn't the right word. Confused and erratic would be closer to the mark. I'm not a psychologist but I get a very strong impression from your posts that you have some kind of mental illness. I am very serious when I say that you need help. You are not well.

Quote:My help is with me at all times. All I have to do is step back and observe. There you go; add that to the pile.

Stepping back into your own head is probably not the best solution. It just reinforces your little fantasy world. You need real help from a qualified practitioner.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
30-04-2016, 07:55 AM
(29-04-2016 04:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  [...] I was atheist for a long time whether you believe it or not. I was and still am sceptical. I have lied to my self in the past. That immature contempt you hold towards me, God, and religion is where I was about a decade ago, so don't act like you know something I don't about logic or deception. [...]

It's extremely unusual to read of a former atheist whose become a religionist. I can only assume that, as an alleged atheist, you didn't duly investigate and/or comprehend any of the natural sciences—geology, evolution, anthropology, biology, astronomy, genetics etc—at any meaningful depth, or read any of the copious scientific literature that more than adequately invalidates virtually all the tenets of every religion. And you must have been—in reality—a very soft atheist anyway.

By reverting to theism, you've chosen to voluntarily dumb yourself down, kill off millions of operative brain cells, and lower your IQ by 20 points. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
30-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Poor diluted hypocrites.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
30-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(30-04-2016 09:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Poor diluted hypocrites.

I suggest you look up the meanings of those words because you clearly do not know them. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-04-2016, 11:07 AM

What do you get when you mix a kaboodle and a cazoodle? .... a clubuttle!!

Symbols, labels, and words used the way you convey them provide no manner of efficient communication for any purpose but trolling. You're mr. negativity always bringing bad and evil across all interactions you have with this manner of speaking.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
30-04-2016, 11:21 AM
This is all you got to say to multiple demonstrations of your own ignorance, numerous demonstrated instances of your willingness to lie, and a whole bunch of people explaining how words work cause you clearly don't know how they do?

Fuckin' amateur. Tuck tail and run, your outta your league kid.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
30-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Do you feel better now?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse