Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(01-05-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Diluted as in weak.
Out of curiosity are you going to actually provide any examples of anyone's hypocrisy or are you just gonna use vague proclamations and assertions? We have DEMONSTRATED specific examples of your hypocrisy and lying, numerous times in fact.

It's starting to look like your debate strategy is "I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?".

(01-05-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Neutered like the imp.
lolwut? Care to translate that into English skippy.

(01-05-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Deluded as in very mislead.
It's possible to be mislead by the evidence, however it's impossible to be be anything BUT mislead by a complete lack of evidence. Which is what you have: no evidence.

I personally find it hilarious that a person with no evidence, no knowledge, and a frighteningly loose grip on reality is call people who form their beliefs to the demonstrable evidence "mislead". I wonder what that would be called..oh wait...Laughat

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM
(01-05-2016 01:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 01:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I tried being nice and engage you in discussion. But you disregarded me in favor of arguing. So I guess you are not interested in positive talks. So I will leave you to squabbling instead. I wish you well.
What post are you reforming to?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
It's not worth going over, sir. You have your priorities. I wish you well in your endeavors.
01-05-2016, 02:25 PM
(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? I get my understanding of scripture from scripture alone. Not any website at all.

Yes, it is quite well understood that you just make shit up as you go and that you pick and choose what you want so that it confirms what you already believe.

Quote: Stop assuming shit. Or continue, whatever. Just know your wrong. And about the slaves. I have stated previously that the bible is full of double and triple entendres and the case of the servant, steward, slave is no exception.

The bible is quite clear about who you can enslave. All the apologetics about servants and stewards is the result of cherry-picking and twisting the plain text to try to avoid the fact that it explicitly endorses slavery.

Get some help, Pops. You need it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? I get my understanding of scripture from scripture alone. Not any website at all.
And it's just a coincidence that you say exactly the same thing as many of the apologetic sites, the same mistakes, and the exact same counter arguments. lol OK.

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Stop assuming shit. Or continue, whatever.
It's a reasonable assumption, given your repeated failure to argue for yourself, that you would turn to someone else for help.

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just know your wrong.
For me to know it you would have to demonstration it and I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, your aversion to reality and all. That said I could be wrong....in which case the fuck ups and incompetence and reading comprehension in your posts are YOUR fault and not some apologetics website. Laugh out load

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And about the slaves. I have stated previously that the bible is full of double and triple entendres and the case of the servant, steward, slave is no exception.
Read my fucking posts you dumb cunt, this point has already been refuted. Here ya go:
(26-04-2016 11:02 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Nope, the original Greek uses the word "doulos" which means slave. It does not mean servant it does not mean bondservent it just means slave and only slave. There are multiple words that mean servant, they are not used here. The word for slave is used and used exclusively.
Servant is used in the KJV because there was a concerted effort in the 16th century to change slave to servant, because slave was too "negative". Originally changed in the Geneva Bible by it's translators Calvin and John Knox and that tradition was continued in the KJV. It is NOT an accurate translation of the word, the actual translation is slave and only ever slave.

The words are NOT interchangeable, the passage is talking SPECIFICALLY about slaves. Not servants, SLAVES.

You wanna try addressing the other 95% of that post or have you had enough failure and dishonesty for one day?

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-05-2016, 02:28 PM
(01-05-2016 02:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Yes, it is quite well understood that you just make shit up as you go and that you pick and choose what you want so that it confirms what you already believe.
Quoted for truth, and because it needs to be said over and over.

01-05-2016, 02:32 PM
(01-05-2016 02:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's starting to look like your debate strategy is "I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?".

To be fair, some of his strategy involves "I'm rubber, you're glue..." (or, as julep would say, "your glue" in Pops speak).

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-05-2016, 05:10 PM
(01-05-2016 02:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 02:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yes, it is quite well understood that you just make shit up as you go and that you pick and choose what you want so that it confirms what you already believe.
Quoted for truth, and because it needs to be said over and over.
So you admit you were lying about me copying the interpretation of scripture by a third party? Thanks.

01-05-2016, 05:13 PM
(01-05-2016 01:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Which particular imp we talking?
From the Age of enlightenment society has been neutered of its potential.

01-05-2016, 05:23 PM
(01-05-2016 02:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Diluted as in weak.
Out of curiosity are you going to actually provide any examples of anyone's hypocrisy or are you just gonna use vague proclamations and assertions? We have DEMONSTRATED specific examples of your hypocrisy and lying, numerous times in fact.

It's starting to look like your debate strategy is "I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?".

lolwut? Care to translate that into English skippy.

(01-05-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Deluded as in very mislead.
It's possible to be mislead by the evidence, however it's impossible to be be anything BUT mislead by a complete lack of evidence. Which is what you have: no evidence.

I personally find it hilarious that a person with no evidence, no knowledge, and a frighteningly loose grip on reality is call people who form their beliefs to the demonstrable evidence "mislead". I wonder what that would be called..oh wait...Laughat
If you have demonstrable examples of my lying and hypocricy then perhaps you could produce them. While your at it you could show how I explained that I hated God much later in my atheism and not from its inception in first grade.

I have stated that I am a hypocrite. And that still stands, but what I am hypocritical about hasn't really been discussed. I'll be waiting. I know how you like to attempt to prove me wrong. Good luck