Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(01-05-2016 02:21 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 01:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What post are you reforming to?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
It's not worth going over, sir. You have your priorities. I wish you well in your endeavors.
My priority at this point is accepting that I may have overlooked a sincere inquiry, apology for such, and an opportunity to at very least view the topic in question.

Thank you for your own sincerity or at least lack of offence.

Peace

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 05:41 PM
(01-05-2016 02:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? I get my understanding of scripture from scripture alone. Not any website at all.
And it's just a coincidence that you say exactly the same thing as many of the apologetic sites, the same mistakes, and the exact same counter arguments. lol OK.

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Stop assuming shit. Or continue, whatever.
It's a reasonable assumption, given your repeated failure to argue for yourself, that you would turn to someone else for help.

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just know your wrong.
For me to know it you would have to demonstration it and I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, your aversion to reality and all. That said I could be wrong....in which case the fuck ups and incompetence and reading comprehension in your posts are YOUR fault and not some apologetics website. Laugh out load

(01-05-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And about the slaves. I have stated previously that the bible is full of double and triple entendres and the case of the servant, steward, slave is no exception.
Read my fucking posts you dumb cunt, this point has already been refuted. Here ya go:
(26-04-2016 11:02 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Nope, the original Greek uses the word "doulos" which means slave. It does not mean servant it does not mean bondservent it just means slave and only slave. There are multiple words that mean servant, they are not used here. The word for slave is used and used exclusively.
Servant is used in the KJV because there was a concerted effort in the 16th century to change slave to servant, because slave was too "negative". Originally changed in the Geneva Bible by it's translators Calvin and John Knox and that tradition was continued in the KJV. It is NOT an accurate translation of the word, the actual translation is slave and only ever slave.

The words are NOT interchangeable, the passage is talking SPECIFICALLY about slaves. Not servants, SLAVES.

You wanna try addressing the other 95% of that post or have you had enough failure and dishonesty for one day?
I would like it very much if you could direct me towards these websites that, to you, agree with my scriptural interpretation. I doubt you would be so kind though.

Slave and servant are interchangeable.

slave

slāv/

noun

historical

a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

synonyms:historicalserf,vassal, thrall;

archaicbondsman,bondswoman

"the work was done by slaves"

The other 95% you are using the opinions of others(what you claim I am doing, as usual) to refute my opinion. It is a fruitless argument. I don't argue because I enjoy it. If it is obvious even to me that there is no convincing someone then what's the point? I don't want to be contentious just cuz. Basically I agree to disagree and deny "your" rebuttal as to having any substance or understanding on your part. You don't really seem worth my time as you hold so much contempt that any waver in your predisposed thought processes ( really just habitual, practiced bull shit) is exceedingly unlikely.

You probably couldn't name off moral virtues as listed in any scripture for your life's sake. I generally don't think most are of a "hardened heart" and as such are completely blind to the truth for the extent of their life, but I'm not too sure about you.

I'll be waiting.

Peace

01-05-2016, 05:52 PM
(01-05-2016 05:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 02:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Quoted for truth, and because it needs to be said over and over.
So you admit you were lying about me copying the interpretation of scripture by a third party? Thanks.

What you quoted has nothing to do with your response....

Whatever not important. As for your idiot rambling : I admit no such thing as I said that I believe that you did, not that you did as a statement of fact.

Nice try though shithead. Lol

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
01-05-2016, 05:58 PM
(01-05-2016 05:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you have demonstrable examples of my lying and hypocricy then perhaps you could produce them.
Is there any single person here of sound mind that is not convinced that I have done this time and time and time again, please let me know. I'd rather not waste my time doing it again if it's unnecessary.

01-05-2016, 06:17 PM
(01-05-2016 05:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So you admit you were lying about me copying the interpretation of scripture by a third party? Thanks.

What the actual fuck? You have zero reading comprehension.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-05-2016, 06:19 PM
(01-05-2016 06:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 05:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So you admit you were lying about me copying the interpretation of scripture by a third party? Thanks.

What the actual fuck? You have zero reading comprehension.
What he quoted doesn't even have any relation to what he is even saying. I think he has gone off the deep end. The derp end anyway.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
01-05-2016, 06:28 PM
(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slave and servant are interchangeable.

Facepalm

Every time I think you can't say anything more stupid than you have you surprise me. You really do need serious help.

Quote:slave
slāv/
noun
historical
1. a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
synonyms:historical serf, vassal, thrall; archaic bondsman, bondswoman

You quote a definition to support your position that doesn't support your position... you are even more irrational than I thought.

It is very simple...
Slavery is immoral.
The bible endorses slavery.
The bible promotes an immoral value.

Quote:You don't really seem worth my time as you hold so much contempt that any waver in your predisposed thought processes ( really just habitual, practiced bull shit) is exceedingly unlikely.

Laugh out load irony is always funny

If this site isn't worth your time please feel free to stop spewing your nonsensical crap all over it.

Quote:You probably couldn't name off moral virtues as listed in any scripture for your life's sake.

Free clue: we don't care what's listed in scripture. There is no good reason to use scripture for anything other than inquiry into ancient history. Anything good in it is not good because it is in it and has to be judged independently.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-05-2016, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 11:44 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would like it very much if you could direct me towards these websites that, to you, agree with my scriptural interpretation. I doubt you would be so kind though.
Iron Chariots has a fairly comprehensive list of modern christian apologetic for Bible verses from around the internet and debates, as does Rationalwiki. I could play and win "Shit Argument Bingo" by comparing your statements to standard christian apologetics of the Bible. It's a bloody check list.

Again though if you want to claim that debunked and poorly thought out mental diarrhea as your own you go right ahead. Makes no difference to me.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slave and servant are interchangeable.
Not in the verse I was talking about, in some parts of the Bible the earliest writings use a word in some places that can mean either servant or slave....BUT NOT ALWAYS. In the verses I brought up the word doulos is used, and that word means slave and ONLY slave, it is NOT interchangeable with servant or any other word. it just means a person who is the property of another person, or in other words a slave.

Also your just obviously full of shit as if slave and servant are interchangeable you wouldn't have been arguing that it does NOT mean slave. Fucking amateur. But hey lets look at your definition, cause I could use a good laugh.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  slave

slāv/

noun

historical

1.) You are giving me the English definition of of slave, when I'm arguing from a Greek word. The Greek word "doulos" does NOT mean servant, it only means slave as in the case of antiquity. Ancient Greek had a word that was largely interchangeable and it's used in other places where it makes sense. However it is not used here, here doulos is used.
2.) Your definition doesn't even include the word "servant" in it's synonyms for fuck sake you idiot. Why would you provide a definition to prove that slave and servant are interchangeable which doesn't even agree that's the case? Fucking hell.
3.) You said that "Servants can be seen as employees today and the bosses the masters" and then you said that "slave and servant is interchangeable" and then you provided a definition which states that a slave is " a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them".
Somewhere in your game of musical chairs you fucked up because employees today are NOT the legal property of the bosses nor can the bosses use force upon their workers.
Your bullshit does not even agree with it's self. You are just so bad at this kid, so so so so bad.

So by your "logic" you are saying that the Civil War was wrong cause no one in the south owned slaves they just own servants, and servants are just workers like today? WHEN YOU MAKE UP YOUR BULLSHIT AS YOU GO IT'S EASY TO TELL IT'S BULLSHIT.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The other 95% you are using the opinions of others(what you claim I am doing, as usual) to refute my opinion.
Most of it is from memory, both from my many times reading the stupid book, and my times on this forum and other sites, as well as numerous academic books. The vast majority are realizations I came to over a decade ago, well before I even knew i was an atheist. However that's entirely irrelevant as even if I did a direct copy+paste it wouldn't change the fact that your position has been utterly savaged and left in ruins.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is a fruitless argument.
Not in the slightest, it's successfully destroyed your arguments and objections and while I'm sure if I rolled a potato across my keyboard it would be able to do the same, it's still not nothing.Drinking Beverage

Showing you to be dishonest and evasive is very fruitful, just not for you.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If it is obvious even to me that there is no convincing someone then what's the point?
You have acknowledged repeatedly that you are never going to convince anyone based on your own personal experiences yet you regurgitate that dumb shit all the time. Over and over and over. You have used it as a defense and an excuse a dozen times or more in this thread alone.
You could convince me easily by providing some evidence or even a remotely compelling argument, instead of your Sunday School level of biblical and historical understanding.
This is just you trying to turn tail and run off like a little bitch, and your little smoke screen does nothing to hide the fact you have no rebuttal at all. Weak kid, just weak.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Basically I agree to disagree and deny "your" rebuttal as to having any substance or understanding on your part.
Except that there will be no agreement to disagree, because you are just wrong. *I* have gone through, line by fucking line, every single argument you have made and shown why it's just standard apologetics bullshit with no basis in fact, history, or rationality. I've SHOWN why you are wrong and your response is to offer nothing in rebuttal and just DECLARE I'm wrong? Lol fuck off, you lost just accept it with some grace, you are out of your depth here just as you are in every other subject.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't really seem worth my time as you hold so much contempt
I hold contempt for people like you who will lie in argument, argue dishonestly, make excuses for their own failings, and a propagate a way of thinking that has held this species back for several thousand years, and who will argue morality from a book that is pro-slaver- pro-rape, and pro-genocide. This contempt is a good and rational thing, it keeps people from becoming delusional fools liek you.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  that any waver in your predisposed thought processes ( really just habitual, practiced bull shit) is exceedingly unlikely.
Relaying on evidence, not accepting nonsense claims that have no evidence, opposing liars, and applying my skepticism consistently is not bullshit fucko. No my thoughts are not going to waver from "sane and reasonable" into "gullible fuckwittery" any time soon and that's also a good thing.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You probably couldn't name off moral virtues as listed in any scripture for your life's sake.
First off I've done it in the past numerous times, the bible for example has a few bits of good here and there even if it's crudely done. The thing is I don't ignore all the bad cause I have a narrative to support and facts get in the way of that. Not only that but even if i couldn't (and I have already demonstrated a better understanding of both scripture AND the political and economic history around which it was written) that wouldn't be a bad thing as rational intelligent people don't get their morals from A FUCKING FAIRY TAIL you s tupid shit.

Again I'll point out you little piece of shit that I'M not the one arguing in favor of a book full of pro-rape, pro-genocide, and pro-slavery as a guide to morality. So maybe shut the fuck up.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I generally don't think most are of a "hardened heart" and as such are completely blind to the truth for the extent of their life, but I'm not too sure about you.
And you can continue to shut the fuck up, I don't fail to believe your bullshit because I have a "hard heart" but because I have a working brain you shithead. I've given you dozens upon dozens of opportunities to provide a shred, a single solitary scrap, of evidence in support of your stupid delusional assertions and you have failed, again and again and again and again. I write a long and detailed post on why you are wrong how you are wrong and I walk you through it point for point and all I get from you is silence, excuses, or lies.

You have no special truth. You have no special knowledge. Your just a sad sad little man with old useless ideas who wants to cling to an imaginary friend cause you can't deal with reality as it is.

Well tough, you have failed to make any kind of case at all except for your own mental illness. You have no evidence, you have no honesty, and you have no right to talk morality to anyone. You're just another religious nut. A lunatic in need of padded walls.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'll be waiting.
For what? Two of the three brain cells still kicking around in your head to collide so you can have a thought that's not fucking primitive garbage? That's a long wait on a train don't come. Drinking Beverage

"You'll be waiting", what a fucking joke lol. I'm still waiting to find out what your opinion of Neo-Nazi ideas are, a simple question you have been dodging for days now and we both know why.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-05-2016, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 09:01 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(01-05-2016 08:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would like it very much if you could direct me towards these websites that, to you, agree with my scriptural interpretation. I doubt you would be so kind though.
Iron Chariots has a fairly comprehensive list of modern christian apologetic for Bible verses from around the internet and debates, as does Rationalwiki. I could play and win "Shit Argument Bingo" by comparing your statements to standard christian apologetics of the Bible. It's a bloody check list.

Again though if you want to claim that debunked and poorly thought out mental diarrhea as your own you go right ahead. Makes no difference to me.

Not in the verse I was talking about, in some parts of the Bible the earliest writings use a word in some places that can mean either servant or slave....BUT NOT ALWAYS. In the verses I brought up the word doulos is used, and that word means slave and ONLY slave, it is NOT interchangeable with servant or any other word. it just means a person who is the property of another person, or in other words a slave.

Also your just obviously full of shit as if slave and servant are interchangeable you wouldn't have been arguing that it does NOT mean slave. Fucking amateur. But hey lets look at your definition, cause I could use a good laugh.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  slave

slāv/

noun

historical

1.) You are giving me the English definition of of slave, when I'm arguing from a Greek word. The Greek word "doulos" does NOT mean servant, it only means slave as in the case of antiquity. Ancient Greek had a word that was largely interchangeable and it's used in other places where it makes sense. However it is not used here, here doulos is used.
2.) Your definition doesn't even include the word "servant" in it's synonyms for fuck sake you idiot. Why would you provide a definition to prove that slave and servant are interchangeable which doesn't even agree that's the case? Fucking hell.
3.) You said that "Servants can be seen as employees today and the bosses the masters" and then you said that "slave and servant is interchangeable" and then you provided a definition which states that a slave is " a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them".
Somewhere in your game of musical chairs you fucked up because employees today are NOT the legal property of the bosses nor can the bosses use force upon their workers.
Your bullshit does not even agree with it's self. You are just so bad at this kid, so so so so bad.

So by your "logic" you are saying that the Civil War was wrong cause no one in the south owned slaves they just own servants, and servants are just workers like today? WHEN YOU MAKE UP YOUR BULLSHIT AS YOU GO IT'S EASY TO TELL IT'S BULLSHIT.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The other 95% you are using the opinions of others(what you claim I am doing, as usual) to refute my opinion.
Most of it is from memory, both from my many times reading the stupid book, and my times on this forum and other sites, as well as numerous academic books. The vast majority are realizations I came to over a decade ago, well before I even knew i was an atheist. However that's entirely irrelevant as even if I did a direct copy+paste it wouldn't change the fact that your position has been utterly savaged and left in ruins.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is a fruitless argument.
Not in the slightest, it's successfully destroyed your arguments and objections and while I'm sure if I rolled a potato across my keyboard it would be able to do the same, it's still not nothing.Drinking Beverage

Showing you to be dishonest and evasive is very fruitful, just not for you.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If it is obvious even to me that there is no convincing someone then what's the point?
You have acknowledged repeatedly that you are never going to convince anyone based on your own personal experiences yet you regurgitate that dumb shit all the time. Over and over and over. You have used it as a defense and an excuse a dozen times or more in this thread alone.
You could convince me easily by providing some evidence or even a remotely compelling argument, instead of your Sunday School level of biblical and historical understanding.
This is just you trying to turn tail and run off like a little bitch, and your little smoke screen does nothing to hide the fact you have no rebuttal at all. Weak kid, just weak.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Basically I agree to disagree and deny "your" rebuttal as to having any substance or understanding on your part.
Except that there will be no agreement to disagree, because you are just wrong. *I* have gone through, line by fucking line, every single argument you have made and shown why it's just standard apologetics bullshit with no basis in fact, history, or rationality. I've SHOWN why you are wrong and your response is to offer nothing in rebuttal and just DECLARE I'm wrong? Lol fuck off, you lost just accept it with some grace, you are out of your depth here just as you are in every other subject.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't really seem worth my time as you hold so much contempt
I hold contempt for people like you who will lie in argument, argue dishonestly, make excuses for their own failings, and a propagate a way of thinking that has held this species back for several thousand years, and who will argue morality from a book that is pro-slaver- pro-rape, and pro-genocide. This contempt is a good and rational thing, it keeps people from becoming delusional fools liek you.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  that any waver in your predisposed thought processes ( really just habitual, practiced bull shit) is exceedingly unlikely.
Relaying on evidence, not accepting nonsense claims that have no evidence, opposing liars, and applying my skepticism consistently is not bullshit fucko. No my thoughts are not going to waver from "sane and reasonable" into "gullible fuckwittery" any time soon and that's also a good thing.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You probably couldn't name off moral virtues as listed in any scripture for your life's sake.
First off I've done it in the past numerous times, the bible for example has a few bits of good here and there even if it's crudely done. The thing is I don't ignore all the bad cause I have a narrative to support and facts get in the way of that. Not only that but even if i couldn't (and I have already demonstrated a better understanding of both scripture AND the political and economic history around which it was written) that wouldn't be a bad thing as rational intelligent people don't get their morals from A FUCKING FAIRY TAIL you s tupid shit.

Again I'll point out you little piece of shit that I'M not the one arguing in favor of a book full of pro-rape, pro-genocide, and pro-slavery as a guide to morality. So maybe shut the fuck up.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I generally don't think most are of a "hardened heart" and as such are completely blind to the truth for the extent of their life, but I'm not too sure about you.
And you can continue to shut the fuck up, I don't fail to believe your bullshit because I have a "hard heart" but because I have a working brain you shithead. I've given you dozens upon dozens of opportunities to provide a shred, a single solitary scrap, of evidence in support of your stupid delusional assertions and you have failed, again and again and again and again. I write a long and detailed post on why you are wrong how you are wrong and I walk you through it point for point and all I get from you is silence, excuses, or lies.

You have no special truth. You have no special knowledge. Your just a sad sad little man with old useless ideas who wants to cling to an imaginary friend cause you can't deal with reality as it is.

Well tough, you have failed to make any kind of case at all except for your own mental illness. You have no evidence, you have no honesty, and you have no right to talk morality to anyone. You're just another religious nut. A lunatic in need of padded walls.

(01-05-2016 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'll be waiting.
For what? Two of the three brain cells still kicking around in your head to collide so you can have a thought that's not fucking primitive garbage? That's a long wait on a train don't come. Drinking Beverage

"You'll be waiting", what a fucking joke lol. I'm still waiting to find out what your opinion of Neo-Nazi ideas are, a simple question you have been dodging for days now and we both no why.
What do neo Nazis have to do with anything? I don't know of there ideals or I would have commented.

Are you done using the ot for your near endless rant?
It's already been discussed that it was misleading. So why use that for the basis of your argument. Why don't you expand to other books and try the same arguments?

As far as what you said about Christ and the sword of GOD; it is the Word of GOD, and really not a literal sword. To be a slave of GOD is to free of the bindings of one's own flesh. Again; not literal.

Oh, and I'm waiting for examples of me lying and observable hypocrisy on my part, like you said you observed and pointed out endless times.

You said the shit, you claim to prove me wrong at every turn so....well, do it.

01-05-2016, 08:55 PM
(01-05-2016 06:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Facepalm

Every time I think you can't say anything more stupid than you have you surprise me. You really do need serious help.

Quote:slave
slāv/
noun
historical
1. a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
synonyms:historical serf, vassal, thrall; archaic bondsman, bondswoman

You quote a definition to support your position that doesn't support your position... you are even more irrational than I thought.

It is very simple...
Slavery is immoral.
The bible endorses slavery.
The bible promotes an immoral value.

Quote:You don't really seem worth my time as you hold so much contempt that any waver in your predisposed thought processes ( really just habitual, practiced bull shit) is exceedingly unlikely.

Laugh out load irony is always funny

If this site isn't worth your time please feel free to stop spewing your nonsensical crap all over it.

Quote:You probably couldn't name off moral virtues as listed in any scripture for your life's sake.

Free clue: we don't care what's listed in scripture. There is no good reason to use scripture for anything other than inquiry into ancient history. Anything good in it is not good because it is in it and has to be judged independently.
What?