Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
Not necessarily harsh, to answer the original question, but certainly a little inaccurate. Since, as you concede, the child cannot know batman, santa claus and the easter bunny, they also cannot know (without instruction) God it does not follow that they subscribe to atheism. The conclusion we have to make here is that since they cannot know if God exists or if He doesn't exist, infants are agnostic to any deistic notion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Fact: majority of atheists become theists.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-04-2016, 04:41 PM
(23-04-2016 04:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Fact: majority of atheists become theists.

Really ? Where is the evidence for your claim ? Most atheists and nonbelievers were theists by the way.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
23-04-2016, 04:44 PM
(23-04-2016 04:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:52 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  If they are not theists, they are the opposite which is an athiest.
OK, but at least admit that they have NO IDEA that they are atheists. They don't even know what a heck is that.

Just because they don't know what it is doesn't mean they can't be defined that way. Technically a baby doesn't know it's even a human being or what a boy or girl is but does that stop them from being a human baby girl or boy? Just because they don't understand gender? We can all be defined or labelled as something we don't understand. I didn't even know that I was an atheist until a friend brought it up to me but until that moment I had been an atheist for a few months at least after I did reject the faith my parents had raised me with. I just didn't know there was a word for it, just like a baby wouldn't know but they are still atheists none the less.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
23-04-2016, 04:47 PM
It was said here that all humans are born atheists.
There are many theists on Earth. It means that all these atheists became theists.
There are more theists than atheists. So, majority of atheists become theists.
That is all I am saying. I just acknowledge fact. Nothing more.

23-04-2016, 04:49 PM
So, if infants have no idea that they are atheists then what is the point?

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
23-04-2016, 04:52 PM
(23-04-2016 04:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  It was said here that all humans are born atheists.
There are many theists on Earth. It means that all these atheists became theists.

Humans and lions are born without any God concept. So human and lions pups aren't theists or atheists. The only difference between humans and lions is that lions aren't Indoctrinated with any God concept and religion.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
23-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Leo Wrote:Humans and lions are born without any God concept. So human and lions pups aren't theists or atheists
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23-04-2016, 05:09 PM
(23-04-2016 04:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, if infants have no idea that they are atheists then what is the point?

The point is if a baby is born not believing in a God and then are told there is a God they are being indoctrinated into that belief system later with no real choice or free will and that a belief in a God is not innate or natural like it would be if a God was real but since it's not and we have to be told about it there is more proof that this God is not real but just a myth that spread.

If a couple moved to the woods and had a baby and that baby was raised never being told that God exists and never given any religious teaching whatsoever would God go out of his way to reach out to him? Would he ever inspire him or speak to him in any way? No, he wouldn't, he relies on his holy book and the followers of his various religions and denominations, so this kid will never know and will always be an atheist until the day he dies just like he was when he was born.

23-04-2016, 05:10 PM
(23-04-2016 04:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  It was said here that all humans are born atheists.

So you admit that babies are born atheists and then are later turned into theists? Ok, good so it's settled then.