Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?
(06-05-2016 06:02 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 05:53 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  hbl was a special individual. Unfortunately faith can really make a person have a mindset like that. It's scary.

I find it interesting that they would call atheists zombies.

Wait, you're not zombies? Hold on, I'm confused.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 06:12 AM
(06-05-2016 06:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:02 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I find it interesting that they would call atheists zombies.

JDog554 was showing me a thread where someone claimed all atheists were zombies. It was interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 06:15 AM
(06-05-2016 06:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:02 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I find it interesting that they would call atheists zombies.

Not unless Zombies can type and understand words now.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-05-2016, 06:16 AM
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 04:43 AM)Leo Wrote:  Provoking you for a reaction is what trolls do. In general Alla is a harmless troll. Don't take most of what Alla says seriously and you will be fine.

I disagree. While alla used an aggressive stance, he/she was just asking a question. I notice that my wife gets really angry when I talk about something she doesn't think is in the bible and then prove it is in there. It is when I make her question her faith that she loses it. Could it be that alla is correct?

I answered her question and I told her that I was closing the conversation. She didn't like that so she poked at me a few times.
06-05-2016, 06:17 AM
(06-05-2016 06:16 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I disagree. While alla used an aggressive stance, he/she was just asking a question. I notice that my wife gets really angry when I talk about something she doesn't think is in the bible and then prove it is in there. It is when I make her question her faith that she loses it. Could it be that alla is correct?

I answered her question and I told her that I was closing the conversation. She didn't like that so she poked at me a few times.

I must have missed your answer. I will go back and read.
06-05-2016, 07:44 AM
(05-05-2016 09:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Yikes.
Well, anyway, the Bible definitely has its errors and questionable content.

Wait wait wait. How can that be if it is the inerrant, inspired word of the one true god?
06-05-2016, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 08:05 AM by CosmicRaven.)
(06-05-2016 07:44 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 09:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Yikes.
Well, anyway, the Bible definitely has its errors and questionable content.

Wait wait wait. How can that be if it is the inerrant, inspired word of the one true god?

Lost Verses of the Bible: Episode 1
The real last verse of Revelation: "PSYCH!!!!!"
06-05-2016, 07:56 AM
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 04:43 AM)Leo Wrote:  Provoking you for a reaction is what trolls do. In general Alla is a harmless troll. Don't take most of what Alla says seriously and you will be fine.

I disagree. While alla used an aggressive stance, he/she was just asking a question. I notice that my wife gets really angry when I talk about something she doesn't think is in the bible and then prove it is in there. It is when I make her question her faith that she loses it. Could it be that alla is correct?

No. It could be -- in fact is -- that Alla has no way of knowing who is a "prophet" and who isn't, and supposing that there were/are such things as prophets, she has no way of knowing what they were claiming thousands of years ago. As someone else already pointed out, not everything they said was written down. So she is blowing smoke. She is claiming to have absolute knowledge of something about which she could not possibly have absolute knowledge (or any knowledge at all).
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-05-2016, 08:06 AM
(06-05-2016 07:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I disagree. While alla used an aggressive stance, he/she was just asking a question. I notice that my wife gets really angry when I talk about something she doesn't think is in the bible and then prove it is in there. It is when I make her question her faith that she loses it. Could it be that alla is correct?

No. It could be -- in fact is -- that Alla has no way of knowing who is a "prophet" and who isn't, and supposing that there were/are such things as prophets, she has no way of knowing what they were claiming thousands of years ago. As someone else already pointed out, not everything they said was written down. So she is blowing smoke. She is claiming to have absolute knowledge of something about which she could not possibly have absolute knowledge (or any knowledge at all).

Just remember that "feels" count as "fact" when it comes to theists. It must be true if they feel that way about it.
Even more so, the "feels" also trump established fact, or provide an answer to the unanswerable.
06-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Maybe not :
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/mom-who-...en-bloody/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.