Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?
(30-04-2016 09:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 02:23 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Why wouldn't God come and make a modern Bible for us?

He did. It calls BOOK OF MORMON. It is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ.
Book of Mormon was written for us. For our times, our generations.
Actually the book of Mormon isn't that new or contemporary. The lastest book written by god ( Chuck Norris) is the official Chuck Norris facts book. This divine book is actually approved by Chuck Norris !!Wink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Leo's post
30-04-2016, 09:31 PM
(30-04-2016 09:16 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 09:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  He did. It calls BOOK OF MORMON. It is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ.
Actually the book of Mormon isn't that new or contemporary. The lastest book written by god ( Chuck Norris) is the official Chuck Norris facts book. This divine book is actually approved by Chuck Norris !!Wink

Wonderful! Can I read it?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
30-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Quote:He did. It calls BOOK OF MORMON. It is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ.

Yeah...and Star Wars 2 is another testament of Star Wars 1.

Novels can always have sequels. So what?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-04-2016, 11:46 PM
(30-04-2016 09:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 09:16 PM)Leo Wrote:  Actually the book of Mormon isn't that new or contemporary. The lastest book written by god ( Chuck Norris) is the official Chuck Norris facts book. This divine book is actually approved by Chuck Norris !!Wink

There's a copy buried in your garden, printed in hierglyphics, on gold tables.
What ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-05-2016, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 06:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-04-2016 02:23 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Why wouldn't God come and make a modern Bible for us?

Which is why the convicted con-artist who supposedly translated it out of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs wrote it in old-timey English, because the only Bible he was familiar with was the King James Version. The Book of Mormon wasn't written in the common tongue of the time, it was purposely created to sound older than it was to give it faux legitimacy; because it's a forgery, a work of fiction.

He made those claims because, at the time, nobody had yet deciphered hieroglyphics. This happened before the discovery of the Rosetta stone, the piece of evidence that allowed real scholars to start to decipher the language. Once hieroglyphics were actually translatable, someone had the great idea to double check some of Smith's work. The golden plates weren't the only hieroglyphics he had claimed to have translated. Indeed he had gotten a hold of some genuine Egyptian papyrus, and made a 'translation' of it. Of course his 'translation' corroborated his earlier bullshit he made up in the Book of Mormon. But once his source was checked later by real scholars who could legitimately translate hieroglyphics, it was found to be a piece of The Book of the Dead, a manuscript about funerary rights and the Egyptian's own gods. We know, because we've found more than one copy of the same work, and they've been independently translated and corroborated. Joseph Smith is a liar and a fraud, and we can prove it.

Grow the fuck up. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 11 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-05-2016, 02:54 AM

I was actually Mormon at one point, and even the Mormon church in one of its articles of faith says that the bible has been mistranslated. And as far as the Book of Mormon is concerned, its quite convenient that the source material (golden plates) vanished after the translation was completed, supposedly the angel who told Smith where they were came back to get them when he was done. At least with the bible, there are ancient manuscripts. Although both books are utter bullshit. As an aside.... most of the core doctrine of the Mormon church doesn't even come from the book of Mormon.
[+] 1 user Likes smitthom624's post
01-05-2016, 04:19 AM
(30-04-2016 05:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 02:23 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I think the Bible says that the gospel is supposed to be preached to all the world, but what about the Bible as a whole?

We always have to look back to the Greek and Hebrew. We have to look at the context for different stuff. Especially Paul's letters. Ugh. Some people say how 40 days and 40 nights was an old figure of speech. Seriously? I wonder if the Bible was even supposed to go on to Gentiles or last this long. I know the early Christians expected Jesus to come back very soon. Now it's almost 2000 years later. Blink

I dunno. What do you guys think? Was the Bible meant to be read thousands of years on? Why wouldn't God come and make a modern Bible for us?

My people wrote the bible (at least the part known as the 'old testament'.) It was intended as an internal document, never to be transmitted to Gentiles. The Greeks stole it, and the Christians got it from the Greeks.

So no, it was not intended to be used outside of the Jewish community.

Since the first Christians were Jews, "stole it" might be a bit harsh. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-05-2016, 07:54 AM
(30-04-2016 09:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 09:16 PM)Leo Wrote:  Actually the book of Mormon isn't that new or contemporary. The lastest book written by god ( Chuck Norris) is the official Chuck Norris facts book. This divine book is actually approved by Chuck Norris !!Wink

Yep anyone can read it. You can find the book in Amazon or eBay. True story.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
01-05-2016, 08:19 AM
But not all the "primary sources" were "conveniently" lost. We KNOW he (Smith) was a fraud, because some of the Egyptian scrolls remain, and have been PROVEN to have been fraudulently mistranslated. "You can fool some of the people (Alla) some of the rime, but not all the people all the time". But not to worry, her delusions faith makes her happy, so ... no reason to give up her faith blankey.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-05-2016, 12:14 AM
If Jesus existed and was truly the messiah and fulfilled all the OT prophecies then how come the Jewish faith does not accept that he is the messiah? I think he was fabricated to fit the prophecies but even the old school Jewish folks cried bullshit on that.
[+] 1 user Likes smitthom624's post