Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Was the Bible even intended to be used by us?
(03-05-2016 08:17 AM)Alla Wrote:  
CosmicRaven Wrote:In Jewish belief, God gave them those scriptures. You don't think they'd understand their own scriptures?
Of course, they understood and understand something in their scriptures. But they also don't understand many things. Isn't it very human thing? There is something we understand correctly but something we don't understand.
Those who have AUTHORITY from God to WRITE the scriptures have THE GIFT from God to INTERPRET them correctly.
Jews didn't have and still do not have authority to write the scriptures, so, they teach their own interpretations. Mortals misunderstand many, many things.

-They don't understand many things? Dude, it's *their* scriptures.
-Sure, it's a human thing to misunderstand something.
-I don't see the point you're trying to make with the rest of this. It's their scriptures. I don't exactly how the Bible was put together, but in Jewish beliefs, the Jewish people wrote the scriptures. I think the Jewish people do have some sort of authority when it comes to their own texts.

CosmisRaven Wrote:Also, Jesus, as described in the Christian Bible, doesn't even fulfill messianic prophecy.
Jews were rejecting and killing their prophets long before Jesus was born. They were teaching their own interpretations of the scriptures for a long time.
While Jews didn't have prophets they made up many things. For example, they made up a doctrine that their God is "infinite God" and that He created space and time. NO PROPHET of their God taught such thing.
They misunderstood God's word about Messiah.

-This doesn't really sound like a response to what I was saying.
-I haven't looked into the Jewish view of whether God is supposed to be infinite or not so I can't comment on that right now.
-Your response sounds Mormonish to me.

I have a question: According to Mormon beliefs, where did God come from? Did he have a mom and dad?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 08:48 AM
CosmicRaven Wrote:In Jewish belief, God gave them those scriptures. You don't think they'd understand their own scriptures?
Of course, they understood and understand something in their scriptures. But they also don't understand many things. Isn't it very human thing? There is something we understand correctly but something we don't understand.
Those who have AUTHORITY from God to WRITE the scriptures have THE GIFT from God to INTERPRET them correctly.
Jews didn't have and still do not have authority to write the scriptures, so, they teach their own interpretations. Mortals misunderstand many, many things.
CosmisRaven Wrote:Also, Jesus, as described in the Christian Bible, doesn't even fulfill messianic prophecy.
Jews were rejecting and killing their prophets long before Jesus was born. They were teaching their own interpretations of the scriptures for a long time.
While Jews didn't have prophets they made up many things. For example, they made up a doctrine that their God is "infinite God" and that He created space and time. NO PROPHET of their God taught such thing.

Exactly who do LDS think wrote the Jewish scriptures if they're weren't given the authority to? Angels?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-05-2016, 08:52 AM
(03-05-2016 08:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:17 AM)Alla Wrote:  Of course, they understood and understand something in their scriptures. But they also don't understand many things. Isn't it very human thing? There is something we understand correctly but something we don't understand.

Exactly who do LDS think wrote the Jewish scriptures if they're weren't given the authority to? Angels?

Joseph Smith's hat?

[Image: main-qimg-7a2ebaa5b3e29b708a7ead721e4c2d..._webp=true]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
03-05-2016, 09:04 AM
CosmicRaven Wrote:-They don't understand many things? Dude, it's *their* scriptures.
If you had an opportunity to check how Moses INTERPRETED his own books or if you had an opportunity to check how Isaiah INTERPRETED his own book then you could say to yourself: "Yes, Jewish people interpret exactly the same way Moses or/and Isaiah did it. Or you could say to yourself: "They totally screwed up Moses's and Isaiah's interpretations".
But if you do NOT have Moses's and Isaiah's OWN INTERPRETATIONS of GOD'S WORD, then it is not hard to remember that mortals can NOT know and they can NOT understand Word of God if God does NOT give to them this understanding.
Jewish do not claim to receive revelations from God. Then how do they even themselves know that they are correct? The answer is that they don't know this.

Aliza who is Jewish said that according to her religion God is infinite and that He created space and time. I asked her: "what is the name of the prophet of God who said this?" Till this day I am waiting for an answer.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-05-2016, 09:05 AM
where do angels fit into the mormon religion? does every god have their own angels and the ones in the bible are just yahwehs particular posse?
03-05-2016, 09:07 AM
(03-05-2016 08:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Exactly who do LDS think wrote the Jewish scriptures if they're weren't given the authority to? Angels?
Prophets of God. They wrote the books.
Jewish people do not have prophets of God among them for thousands of years.
They don't have revelations from God for thousands of years.
Why should I believe that Jewish people understand books of the PROPHETS correctly?

03-05-2016, 09:10 AM
(03-05-2016 09:07 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Exactly who do LDS think wrote the Jewish scriptures if they're weren't given the authority to? Angels?
Why should I believe that Jewish peo
ple understand books of the PROPHETS correctly?

Exactly Doesn't equate generally to give me some undefined blanket term. Who? Who were these non Jewish phophets of gods that wrote Hebrew texts for them?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-05-2016, 09:11 AM
(03-05-2016 09:05 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  where do angels fit into the mormon religion? does every god have their own angels and the ones in the bible are just yahwehs particular posse?

Angels are children of God. You are a child of God and you are an angel.
There are angels who are not born on earth yet.
There are angels who live on earth now. They become mortal men.
There are angels who died and now they are in spirit world and they are waiting for the resurrection. There are angels who are resurrected already.
They returned to God.

P.S. Oh, and angels do not have wings. Wings is just a symbol. This symbol has a meaning.

03-05-2016, 09:12 AM
(03-05-2016 09:07 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Why should I believe that Jewish people understand books of the PROPHETS correctly?

Why would you believe Joseph Smith or any Mormon chucklefuck understood anything?

Were you instructed by Isaac Haight's spirit?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-05-2016, 09:15 AM
(03-05-2016 09:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 09:07 AM)Alla Wrote:  Prophets of God. They wrote the books.
Why should I believe that Jewish peo
ple understand books of the PROPHETS correctly?

Exactly Doesn't equate generally to give me some undefined blanket term. Who? Who were these non Jewish phophets of gods that wrote Hebrew texts for them?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

I didn't say that prophets of God were non-Jewish.
All I said is that PROPHETS of God wrote the books. Those are THEIRS books. Only prophets who actually WROTE their own books have an understanding(gift from God) and AUTHORITY to INTERPRET them.
Those who are NOT prophets do NOT have authority from God to interpret books OF THE PROPHETS.
Jewish people do not have this authority . There are NO PROPHETS among them