Was the Civil War... a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Was the Civil War... a lie?
The American Civil War was relatively low on my list of things to eventually inquiry... that was until I found out in the Southern US you'll be sent to prison for up to 3 years for merely questioning the Civil War. That sent the alarm and caused me to wave the red flags in my brain, surely something as 'irrefutable' as the Civil War didn't warrant such a penalty?

I had always been worried about how little scientific evidence there was to support the Civil War, I mean something that would really bind the Civil War actually happening. Like testing for lead bullets in the supposed forts... eventually one scientist did test for lead bullets. Keeping it secret to avoid tampering with, the result was that no traces of lead bullets were found except for in a small fort. Oh yes, there were forts, used to house limes brought into the camps to kill smells and prevent epidemics of scurvy.

Another interesting thing about the Civil War is that they claimed that the bodies of those 'shot' were buried in graves, which they said it took about 20 minutes to fully bury the body. When in reality it takes a few HOURS to do it with a modern shovel... this was 150 years ago.

The soldiers even in the Civil War story were originally going to be deported from Northern US. The only question was where? The answer is relatively simple, the soldiers would've been deported to Louisiana once the North conquered it. But they never did conquer the then Southern controlled state, and so the soldiers remained in the camps so close to a Yankee movement... but the Southern state of Louisiana DID come to fruition despite the North's failure to deport them. The reason being that the North actually lied about deporting Southerners and actually mass murdered them in the forts, and now all these Southerners without home nor country needed a new place to go.

The problem with that is now the ENTIRE state of Louisiana DEPENDS on people believing in the Civil War for it's very existence. Without it, the support for their state would be severely undermined (and the U.S. gives tons of support for Louisiana). So in order to silence dissent, they made it illegal to question the Civil War. They bribed, or threatened the US I don't know how they did it, to make it illegal. Thank goodness Northerners value their freedoms so much... otherwise I would be in jail right now.

For not only is questioning the Civil War illegal in the South, but denying it ever happened is also illegal. Your thoughts on this?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
14-03-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: Was the Civil War... a lie?
[Image: SkROg.gif]
[Image: 423998_281049771960649_208130842585876_7...0020_n.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
14-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, I mean, if it's a civil war then I want proof that the soldiers on both sides were polite to each other. Otherwise it didn't happen. No politeness, no war. As simple as that.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you for bringing this to light. I never considered this before but it makes sense.

I've often wondered why, when driving through the South, one can see so many flags with the stars and bars flying everywhere. It is a well known fact that throughout History, not a single conquered nation has ever been allowed to continue to fly their colors. It's obvious a war never happened or these flags would be considered sedition and anyone flying one would be shot on sight.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-03-2012, 01:18 PM
The funny thing is that questioning certain things pertaining to the Civil War is one of the next things on my to do list, particularly with why and how the conflict started, and the Union as a whole.

In fact the Civil War was one of the reasons why I listed history that I can't trust as long as 200 years ago, which you seem to have ridiculed a bit. But I don't think the problems started in the Civil War, I think it goes back further, slavery didn't really have much to do with the war it was more of policies among other things. I want to learn what those 'other things' were.
14-03-2012, 01:20 PM
(14-03-2012 01:18 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  slavery didn't really have much to do with the war it was more of policies among other things. I want to learn what those 'other things' were.

Well at least you won't have to waste time coming to a conclusion AFTER you've done all that research!

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-03-2012, 01:22 PM
(14-03-2012 01:18 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  The funny thing is that questioning certain things pertaining to the Civil War is one of the next things on my to do list, particularly with why and how the conflict started, and the Union as a whole.

In fact the Civil War was one of the reasons why I listed history that I can't trust as long as 200 years ago, which you seem to have ridiculed a bit. But I don't think the problems started in the Civil War, I think it goes back further, slavery didn't really have much to do with the war it was more of policies among other things. I want to learn what those 'other things' were.

Nobody says (or should say) the Civil War was just because of slavery. Now please, go away. You hurt my eyes. Every time you speak, a baby develops pneumonia and dies.

Learn to trust the books, because sometimes those PhDs are smarter than you.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
14-03-2012, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 01:28 PM by TheArcticSage.)
(14-03-2012 01:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Well at least you won't have to waste time coming to a conclusion AFTER you've done all that research!

I'm still looking into the events leading up to World War II and a slight time scale after the end of the second World War. So it's not going to be any time soon, research is best not rushed.

(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Learn to trust the books, because sometimes those PhDs are smarter than you.

Shall I start with the Quran? There's reasons why I'm skeptical about history. Don't just believe in things just because it's in a book, or a history book for that matter.

“Instruction in world history in the so-called high schools is even today in a very sorry condition. Few teachers understand that the study of history can never be to learn historical dates and events by heart and recite them by rote; that what matters is not whether the child knows exactly when this battle or that was fought, when a general was born, or even when a monarch (usually a very insignificant one) came into the crown of his forefathers. No, by the living God, this is very unimportant. To 'learn' history means to seek and find the forces which are the causes leading to those effects which we subsequently perceive as historical events.” - A dead person
14-03-2012, 01:27 PM
(14-03-2012 01:24 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Well at least you won't have to waste time coming to a conclusion AFTER you've done all that research!

I'm still looking into the events leading up to World War II and a slight time scale after the end of the second World War. So it's not going to be any time soon, research is best not rushed.

(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Learn to trust the books, because sometimes those PhDs are smarter than you.

Shall I start with the Quran? There's reasons why I'm skeptical about history. Don't just believe in things just because it's in a book, or a history book for that matter.

Was Muhammad an owner of a PhD?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
14-03-2012, 01:31 PM
(14-03-2012 01:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Was Muhammad an owner of a PhD?

Don't know, he wasn't the one who wrote the Quran. The person who did write the Quran was a scholar though, the equivalent to our modern day PhDer's.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A civil defense defender said an atomic explosion will never vaporized a human body Mike 43 1,737 21-09-2013 09:49 AM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Is civil engineering the lowest of the lowest when it comes to engineering? jacksonkulakowski4 15 980 22-06-2013 11:08 AM
Last Post: GirlyMan