Was the Civil War... a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Was the Civil War... a lie?
(14-03-2012 01:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:24 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Well at least you won't have to waste time coming to a conclusion AFTER you've done all that research!

I'm still looking into the events leading up to World War II and a slight time scale after the end of the second World War. So it's not going to be any time soon, research is best not rushed.

(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Learn to trust the books, because sometimes those PhDs are smarter than you.

Shall I start with the Quran? There's reasons why I'm skeptical about history. Don't just believe in things just because it's in a book, or a history book for that matter.

Was Muhammad an owner of a PhD?

I'll play your game, you rogue.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVW8IcoCc513Fokx6K6_D...Ce-UTVKv_n]

This man was a doctor.
[Image: dr-seuss-1-sized.jpg]

Which means this cat who wears a hat is real.
[Image: image.axd?picture=2012%2F1%2Fdrseussuse.jpg]

Checkmate?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-03-2012, 01:33 PM
No, but as with all wars, a lot of lies were and are told about it, by anybody with an axe to grind.
It was a series of ugly, crazy, bloody, atrocious, more or less well documented messes, with a lot of unrecorded kind and heroic deeds, sad stories and lucky escapes, corrupt transaction and personal crimes, in the background.
The worst part is, it never really ended, and may erupt again, like a smouldering vulcano.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
14-03-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 02:26 PM by craniumonempty.)
I wonder what would happen if people started questioning whether slavery existed in the US. If those people started to gain a real foothold to the point a lot people started believing it. Would that affect our laws do you think? I'm not sure, but that might be something to put against denying the holocaust. It's a sensitive subject. There is massive proof of it, but maybe they weren't really slaves and just used the term. Maybe they were really just criminals that let go after sentence (or something), but people started this conspiracy... Yeah, that's a touchy subject though. The problem and sad thing is, that people probably would latch onto that if you created the conspiracy theory and made it convincing enough. Hell, it may already exist, but hasn't gained ground. What if it does? What if it starts giving power to all kinds of hate groups? What do we do? We can't really do much. It's a part of free speech, so we have to find some other way...

Here is a step toward slavery denial in real news.
either way: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23...24157.html

Also, we aren't Germany. I heard they banned Scientology as well.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
14-03-2012, 02:53 PM
(14-03-2012 01:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:24 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Well at least you won't have to waste time coming to a conclusion AFTER you've done all that research!

I'm still looking into the events leading up to World War II and a slight time scale after the end of the second World War. So it's not going to be any time soon, research is best not rushed.

(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Learn to trust the books, because sometimes those PhDs are smarter than you.

Shall I start with the Quran? There's reasons why I'm skeptical about history. Don't just believe in things just because it's in a book, or a history book for that matter.

Was Muhammad an owner of a PhD?

I'll play your game, you rogue.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVW8IcoCc513Fokx6K6_D...Ce-UTVKv_n]

This man was a doctor.
[Image: dr-seuss-1-sized.jpg]

Which means this cat who wears a hat is real.
[Image: image.axd?picture=2012%2F1%2Fdrseussuse.jpg]

Checkmate?

What was Doctor Seuss' PhD in?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
14-03-2012, 06:03 PM
KC, I find interesting that you have doubts of something that (supposedly?) happened 150 years ago but you have no
doubt of something that supposedly happened 2,000 years ago. How is that?

Just curious...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
14-03-2012, 06:55 PM
(14-03-2012 06:03 PM)KVron Wrote:  KC, I find interesting that you have doubts of something that (supposedly?) happened 150 years ago but you have no

Just curious...

He doesn't actually think that the Civil War didn't happen. This thread was made mocking the thread I made about the Holocaust. Despite that he's not the only one to mock me for it, people and their petty emotions confuse the hell out of me, they would rather their emotion control them rather than logic and rationality? Huh
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
14-03-2012, 07:04 PM
oh no!! not again!!! Sad
*runs to cry in a corner*

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
14-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Very crafty of the planners of the Civil War conspiracy to erect monuments in many, many states. And all the artifacts that were so obviously meticulously crafted, wow...what an effort to make people believe there was a war between the states.

Guess I don't have to deal with being called a Yankee any more, I feel much better.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-03-2012, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 07:38 AM by kingschosen.)
(14-03-2012 06:55 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 06:03 PM)KVron Wrote:  KC, I find interesting that you have doubts of something that (supposedly?) happened 150 years ago but you have no

Just curious...

He doesn't actually think that the Civil War didn't happen. This thread was made mocking the thread I made about the Holocaust. Despite that he's not the only one to mock me for it, people and their petty emotions confuse the hell out of me, they would rather their emotion control them rather than logic and rationality? Huh

It's all in good fun, dude.

All in good fun. I get mocked on a daily basis here. Truth be told, I actually find some of my mockings pretty hilarious.

Just curious...

And yeah, this is a joke thread.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-03-2012, 07:53 AM
(15-03-2012 07:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 06:55 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  

Just curious...

It's all in good fun, dude.

All in good fun. I get mocked on a daily basis here. Truth be told, I actually find some of my mockings pretty hilarious.

Just curious...

And yeah, this is a joke thread.

Pretty much the same as his "theology" threads. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post