Was the Holocaust... a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Was the Holocaust... a lie?
People are debating whether the Holocaust happened?

I have this feeling that only non-Europeans (and Nazis) would question that.
Many of us Europeans have relatives or friends or know people with relatives or friends who lived all that. This is so ridiculous.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 04:19 PM
(26-08-2013 03:00 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  People are debating whether the Holocaust happened?

It's the neo-Nazis... all of these guys basically trace back to some stupid white supremacist group or other. No one else has any interest in distorting history to suit their agenda... you find all these fucktards going on learnedly about how so and so discredited historian is actually right and how the gas was used for disinfectant and and and... As if they had suddenly overnight become experts themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-08-2013, 10:22 PM
(26-08-2013 03:00 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  People are debating whether the Holocaust happened?

I have this feeling that only non-Europeans (and Nazis) would question that.
Many of us Europeans have relatives or friends or know people with relatives or friends who lived all that. This is so ridiculous.

We have a few Neo Nazi or White Nationalist douchebage whic sneak on to this forum from time to time and post this stuff. ArcticSage was one of them.

It's been thoroughly debunked.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm a skeptic by heart but...seriously? Dude of course the Holocaust actually happened. Ask soldiers who were over in Europe during WW2, ask Holocaust survivors. It's a touchy and delicate time in not so ancient human history, so obviously the government is going to have issues with people questioning one of the worst cases of genocide ever. This seriously just sounds like neo-Nazi white supremacist BS
[+] 3 users Like AddyCat's post
31-08-2013, 10:31 AM
(26-08-2013 10:32 PM)AddyCat Wrote:  I'm a skeptic by heart but...seriously? Dude of course the Holocaust actually happened. Ask soldiers who were over in Europe during WW2, ask Holocaust survivors. It's a touchy and delicate time in not so ancient human history, so obviously the government is going to have issues with people questioning one of the worst cases of genocide ever. This seriously just sounds like neo-Nazi white supremacist BS

It IS Neo Nazi White Supremacy bullshit.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
31-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Holocaust denial is an extension of the apparatus of hate spread by white supremacist neo-nazis. Its first goal is to attempt to absolve the nazi party of wrongdoing. Its second goal is to cast blame on the jews for fabricating the whole thing. It's little more than propaganda peddling. There is simply no way to deny what happened when facing the evidence honestly, which is why the denialists resort to distortion and outright lies to push their agenda.

[Image: giphy.gif]
31-08-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2013 02:11 PM by Hughsie.)
(31-08-2013 01:24 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Holocaust denial is an extension of the apparatus of hate spread by white supremacist neo-nazis. Its first goal is to attempt to absolve the nazi party of wrongdoing. Its second goal is to cast blame on the jews for fabricating the whole thing. It's little more than propaganda peddling. There is simply no way to deny what happened when facing the evidence honestly, which is why the denialists resort to distortion and outright lies to push their agenda.

Not necessarily. I have no doubts about the holocaust myself but I recognise that not everyone who does is a neo-nazi or white supremacist. Some holocaust deniers are normal people who are conspiracy theory nuts. They are the same type of people who believe the moon landing was faked and George Bush orchestrated 9/11, they simply doubt official accounts of pretty much anything.

On a side note I feel that, as a forum, we are too hostile to holocaust deniers. Firstly, we should ascertain a persons views before labelling them a neo-nazi. Someone who has a hard-on for conspiracy theories and hates racism doesn't deserve that label. If they turn out to be a raving anti-Semite then we can treat them like shit, but we shouldn't assume it from the outset. Secondly, to a person who is undecided on the matter for whatever reason, our response makes holocaust deniers seem more legitimate. It's something that struck me when this thread was first posted. You had one side of the argument arguing calmly and presenting what they felt was evidence. And the other side simply threw insults around, dismissed evidence as false without stating reasons, and claimed they were right without backing it up (and it really pained me to see people I respect and who are on my side of the argument act that way). To a neutral, the holocaust denier looked more legitimate. Furthermore, how the hell can we even fuck this up? Demolishing a holocaust denier in reasoned debate should be the easiest thing on the planet. There's so much evidence to back our view whilst practically none to back theirs. We should engage them in debate because it's practically impossible to lose and that way any neutrals will see their BS for what it is.

On a final note I believe that setting the precedent that something can be deemed "unquestionable" by being socially unacceptable, or straight-up illegal, to question is a very dangerous thing to do. It simply has too much scope for abuse by those in power.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-08-2013, 02:22 PM
(31-08-2013 01:59 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Not necessarily. I have no doubts about the holocaust myself but I recognise that not everyone who does is a neo-nazi or white supremacist. Some holocaust deniers are normal people who are conspiracy theory nuts. They are the same type of people who believe the moon landing was faked and George Bush orchestrated 9/11, they simply doubt official accounts of pretty much anything.

On a side note I feel that, as a forum, we are too hostile to holocaust deniers. Firstly, we should ascertain a persons views before labelling them a neo-nazi. Someone who has a hard-on for conspiracy theories and hates racism doesn't deserve that label. If they turn out to be a raving anti-Semite then we can treat them like shit, but we shouldn't assume it from the outset. Secondly, to a person who is undecided on the matter for whatever reason, our response makes holocaust deniers seem more legitimate. It's something that struck me when this thread was first posted. You had one side of the argument arguing calmly and presenting what they felt was evidence. And the other side simply threw insults around, dismissed evidence as false without stating reasons, and claimed they were right without backing it up (and it really pained me to see people I respect and who are on my side of the argument act that way). To a neutral, the holocaust denier looked more legitimate. Furthermore, how the hell can we even fuck this up? Demolishing a holocaust denier in reasoned debate should be the easiest thing on the planet. There's so much evidence to back our view whilst practically none to back theirs. We should engage them in debate because it's practically impossible to lose and that way any neutrals will see their BS for what it is.

On a final note I believe that setting the precedent that something can be deemed "unquestionable" by being socially unacceptable, or straight-up illegal, to question is a very dangerous thing to do. It simply has too much scope for abuse by those in power.

Someone denying the holocaust is already denying the evidence. Us restating that (thorough, consistent, overwhelming) evidence isn't going to pull them out of their mental septic tank. You can't engage them. The only possible benefit is the edification of other readers, as you note.

There's a difference between a topic being "unquestionable" and a specific attitude being socially unacceptable.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
31-08-2013, 02:30 PM
(31-08-2013 02:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Someone denying the holocaust is already denying the evidence. Us restating that (thorough, consistent, overwhelming) evidence isn't going to pull them out of their mental septic tank. You can't engage them. The only possible benefit is the edification of other readers, as you note.

Actually it can. Read some of TAS early posts, they contain what he considers evidence. While he may have heard evidence for the holocaust he feels his evidence answers it. There's every chance he's never heard the counter-evidence to his specific views because, instead of presenting it to him, people tend to react in the same way most of this forum did and insult him.

(31-08-2013 02:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  There's a difference between a topic being "unquestionable" and a specific attitude being socially unacceptable.

Yep, and here it is the questioning of the holocaust that is deemed socially unacceptable (and illegal in several countries). I agree with anti-Semitic attitudes being treated as unacceptable but not questioning of a historical event. And in this instance the questioning of the event is being treated as being just as unacceptable as the anti-Semitic attitude itself. That is wrong.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Plus anyone spending 5 minutes on wikipedia could find the evidence necessary to refute. It's not necessary to argue with them for the edification of others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Holocaust Myth harrynostrell 67 3,353 31-01-2014 11:04 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Steve Shives - Five Stupid Things About Holocaust Denial Hafnof 2 369 26-07-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: TheDreamMerchant
  (THE) holocaust was made up I and I 83 4,835 01-04-2013 10:17 AM
Last Post: I and I
  Have you ever questioned the information about 9/11 or the holocaust? TheArcticSage 179 10,786 28-06-2012 02:45 AM
Last Post: HDT
  Was Hitler talking about his own propoganda, or those who lied about the holocaust? TheArcticSage 2 612 14-03-2012 12:58 PM
Last Post: lucradis