Was the Holocaust... a lie?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 02:37 PM
RE: Was the Holocaust... a lie?
I've never seen a holocaust denier post out of desire to learn. It's always out of desire to Tell Us the Truth. And those types of guys I have no patience with. It's pointless to argue. It's pleasant and satisfying to insult them though Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-08-2013, 02:45 PM
(31-08-2013 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've never seen a holocaust denier post out of desire to learn. It's always out of desire to Tell Us the Truth. And those types of guys I have no patience with. It's pointless to argue. It's pleasant and satisfying to insult them though Tongue

And how many of us engage theists with a "desire to learn"? From what I see on here most people who engage with theists do so with the desire to tell them why they are wrong.

Guess it's easy to give our own side a free pass on stuff we attack the other side for though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Rolleyes Whatever floats your boat mate.
01-09-2013, 06:18 AM
(09-03-2012 07:39 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  The Holocaust was relatively low on my list of things to eventually inquiry... that was until I found out in the European Union you'll be sent to prison for up to 3 years for merely questioning the holocaust.

Quote:For not only is questioning the holocaust illegal in Europe, but denying it ever happened is also illegal. Your thoughts on this?

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but these statements are simply not true. There is no central European criminal justice court and while some countries have criminalised Holocaust denial, many others haven't.

To get a simple and fundamental detail like this wrong makes for a very bad impression.
03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
(31-08-2013 02:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've never seen a holocaust denier post out of desire to learn. It's always out of desire to Tell Us the Truth. And those types of guys I have no patience with. It's pointless to argue. It's pleasant and satisfying to insult them though Tongue

And how many of us engage theists with a "desire to learn"? From what I see on here most people who engage with theists do so with the desire to tell them why they are wrong.

Guess it's easy to give our own side a free pass on stuff we attack the other side for though.

One could easily look at this both ways. Considering this is a forum about atheism and not theism and the support of theism I don't see why a theist should come here to learn or teach about theism. If atheists are taking that attitude towards theists that truly want to learn more about atheism then that is an issue. I would hope that people would just learn to learn about others regardless of if you are trying to convince them. At the start one should always seek to learn about ones self before discounting others.
03-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Theists who come here and show that they genuinely are struggling with something, ask for an honest opinion and don't come back with some inane prattle about how we're all evil, will get a fair hearing.

The only theists who last long here, though, are trolls. And KC. But he's an anomaly. The reason they're the only ones who last is they're the only ones with motivation. They're Here To Save Us. As such, one gets tired of politely wording every single response, carefully considering what one is going to say, when one knows that the only thing you're gonna get back is more drivel. Over the last few months, my own approach to these kinds of theists has become a lot harsher. But I don't for a moment think it's unjustified.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-09-2013, 02:42 PM
READ THE NEXT SENTENCE 10 TIMES VERY CAREFULLY.

The holocaust is a bullshit racist euro-centric propaganda campaign, not because it's not true, but because it is relatively small and significant compares to other non-white/non european mass murders. To put the killing of 6 million European Jews as the cream of the crop of river of tears of mass deaths is extremely fucking stupid.

20 million Chinese died as a result of Japanese policies in ww2. To even imply that 6 million white european Jews are more significant or more sad is pure racism.
04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
(04-09-2013 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  READ THE NEXT SENTENCE 10 TIMES VERY CAREFULLY.

The holocaust is a bullshit racist euro-centric propaganda campaign, not because it's not true, but because it is relatively small and significant compares to other non-white/non european mass murders. To put the killing of 6 million European Jews as the cream of the crop of river of tears of mass deaths is extremely fucking stupid.

20 million Chinese died as a result of Japanese policies in ww2. To even imply that 6 million white european Jews are more significant or more sad is pure racism.

It was 11-13 million people, about 6 million of whom were Jews.

Who said it's more significant? What is significant is that it was the directed dehumanization, brutalization, and murder of millions of people for a supremacist, racist ideology.

Of course there are many examples of horrendous numbers of deaths by other brutal regimes. Why are your panties in a twist?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 03:54 PM
(04-09-2013 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  READ THE NEXT SENTENCE 10 TIMES VERY CAREFULLY.

It was 11-13 million people, about 6 million of whom were Jews.

Who said it's more significant? What is significant is that it was the directed dehumanization, brutalization, and murder of millions of people for a supremacist, racist ideology.

Of course there are many examples of horrendous numbers of deaths by other brutal regimes. Why are your panties in a twist?

The German attack on the Soviet Union and Japanese imperialist aggression was direct and deliberate as well and resulted in much more death than than suffered by Jewish people.

The propaganda is when one smaller death figure victim group gets the status as THE holocaust. That is the propaganda bullshit. 20 million Chinese dead is just a number while 6 million dead Jews is elevated to the status of "holocaust".
04-09-2013, 03:56 PM
(04-09-2013 03:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was 11-13 million people, about 6 million of whom were Jews.

The German attack on the Soviet Union and Japanese imperialist aggression was direct and deliberate as well and resulted in much more death than than suffered by Jewish people.

The propaganda is when one smaller death figure victim group gets the status as THE holocaust. That is the propaganda bullshit. 20 million Chinese dead is just a number while 6 million dead Jews is elevated to the status of "holocaust".

You are welcome to continue to have your panties in a twist, but the point was genocide, and that is the significance.

The Turks were just as evil for their Armenian Holocaust.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed