Was the Holocaust... a lie?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Was the Holocaust... a lie?
(04-09-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 03:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  The German attack on the Soviet Union and Japanese imperialist aggression was direct and deliberate as well and resulted in much more death than than suffered by Jewish people.

The propaganda is when one smaller death figure victim group gets the status as THE holocaust. That is the propaganda bullshit. 20 million Chinese dead is just a number while 6 million dead Jews is elevated to the status of "holocaust".

You are welcome to continue to have your panties in a twist, but the point was genocide, and that is the significance.

The Turks were just as evil for their Armenian Holocaust.

Turkey is a member of NATO and our friend, don't mention those things.
Find all posts by this user
31-01-2014, 06:04 PM
(09-03-2012 08:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  the only piece of evidence I can count on is the photographies we can see everywhere about this, I think that enough proof for the fact that people were mass murdered, can't know the method or how many were killed, but that is of very little importance, a few thousands is more than enough to call it a genocide. As for this being enough justification for the creation of Israel, well, that's a whole different topic I don't know enough so I'll just let that unanswered Confused

During WW2 thousands of people were dying in Europe everyday. The photo's shown in most "Documentaries" or textbooks are just "Generic" pictures of dead bodies.
31-01-2014, 06:21 PM
(31-01-2014 06:04 PM)rick1725 Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 08:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  the only piece of evidence I can count on is the photographies we can see everywhere about this, I think that enough proof for the fact that people were mass murdered, can't know the method or how many were killed, but that is of very little importance, a few thousands is more than enough to call it a genocide. As for this being enough justification for the creation of Israel, well, that's a whole different topic I don't know enough so I'll just let that unanswered Confused

During WW2 thousands of people were dying in Europe everyday. The photo's shown in most "Documentaries" or textbooks are just "Generic" pictures of dead bodies.

FFS.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2014, 06:25 PM
One the one hand this thread is incredibly stupid.

But on the other, the drive-by trolls who stumble across it are incredibly amusing.

... this is my signature!
31-01-2014, 06:25 PM
How many of these shit threads exist?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
31-01-2014, 06:30 PM
(31-01-2014 06:25 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  How many of these shit threads exist?

Every I and I thread.

If you mean specifically holocaust-related, perhaps 2 or 3.

Unrelated: I was reading an old short story the other day (old being 1939 as it happens) which made use of the word 'holocaust' to refer to a great destruction; common enough, being sans baggage at the time, but of course a little odd in a modern context, what with 70 years of cultural background laid by the Holocaust and the countless later uses following the word 'nuclear'...

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
31-01-2014, 06:35 PM
(31-01-2014 06:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Every I and I thread.

If you mean specifically holocaust-related, perhaps 2 or 3.

Unrelated: I was reading an old short story the other day (old being 1939 as it happens) which made use of the word 'holocaust' to refer to a great destruction; common enough, being sans baggage at the time, but of course a little odd in a modern context, what with 70 years of cultural background laid by the Holocaust and the countless later uses following the word 'nuclear'...

The Jews call it shoa (as you may know)

And the Roma call it Porajmos (as you probably didnt know)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porajmos

But of course this leaves out verious ethnicities that dont have a term for this historic event.

Specificaly the Poles and Russians

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
31-01-2014, 06:44 PM
(31-01-2014 06:35 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The Jews call it shoa (as you may know)

In reference to Jewish victims in particular, generally, which is not really what one is looking for in most contexts.

(31-01-2014 06:35 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  And the Roma call it Porajmos (as you probably didnt know)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porajmos

Indeed, haven't heard that one before.

(31-01-2014 06:35 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  But of course this leaves out verious ethnicities that dont have a term for this historic event.

Specificaly the Poles and Russians

Well, yeah, "specifically". I think making a proper noun of Holocaust is at least serviceable as a way of referring to the deliberate casualties of the Nazi regime in general; s'not ideal, but it's too late to change in any case. Wink

Really, depressingly enough, if the question is "why didn't the Nazis kill more X people" then the answer is probably "there weren't any more X people to kill". They went out of their way to kill all the French African tirailleurs they captured, after all, but it's absurd to need a word for "just" the Senegalese victims

31-01-2014, 06:44 PM
(31-01-2014 06:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Unrelated: I was reading an old short story the other day (old being 1939 as it happens) which made use of the word 'holocaust' to refer to a great destruction; common enough, being sans baggage at the time, but of course a little odd in a modern context, what with 70 years of cultural background laid by the Holocaust and the countless later uses following the word 'nuclear'...

I wouldn't feel it's that odd. We use the equivalent word ("holocaust" actually comes from a Greek word too) very often to refer to a huge destruction in general, even in everyday situations.

Maybe that baggage depends on the place/culture too?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(31-01-2014 06:44 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I wouldn't feel it's that odd. We use the equivalent word ("holocaust" actually comes from a Greek word too) very often to refer to a huge destruction in general, even in everyday situations.

Maybe that baggage depends on the place/culture too?

Ah, okay. I mean, I knew it was a Greek word, so it's not surprising that it's used in, y'know, Greek.
Tongue

In Anglophone countries it used to be used generally, but ever since WWII it's basically only used two ways: the Holocaust, or nuclear holocaust. Hence my comment...

Thread Closed