Was this ignorant of my grandmother to say this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Was this ignorant of my grandmother to say this?
Yes she is ignorant. Just walk away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-04-2016, 04:22 PM
You got one (maybe two) grans.
Humor them, get along with them.

Or you'll wish you had.

You're not a baby.
Some things you may want to keep to yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2016, 05:07 PM
(29-04-2016 09:39 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  Me: Well grandma there's something I have to tell you.
Grandma: What's that?
Me: I'm an atheist.
Grandma: You know how I know you're not an atheist?
Me: How?
Grandma: Because you're not in prison right now.

I tried to quote her the evil quotes in the bible, like Numbers 31:17-18, but she ignored me and said I was delusional. I am now grounded and secretly writing this in my room.

Later tonight sneak out and dig up a 3' by 6' rectangular plot in the backyard. You only need to go down a few inches since they won't be checking carefully to see that it isn't actually a shallow grave. If they ask you why just reply with a vague "It's atheist stuff."

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
03-05-2016, 04:19 PM
She's old. When that much time has been invested in a bad idea. Even if they realize they're wrong they will refuse to accept it, being so close to death.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
03-05-2016, 04:31 PM
(29-04-2016 04:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You got one (maybe two) grans.
Humor them, get along with them.

Or you'll wish you had.

You're not a baby.
Some things you may want to keep to yourself.

This is true. I talked to my grandmother about religion a few times, and got nowhere (big surprise). I gave up and didn't talk about it anymore. By that age people are pretty well entrenched in their beliefs and it's pointless to try to change them. Enjoy 'em while you can.