Waste of money

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-12-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: Waste of money
IOKIYAR, apparently. Dodgy

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 10:20 PM
I read somewhere not too long ago about how much is spent on the inaugural proceedings. I might be wrong here but I'm not going to look it up, that something like 53 million dollars was spent for Obama's inauguration.

Million

Dollars .

On a ceremony that could be held in a high school gym and televised.

How much random good could be done with that kind of money instead of wasted on this kind of needless and forgettable pomp? It blows my mind.

The article that I was reading was talking about how Trump intended to be even more outlandish with his inaugural spending. Makes sense, I mean it is Trump after all.

Gonna get hard to work on fixing our country by having the most extravagant bullshit ceremony to celebrate his victory.

It was wrong that Obama did it, and it's just as wrong that Trump will. Just not unexpected for a man like him.

This is why we can't have nice things. (well, you and me that is)

God save the king.

Edit: Okay I looked it up and I was way fucking wrong. Try 160 million. Fucking Christ.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-12-2016, 10:57 PM
(20-12-2016 10:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I read somewhere not too long ago about how much is spent on the inaugural proceedings. I might be wrong here but I'm not going to look it up, that something like 53 million dollars was spent for Obama's inauguration.

Million

Dollars .

How much random good could be done with that kind of money instead of wasted on this kind of needless and forgettable pomp? It blows my mind.

The article that I was reading was talking about how Trump intended to be even more outlandish with his inaugural spending. Makes sense, I mean it is Trump after all.

Gonna get hard to work on fixing our country by having the most extravagant bullshit ceremony to celebrate his victory.

It was wrong that Obama did it, and it's just as wrong that Trump will. Just not unexpected for a man like him.

God save the king.

Edit: Okay I looked it up and I was way fucking wrong. Try 160 million. Fucking Christ.

160 million for an inauguration ceremony?

Fuck that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-12-2016, 11:05 PM
(20-12-2016 10:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  160 million for an inauguration ceremony?

Fuck that.

Facepalm Make America broke again!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2016, 11:31 PM
(20-12-2016 10:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 10:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I read somewhere not too long ago about how much is spent on the inaugural proceedings. I might be wrong here but I'm not going to look it up, that something like 53 million dollars was spent for Obama's inauguration.

Million

Dollars .

God save the king.

160 million for an inauguration ceremony?

Fuck that.

Well, ya boy with the silver spoon in his ass what gonna save the nation is bent on doing better than that.

Yay for your savior. Ignorant motherfucker.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post