Wasteland 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:50 AM by Filox.)
Wasteland 2
Now THIS is how you do it!!

After the bad Bathesda managed to push Interplay out of Fallout MMORPG rights, some of the Interplay people decided to go in a new direction. They have secured the rights to the sequel to Wasteland, a game from 1988 that was responsible for the first Fallout. Since they didn't have money for the development of the game and the publishers refused to fund them, they decided to start a so-called Kickstarter. They have explained that Brian Fargo (founder of Interplay), Jason Anderson (co-creator of Fallout 1) and Mark Morgan (Fallout composer) will be making this game and that they need 900k $ (900000). In a matter of days, if not hours they had all that money on their account. At this moment they have collected over 2 million dollars, 3 almost and are already on their marry way of making new Interplay Wasteland.

Hell Fucking Yeah, Bitches!

"Wasteland 2 will be a DRM-free PC title."

http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_2

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

You see? This is how you make the Best games! Not like Bethesda, so you end up with good, or great games, The Best Games!

Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing

I hope all other games DIE after this comes out...

Specially the fuckers that stole the Fallout MMORPG rights from Interplay.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
RE: Wasteland 2
Your information is sort of wrong. Most of the interplay team that made Fallout 1 and 2 moved to Obsidian including the lead writer. There really wasn't much of the original team save 1 or 2 guys working on the fallout mmo.

And from what the deal that interplay and Bethesda made was that the mmo had to pass certain standards at certain dates and it was barely passing by so it had to be shut down. I personally think it is for the better.
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
All I know is that Interplay made all the best games ever, in the history of forever. And now they are making a new game, that was responsible for the best games they did. If Interplay hadn't bankrupt, they would have been able to make a Fallout MMO much easier, better and faster, so Bethesda wouldn't be able to take the rights away from them. But the lack of money makes wonders...

I am only sorry nobody ever finished the original Fallout 3, known as Van Burens Fallout. Such a shame, such a shame...

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Well once again, from the information taht was coming out, the fallout mmo was looking like crap so that's why it was shut down.

Also there is a demo for van buren. It is exactly the same thing/story as Fallout New Vegas which is made by Obsidion which suprise suprise, contains most of the team that worked on fallout 1-2 and burren.

Wasteland two I have much hope for. Wasteland two I feel will be the equivalent to a game released from valve because they are self published therfore they have no corporates breathing down their necks to release a half assed game. (Btw how valve works is they buy teams that show potential or have shown potential and they give them no deadline and just release the game when they feel like which is why all valve games are awesome)
08-06-2012, 04:22 AM
I know there is a demo of Van Buren, but it is pretty unfinished and it can not be played as such. As for the crappy looks, that doesn't bother me, I like the old school 2D graphics, brings back memories.

About the New Vegas, I wasn't even aware that Obsidian worked on it, I thought it was the same team that did Fallout 3... Imagine that. My bad.

But I don't get who is going to be working on Fallout MMO now, Bethesda, Obsidian, together, third party? I know Bethesda has the rights, but is Obsidian going to make it for Bethesda or what? Do we even know any of it?

P.S:

Finally a true Fallout fan in here...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-06-2012, 05:13 AM
This brought tears to my eyes...

Quote:Wasteland 2 will be a turn-based and party-based role-playing game with tactical combat and an isometric view. The player's party will feature seven characters, split up into four player characters and three non-player characters, the latter similar in most respects to player characters except that the player will not have full control over them.
This means they are going back to the original TURN BASED type of game, finally and praise the Lord-a. Isometric view... Hell yeah.

Quote: Director(s): Brian Fargo
This is the most beautiful thing one can write about a game...

Also, Obsidian Entertainment is going to co-produce the game with a few other original Fallout members, so we are going to have almost a full Fallout crew on this game.

It is going to be for Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux, no consoles. Not for now, at least.

Quote: On the day of the nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union, a company of U.S. Army Engineers were in the desolate south-western desert constructing bridges in an area with a number of small survivalist communities and a newly-constructed federal death row prison with light industrial facilities. The soldiers sought shelter in the prison, expelled the inmates and invited nearby survivalists to join them shortly thereafter. Years later, together they formed "the Desert Rangers, in the great tradition of the Texas and Arizona Rangers", to help other survivors in the desert and beyond it.

-Hunter S. Thompson