Watch Dogs anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Watch Dogs anyone?
Anyone playing Watch Dogs? I just got myself a copy last Friday. Having played GTA V before...Watch Dogs doesn't really compare. I like savouring my gaming experience. I'm not the type of player that rushes doing the main campaign missions. I take the time to appreciate what the developers have taken the time to do.

I'm still on Act I and just passed the mission called "Not The Pizza Guy". It goes without saying: NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!! Anyway it was during this mission that I figured out that there's actually a game play difficulty setting. This kinda pissed me off because it wasn't obvious right from the beginning. GTA games don't have a difficulty setting and since this game has been billed as a competitor, I thought that the default setting was the only setting. I prefer to play most games on the hardest level of difficulty. I love the sense of achievement knowing I did something difficult.

I think too much can be done right at the beginning stages of the game. I've almost found all audio logs for example. I just need one more. I don't don't want to get to the end of the main campaign and have nothing else to do.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2014, 08:53 AM
RE: Watch Dogs anyone?
How many audio logs did you find?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
27-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I couldn't get into it.

The graphics were so badly downgraded on the 360 it looked like a game 5 or 6 years old.

The gameplay just didn't inspire me. And the friggin' driving controls...!

I sent it back after a few days. Couldn't afford throwing 40 quid away on a game I wasn't enjoying.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
27-08-2014, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 11:21 AM by BlackMason.)
(27-08-2014 08:53 AM)One Above All Wrote:  How many audio logs did you find?

I've found nine. It says there are only ten in the stats notification that pops up when you do something. I'm also half way through the "crime detected" mini missions. There are only 20. What the hell! I like doing the whole pre-crime thing. Its's cool. I feel like I'm in Minority Report.

Compared to GTA V, there's tons to do even after the main campaign.

(27-08-2014 11:12 AM)Sam Wrote:  I couldn't get into it.

The graphics were so badly downgraded on the 360 it looked like a game 5 or 6 years old.

I sent it back after a few days. Couldn't afford throwing 40 quid away on a game I wasn't enjoying.

Can't say I've got an issue with graphics on my PS3. The driving controls are bad and they're highlighted if you're used to GTA V driving. But they aren't THAT bad. You kinda get used to them after playing for a while. I'm just glad the physics aren't like GTA IV. I couldn't play that game after GTA V.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
27-08-2014, 11:40 AM
(27-08-2014 11:13 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 08:53 AM)One Above All Wrote:  How many audio logs did you find?

I've found nine. It says there are only ten in the stats notification that pops up when you do something. I'm also half way through the "crime detected" mini missions. There are only 20. What the hell! I like doing the whole pre-crime thing. Its's cool. I feel like I'm in Minority Report.

Compared to GTA V, there's tons to do even after the main campaign.

(27-08-2014 11:12 AM)Sam Wrote:  I couldn't get into it.

Can't say I've got an issue with graphics on my PS3. The driving controls are bad and they're highlighted if you're used to GTA V driving. But they aren't THAT bad. You kinda get used to them after playing for a while. I'm just glad the physics aren't like GTA IV. I couldn't play that game after GTA V.

I had a go on GTA IV last week, a whole year since I last played it... It's strange. Cars just slide around like they're on ice.

I think I've just been spoiled by really epic open world games... Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, GTA V etc.

With Watchdogs I just didn't feel any incentive to go off and explore the world at all...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2014, 01:06 PM
(27-08-2014 11:13 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  I've found nine. It says there are only ten in the stats notification that pops up when you do something. I'm also half way through the "crime detected" mini missions. There are only 20.

Wrong and wrong. There are only 10 and 20 that you need to find before unlocking something. There are 10 audio logs in one category alone, and the crimes never, ever stop. Trust me on that. I've done my share of crime-fighting (think "stopping everything I'm doing to catch a criminal in the hopes that the alerts will stop"), and I've collected many audio logs. Can't recall how many, but I've completed over half a dozen categories for audio logs.
(Spoilers below are for the number of audio logs)
There are 101 audio logs in total, according to Gamerfuzion.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
27-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Played it on PS4... For about 45 mins. Then I sold it.

After playing GTA:V, the Watch Dogs driving was terrible. The city seemed somehow phony and lifeless, and I just wasn't diggin the rigid feel.
27-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I got watch dogs on PS4
Takes a while to get into but think it is a fantastic game but not the best.
AI could be much better (a little too predictable).
Graphics on PS4 are brilliant.
Driving is good - but after playing need for speed and then going back to Watch dogs the driving felt pathetic. But then need for speed is a driving game !
Need for speed does get boring because it lacks the open world style of GTA, watch dogs or Sleeping dogs.

Sleeping dogs in some ways is better than GTA & Watch dogs because the fighting is better.

As for gameplay - the problem is we are somewhat spoiled by the range of games available. I just remember when I got FarCry3 just playing for days and literally loving it - probably one of the best games of the open world type.

Cannot wait for FarCry4 !

What is required is a game that takes the driving from Need for speed, fighting from Watch dogs, atmosphere from The last of US, openness of GTA or SkyRim, some of the tech ideas from Watch dogs and gameplay from FarCry - combine the best all together.
Find SkyRim too open if there is such a thing - either you have no life and just play games or not motivated to spend so long.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
28-08-2014, 12:23 AM
(27-08-2014 04:01 PM)Baruch Wrote:  What is required is a game that takes the driving from Need for speed, fighting from Watch dogs, atmosphere from The last of US, openness of GTA or SkyRim, some of the tech ideas from Watch dogs and gameplay from FarCry - combine the best all together.

Sounds like a $1000 game.

(27-08-2014 01:06 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Wrong and wrong. There are only 10 and 20 that you need to find before unlocking something. There are 10 audio logs in one category alone, and the crimes never, ever stop. Trust me on that. I've done my share of crime-fighting (think "stopping everything I'm doing to catch a criminal in the hopes that the alerts will stop"), and I've collected many audio logs. Can't recall how many, but I've completed over half a dozen categories for audio logs.

This is some very welcomed news!

28-08-2014, 01:49 AM
(28-08-2014 12:23 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  [quote='Baruch' pid='634855' dateline='1409176897']
What is required is a game that takes the driving from Need for speed, fighting from Watch dogs, atmosphere from The last of US, openness of GTA or SkyRim, some of the tech ideas from Watch dogs and gameplay from FarCry - combine the best all together.

Sounds like a $1000 game.

In a decade it will be just an ordinary game - wait for some PS-5

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]