Watch evolution and adaptation happening before your very eyes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Watch evolution and adaptation happening before your very eyes!
From The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe:

Leave boxcar2d.com open in your browser for a while and watch randomly generated clunky objects mutate into more and more fit vehicles through unguided natural selection in just a few dozen generations. Click on "Choose Terrain" and see what evolves under different environments and fitness tests. Watch undeniable evolution and adaptation happening before your very eyes!

http://boxcar2d.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
12-12-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: Watch evolution and adaptation happening before your very eyes!
Evolutionary algorithms, cool but ain't nothin new.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2014, 08:16 AM
(12-12-2014 05:04 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Evolutionary algorithms, cool but ain't nothin new.

Whatev bro. Don’t be such a

[Image: debbie-downer.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I saw it succeed once

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
That awkward moment when evolution repeats the exact same designs in the exact same conditions... and it somehow works the second time. Gasp

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-12-2014, 12:26 PM
There's another fish somewhere that has evolved in the last 20 or 30 years to either walk or had developed the ability to breath, I can't remember which and I can't remember where I read it or saw the information.

Here's a fish that's walking but I don't know if it's been documented as to when this function began in this fish.

There is also a lizard that has evolved on some island near Croatia in the last 40 years which scientists have observed. This is unequivocally observed evolution.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ution.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-12-2014, 12:35 PM
(12-12-2014 12:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's another fish somewhere that has evolved in the last 20 or 30 years to either walk or had developed the ability to breath, I can't remember which and I can't remember where I read it or saw the information.

Here's a fish that's walking but I don't know if it's been documented as to when this function began in this fish.

There is also a lizard that has evolved on some island near Croatia in the last 40 years which scientists have observed. This is unequivocally observed evolution.

Loved the fish vid! We have frogfish and batfish that are very similar to these guys but I had never seen that particular species before. Thumbsup

12-12-2014, 03:15 PM
(12-12-2014 12:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's another fish somewhere that has evolved in the last 20 or 30 years to either walk or had developed the ability to breath, I can't remember which and I can't remember where I read it or saw the information.

But are they really fish? Or is it Photoshopped? How many witnesses are there that those are fish? Three? Twelve? I'm only 70% sure those are really fish, they could be intelligent beings who randomly fly unknown aircraft.
[+] 1 user Likes Machias's post