Watch out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Watch out!
.....for my Shakespeare Insults in my signature. I started out with Shakespeare Insult # 13 but will be changing them about once a month. There are about 20 or so Shakespeare Insults and they're all gems.

THe # 13 one below is an apt description of god if he/she/it existed.

Why did you chose your signature as your signature? (if you have one)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-07-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Watch out!
(08-07-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  .....for my Shakespeare Insults in my signature. I started out with Shakespeare Insult # 13 but will be changing them about once a month. There are about 20 or so Shakespeare Insults and they're all gems.

Do you read Shakespeare? I went through a huge Shakespeare phase while in my twenties. I could quote his work effortlessly. Have not read him in many years now but still enjoy the old BBC plays that were made in the late 70's and early 80's.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-07-2015, 01:32 PM
I change signatures from time to time. If I see a quote that I like I'll grab it and use it here. My current one I don't know who said it, but I liked it.
08-07-2015, 02:23 PM
(08-07-2015 10:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  .....for my Shakespeare Insults in my signature. I started out with Shakespeare Insult # 13 but will be changing them about once a month. There are about 20 or so Shakespeare Insults and they're all gems.

Do you read Shakespeare? I went through a huge Shakespeare phase while in my twenties. I could quote his work effortlessly. Have not read him in many years now but still enjoy the old BBC plays that were made in the late 70's and early 80's.

My husband teaches Shakespeare. He's also an actor and often directs Shakespeare so I'm surrounded by the Bard all the time. I was trained as a costume designer and costumers don't go very far without running into a Shakespearian play here and there. My husband and I actually met during a production of MacBeth. I was taking his measurements for costume construction and got carried away with the measuring tape. ( It was love at first sight)...almost to the point of measuring his fingernail length.

So I've grown to love Shakespeare. When I was in my 20's I couldn't understand what the hell all the fuss was about. As I've gotten older much of it makes more sense. His plays are full of universal human conditions from kings to peasants. I'm one of the peasants. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 05:12 AM
There's been enough drama on this forum over the past few days without adding the Shakespearian variety into the mix thank-you-very-much! Big Grin Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
09-07-2015, 05:23 AM
(08-07-2015 02:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband teaches Shakespeare. He's also an actor and often directs Shakespeare so I'm surrounded by the Bard all the time. I was trained as a costume designer and costumers don't go very far without running into a Shakespearian play here and there. My husband and I actually met during a production of MacBeth. I was taking his measurements for costume construction and got carried away with the measuring tape. ( It was love at first sight)...almost to the point of measuring his fingernail length.

So I've grown to love Shakespeare. When I was in my 20's I couldn't understand what the hell all the fuss was about. As I've gotten older much of it makes more sense. His plays are full of universal human conditions from kings to peasants. I'm one of the peasants. Tongue

Really? We'd get along great. You'd also like my brother who produces hundreds of plays.

I was in a movie back in the 80's. I played a drummer in a nightclub. But it was while I was touring and really really busy. I forgot to ask the name of the film. To this day, whenever I see an Aussie film made around 87 or 88 I am always on the lookout for a drummer in a bar. Big Grin

My manager at the time and I later had a falling out over the money he ripped off from me. So I never did get to ask him.

For all I know I ended up on the editing room floor. I simply don't know. Blush

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post