Watch this trailer if you dare!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Watch this trailer if you dare!
Would you go to see a movie about a black man who loves fried chicken and watermelon, and who's only ambition is to sit around waiting for the next welfare check? Or a flick about a flamboyantly gay antique store owner who molests young boys in his spare time? Would you shell out your hard earned bucks to see a movie about a woman who's chief talents are cooking, sewing, and making babies? Well, fortunately, no one would have the audacity to make such movies in this day and age.

But believe it or not, there's actually an upcoming movie about an evil atheist professor who suppresses free expression in his class and threatens to flunk his students unless they renounce God. I swear this isn't The Onion - it's a real trailer for a real piece of soon-to-be-released excrement.

The idiocy of this movie was all the more apparent to me because I watched it shortly after listening to Seth's excellent 11-13 podcast. The stereotypical angry, God-hating atheist of the movie is in stark contrast to the podcast's stories of real life atheists who can't come out of the closet for fear of wrecking their families or careers.

http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Watch this trailer if you dare!
Yeah, I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and thought it was a parody movie. I thought it was a comedy making fun of Theist views of Atheist. But as the trailer ran down I realized...wait a second...this seems to be taking itself seriously. I still didn't buy it, because it was obviously too over the top and was mentally trying out to figure out what was really going on here. Once it finished I realized...oh, they were serious with that. That was clearly written from the point of view of what a non-atheist thinks, atheist think.

Odd...

15-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Ha - yuk. Tongue

Hmm... Consider it seems Dean Cain's other new film slated for release next year is called Defending Santa. I wonder if it's subtitled Everyone Needs a Starter God. ?
Oh well, atheist bashing happens. I'm sorry for the gullible. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Ah! so that's what vomit tastes like !.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".