Watchdogs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Watchdogs
(29-05-2014 09:46 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 09:44 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The graphics are good, though could use another texture pack.
The driving is very similar to GTA, but the camera doesn't auto center so you have to manually adjust. I thought I liked it at first, but it's more annoying than helpful. Then when looking through the drivers seat you can't turn your head. Gay.
Are you using gay as a pejorative or is your neck homosexual? (Or are you happy?)

Why not both (or all three)?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 10:07 AM
(29-05-2014 09:44 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 08:58 AM)Sam Wrote:  Don't know what its like on next-gen, but I'd expect better than this for the 360.

Who the hell designed these driving controls?

The graphics are good, though could use another texture pack.
The driving is very similar to GTA, but the camera doesn't auto center so you have to manually adjust. I thought I liked it at first, but it's more annoying than helpful. Then when looking through the drivers seat you can't turn your head. Gay.

If you're using a next-gen console maybe...

This is not what I'd expect of the 360 or Ubisoft...

Pick any Ubisoft title on the 360 from the past two or three years, and the graphics beat the shit out of this.

I just looked at a car wheel, it took 40 seconds to morph from a hexagon into an octagon. The trees look pathetic, wobbling like they're made of rubber... I'd expect that of a PS2 game, or an older 360 game, but not a 2014 release.

And I spent £40 on this game...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 10:34 AM
(29-05-2014 10:07 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 09:44 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The graphics are good, though could use another texture pack.

If you're using a next-gen console maybe...

Pick any Ubisoft title on the 360 from the past two or three years, and the graphics beat the shit out of this.

I just looked at a car wheel, it took 40 seconds to morph from a hexagon into an octagon. The trees look pathetic, wobbling like they're made of rubber... I'd expect that of a PS2 game, or an older 360 game, but not a 2014 release.

I don't know how it looks on the 360, but on the One there's no such issues. You have to remember that the game you're playing is a port, they probably had to sacrifice graphics for playability (like battlefield 4, but they made a downloadable texture pack).

Atir aissom atir imon
29-05-2014, 11:21 AM
(29-05-2014 10:34 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 10:07 AM)Sam Wrote:  If you're using a next-gen console maybe...

I don't know how it looks on the 360, but on the One there's no such issues. You have to remember that the game you're playing is a port, they probably had to sacrifice graphics for playability (like battlefield 4, but they made a downloadable texture pack).

An HD texture pack would go a long way to sorting it...

I'll see how the campaign pans out... I can tolerate crap visuals if there's good substance to the game.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
29-05-2014, 02:27 PM
(29-05-2014 08:58 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 07:32 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Can't you just hook up another terrabyte of storage?

Not with the old type of 360, or at least not with this one.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the graphics so far. AC2 looks a lot better. Blocky, rough edges, and a very low draw distance.

Don't know what its like on next-gen, but I'd expect better than this for the 360.

That's disappointing to hear. I'm getting it on 360 too.

I had a lot of friends joke about the driving controls, and a facebook page I follow posted this that made me laugh:

"Watch Dogs is so cool.
I love background textures overlapping the main character, shadows with a need to shake it, and cars that control like they're on an oil slick."
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
29-05-2014, 02:53 PM
(29-05-2014 02:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 08:58 AM)Sam Wrote:  Not with the old type of 360, or at least not with this one.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the graphics so far. AC2 looks a lot better. Blocky, rough edges, and a very low draw distance.

Don't know what its like on next-gen, but I'd expect better than this for the 360.

That's disappointing to hear. I'm getting it on 360 too.

I had a lot of friends joke about the driving controls, and a facebook page I follow posted this that made me laugh:

"Watch Dogs is so cool.
I love background textures overlapping the main character, shadows with a need to shake it, and cars that control like they're on an oil slick."

I think the main problem is everything just looks really bland, the rough edges are no big deal. But the majority of buildings look very flat, like they were on older games, just a box with 2D pictures on the sides for detail. Not what I'd expect from the company that made Assassin's Creed.

The driving feels similar to Sleeping Dogs and LA Noire... There's no sensation of weight to the vehicles, so you're constantly weaving all over the road and overcompensating.

I have to say I'm not getting much of a thrill out of it so far...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
29-05-2014, 03:12 PM
(29-05-2014 02:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  That's disappointing to hear. I'm getting it on 360 too.

"Watch Dogs is so cool.

I think the main problem is everything just looks really bland, the rough edges are no big deal. But the majority of buildings look very flat, like they were on older games, just a box with 2D pictures on the sides for detail. Not what I'd expect from the company that made Assassin's Creed.

The driving feels similar to Sleeping Dogs and LA Noire... There's no sensation of weight to the vehicles, so you're constantly weaving all over the road and overcompensating.

That's disappointing. Is it even worth the buy?
29-05-2014, 03:15 PM
(29-05-2014 03:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  I think the main problem is everything just looks really bland, the rough edges are no big deal. But the majority of buildings look very flat, like they were on older games, just a box with 2D pictures on the sides for detail. Not what I'd expect from the company that made Assassin's Creed.

I have to be honest... I am thinking of returning it. I start playing, and get bored within half an hour.

But that's just me...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
29-05-2014, 04:54 PM
(29-05-2014 03:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  I think the main problem is everything just looks really bland, the rough edges are no big deal. But the majority of buildings look very flat, like they were on older games, just a box with 2D pictures on the sides for detail. Not what I'd expect from the company that made Assassin's Creed.

Get it on next gen. The driving is almost identical to GTA, with exception of the camera angles. So if you can drive in GTA you'll be fine.

If you guys want I can upload a video from my One? What do you guys want to see?

Atir aissom atir imon
29-05-2014, 04:58 PM
(29-05-2014 04:54 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 03:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  That's disappointing. Is it even worth the buy?

Get it on next gen. The driving is almost identical to GTA, with exception of the camera angles. So if you can drive in GTA you'll be fine.

If you guys want I can upload a video from my One? What do you guys want to see?

Do it!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube