Poll: Tick the following that coincide with your opinion.
I prefer analog... ( / )
I prefer digital... (4:20)
I like leather straps...
I like metal straps...
Who wears a watch? Not me
[Show Results]

Watches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Watches
So I finally bought a watch (I've had watches before, but this is the first one I bought for myself that I intend on using as opposed to one you get and throw in your closet on your birthday). I already love it, so much more convenient to look at my wrist than pulling my phone out of my pocket. I looked around at a couple stores, ended up buying this one at Walmart. Yes it is cheap, I wanted to get a cheap one first, but I made sure I found one I liked.

I might buy an expensive one down in Las Vegas for my birthday if we end up going. Or maybe that would be a bad idea, would I get a shitty deal down there?

I'm not big on watches with metal link straps, they all seem so uncomfortable. Perhaps if it was a perfect fit a metal one might not be so bad, but for now I bought one with leather straps. I was mostly looking at dark watches, this one stood out as being rather bold, and I especially like the jagged edge bubble letters Tongue

I also had the choice between digital or analog.. But I've yet to find a digital wristwatch I like.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Watches
(20-04-2013 01:25 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  So I finally bought a watch (I've had watches before, but this is the first one I bought for myself that I intend on using as opposed to one you get and throw in your closet on your birthday). I already love it, so much more convenient to look at my wrist than pulling my phone out of my pocket. I looked around at a couple stores, ended up buying this one at Walmart. Yes it is cheap, I wanted to get a cheap one first, but I made sure I found one I liked.

I might buy an expensive one down in Las Vegas for my birthday if we end up going. Or maybe that would be a bad idea, would I get a shitty deal down there?

I'm not big on watches with metal link straps, they all seem so uncomfortable. Perhaps if it was a perfect fit a metal one might not be so bad, but for now I bought one with leather straps. I was mostly looking at dark watches, this one stood out as being rather bold, and I especially like the jagged edge bubble letters Tongue

I also had the choice between digital or analog.. But I've yet to find a digital wristwatch I like.

Naw don't go to vegas to buy a watch. All ripoffs and over priced. Best deals you can get are second hand (think pawn shop of thrift store) and remember a good watch can last for years.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I stopped wearing watches when I got out of the army because I was tired of living my life by it. Of course, now it has been replaced by the time on my cell phone. I used to have an awesome digital watch that counted the time in Chinese numbers. I'm sure it's in a box somewhere.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
20-04-2013, 01:33 PM
(20-04-2013 01:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Naw don't go to vegas to buy a watch. All ripoffs and over priced. Best deals you can get are second hand (think pawn shop of thrift store) and remember a good watch can last for years.

Well I won't be going there exclusively for a watch, but yeah maybe I won't buy one there. We shall see. I'm not fond of the idea of buying a used watch to be honest.

Edit: By the way the POLL allows multiple choices.

20-04-2013, 01:34 PM
My gramps gave me his watch. I wear it sometimes.
My dad has my great-gramps' pocket watch. I REALLY like that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Watches are gay. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-04-2013, 01:40 PM
(20-04-2013 01:33 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 01:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Naw don't go to vegas to buy a watch. All ripoffs and over priced. Best deals you can get are second hand (think pawn shop of thrift store) and remember a good watch can last for years.

Well I won't be going there exclusively for a watch, but yeah maybe I won't buy one there. We shall see. I'm not fond of the idea of buying a used watch to be honest.

Edit: By the way the POLL allows multiple choices.

It's like a car. First buyer eats all the mark-up and by the time you get it you know it works.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-04-2013, 01:44 PM
(20-04-2013 01:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My gramps gave me his watch. I wear it sometimes.
My dad has my great-gramps' pocket watch. I REALLY like that.

I think I had a pocket watch at some point in the past. They can be just as much of a hassle as taking the phone out of the pocket to check the time. Although some of them are very nice, I will probably buy another at some point.

(20-04-2013 01:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's like a car. First buyer eats all the mark-up and by the time you get it you know it works.

Meh, what if I like that new car smell?

(20-04-2013 01:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Watches are gay. Angel

Watches have sexual preferences?! Shocking

20-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Analog rules!

You didn't give an option for synthetic/nylon straps. NATO straps are the most comfortable and practical for me. I feel that a watch should be functional and practical without breaking the bank. The Seiko 007 with a NATO strap fits the bill for me. Mechanical, automatic movement, 21 jewels. A classic! The poor-man's Rolex Submariner.

not my pic
[Image: SKX007j-Nato_MED.jpg]

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
20-04-2013, 01:58 PM
(20-04-2013 01:44 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Watches have sexual preferences?! Shocking

[Image: pulpfiction00014.png]

Well at least this one did Laughat

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post