Watchin' the lunar eclipse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Watchin' the lunar eclipse
For the first time, I am watching a lunar eclipse. I find myself irrationally excited to witness such an event.

Anybody else seeing this?

As of posting, the moon is a bright gold and about a third is obscured.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-10-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Watchin' the lunar eclipse
(08-10-2014 03:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For the first time, I am watching a lunar eclipse. I find myself irrationally excited to witness such an event.

Nah, too lazy to go outside lol. Let me know how it looks though.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-10-2014, 03:48 AM
(08-10-2014 03:43 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 03:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For the first time, I am watching a lunar eclipse. I find myself irrationally excited to witness such an event.

Nah, too lazy to go outside lol. Let me know how it looks though.

Got some thin cloud cover now... What a drag.

But the moon is bright enough to shine through; she's about halfway gone now and it looks gorgeous.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-10-2014, 03:55 AM
(08-10-2014 03:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 03:43 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nah, too lazy to go outside lol. Let me know how it looks though.

Got some thin cloud cover now... What a drag.

But the moon is bright enough to shine through; she's about halfway gone now and it looks gorgeous.

If it clears up, look out for the Selenelion. If your lucky you may get to see both the Eclipsed Moon setting and the Sun rising on the horizon at the same time. It only lasts for 2-9 minuets though.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-10-2014, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 04:05 AM by Free Thought.)
(08-10-2014 03:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 03:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got some thin cloud cover now... What a drag.

If it clears up, look out for the Selenelion. If your lucky you may get to see both the Eclipsed Moon setting and the Sun rising on the horizon at the same time. It only lasts for 2-9 minuets though.

Awesome! I'll definitely try to see that!

Edit: just starting to go red now, as the golden end is slowly consumed.

08-10-2014, 05:00 AM
(08-10-2014 04:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 03:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  If it clears up, look out for the Selenelion. If your lucky you may get to see both the Eclipsed Moon setting and the Sun rising on the horizon at the same time. It only lasts for 2-9 minuets though.

Awesome! I'll definitely try to see that!

Sweet!

08-10-2014, 05:10 AM
(08-10-2014 05:00 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Awesome! I'll definitely try to see that!

Sweet!

At this stage, the red is going through another cycle; the lighter red which supplanted the gold is being disposed by red darker still, about a third of the lighter red remains.

08-10-2014, 05:10 AM
My cousins took photos with their telescope. The "blood (red) moon". Very cool.
(Of course it means the end is nigh ... I s'pose.) Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Hmm, stand up and go look out the window... or google and find the pictures and stay sitting... Consider
I'm just joking, it's no competition, google all the way.
#youthtoday

[Image: oscar.png]
08-10-2014, 05:14 AM
(08-10-2014 05:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My cousins took photos with their telescope. The "blood (red) moon". Very cool.
(Of course it means the end is nigh ... I s'pose.) Yes

Not until the last one in 2015 Tongue The first 3 are just "signs".