Watching AronRa try to do street epistemology is kind of hilarious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 05:57 PM by cactus.)
Watching AronRa try to do street epistemology is kind of hilarious
Aron starts interviewing at 45:25
His Socratic questioning lasts for about one question before he starts rambling a bit, throwing a giant uninterrupted list of nitty gritty details at the guy and putting him in a defensive position in a major way. Meanwhile the guy stands there with his eyes glazed over as he patiently waits for Aron to finish talking over his head. Laugh out load
I'm still watching the vid. Should be pretty entertaining Popcorn

Street lop-sided debate-ology. Has a nice ring to it.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
16-12-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Watching AronRa try to do street epistemology is kind of hilarious
Yeah. Aron's got his strong points, but the Street Epistemology approach is definitely not one of them.

I'm not saying he can't learn, but he was way wrong to think he could learn it in a day.
16-12-2016, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 06:38 PM by cactus.)
Oh, sweet Jesus, Aron's second interviewee, in the blue shirt, the one who didn't even once mention plant life when talking about the formation of fossil fuels.
[Image: ErlMjpG.gif]
That dude is in it deeeeeep. Shocking

Really, though, at the end of the talk, the kid sounded like he wasn't so sure of himself. That's good Laugh out load

16-12-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm trying to get better at this approch as well. It's hard not correct a bad idea, or when you know someone that's miss informed about a subject. But like Anothy said walls go up when a person comes at you with a controdictive opion. But if you can get the person to see the flaw in their postion with their own logic.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Heh, Aron is great. Big Grin I was listening to this vid earlier today. Smile

16-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Interview with the last guy:
"We're talking about things that you hold... that you can't actually demonstrate to be true."

No, Aron, not like that! Not like that! Laugh out load Stop tipping you hand so heavily. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
16-12-2016, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 07:38 PM by cactus.)
The last guy is what I like to call a "treadmill creationist." I wish I could find the original video of the guy who was like "Look at this tree. Look at this treadmill. Tell me that ain't God."

I love when the guy starts repeating "Where? Where??? I don't see the evidence right in front of my eyes, like I do with Yahweh's intelligent creation. Do you have this evidence on you, like right now, this very second?" Laugh out load

16-12-2016, 07:28 PM
(16-12-2016 05:51 PM)cactus Wrote:  Aron starts interviewing at 45:25
His Socratic questioning lasts for about one question before he starts rambling a bit, throwing a giant uninterrupted list of nitty gritty details at the guy and putting him in a defensive position in a major way. Meanwhile the guy stands there with his eyes glazed over as he patiently waits for Aron to finish talking over his head. Laugh out load
I'm still watching the vid. Should be pretty entertaining Popcorn

Street lop-sided debate-ology. Has a nice ring to it.

He's not wearing his awesome trenchcoat. I am dissapoint.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."