Watching Scientology go down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Watching Scientology go down
I don't have HBO or any streaming service, so if this becomes available via torrent or YT would someone tell me? Thanks!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Confused Ah fuck. You mean my girlfriend is STILL a Scientologist?

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Cthulhu Dreaming's post
29-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Holy shit - this was good! This is an important film and I hope LOTS of people see it.

I get the feeling from a couple of the interviewees that they may have been trying to reach people on the inside with this film. At the same time, they seemed very skeptical that anyone inside would even see it because of how closely they are controlled. This entire organization is so despicable.

I'm actually seeing it again right now on another HBO channel. That's encouraging.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-03-2015, 08:27 AM
(28-03-2015 06:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I don't have HBO or any streaming service, so if this becomes available via torrent or YT would someone tell me? Thanks!
Will

I downloaded it from YT about 30 mins ago. Grab it while you can.

Edited to add URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auKuJX1VaiI
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
30-03-2015, 09:46 AM
I was too late, ugh!!! HBO took it down.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2015, 01:00 PM
I watched most of this last night, have 50 minutes left to watch.

They are pretty much a Mafia-like organization, they would take kids away from parents inside the organization that weren't obeying like they should and send them to a reeducation camp.
It looks like they strong-armed John Travolta, the embarrassing revelations about his trips to male "massage therapists" were probably released from the Scientologists to force him into compliance over some internal political struggle.
These auditing sessions are just a way of finding embarrassing things on their members to control them.

Unfortunately they seem to have quite a bit of money, just three of their top chapters were worth about 1.5 billion-with-a-b dollars.

The way Hubbard structured this was pretty slick, you are wooed with the promise of gaining control and power over your life. As you get deeper and deeper into it, you spend time and ever-increasing amounts of money to get to the next level. By the time you get to bat-shit crazy Thetan stuff, you are neck-deep in the manure and they have a large dossier built up on you that could be very damaging to you personally.

It's a hard cult to flee from, yet I have respect for those that have done it, despite the costs.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
01-04-2015, 09:11 AM
So, apparently Cracked just put out an article on this.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
WOW!

Watched Going Clear this afternoon. I used to just think that Scientology was a bit nutty.

What a screwed up organization!

There were multiple things covered that had me staring in disbelief. smh - the things some people will believe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-04-2015, 07:15 AM
(30-03-2015 09:46 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I was too late, ugh!!! HBO took it down.

I can usually find good torrents from Kickass.to
I'll probably end up downloading it tonight. I'm in need of a new doc to watch and this seems like it's been all the rage. Drinking Beverage

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
05-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Nice copy of SNL skit with lyrics and stills.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/05/saturda...more-21481

One cockroach at a time.