Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 03:50 AM by ralphellis.)
RE: Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug

You might like to know that I have had a spat with a number of 'esteemed' historians, some of who were on the 'Jesus Project'. These so-called academics then proceeded to hide behind censorship, so that their stupidity could not be challenged. Apparently this is par for the course for this particular historian.

http://thomasverenna.blogspot.com

And then his colleagues became rather abusive, which again is becoming a standard trait of academia:

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s462...6684a8.jpg

However, a couple of more enlightened individuals have now opened their blogs up to my comments, so that I at last have a right of reply. These blogs are:

Daniel McClellan Blog Site:
http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/20...mment-3289

Aaron Adair Blog Site:
http://gilgamesh42.wordpress.com/2013/04...nt-page-1/

As I hope you can see from these long discussions, academics are full of bluster and vitriol rather than knowledge, and so the history of 1st century Judaea is far from settled.

Find all posts by this user
12-04-2013, 05:03 AM
(12-04-2013 03:15 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  .

You might like to know that I have had a spat with a number of 'esteemed' historians, some of who were on the 'Jesus Project'. These so-called academics then proceeded to hide behind censorship, so that their stupidity could not be challenged. Apparently this is par for the course for this particular historian.

http://thomasverenna.blogspot.com

And then his colleagues became rather abusive, which again is becoming a standard trait of academia:

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s462...6684a8.jpg

However, a couple of more enlightened individuals have now opened their blogs up to my comments, so that I at last have a right of reply. These blogs are:

Daniel McClellan Blog Site:
http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/20...mment-3289

Aaron Adair Blog Site:
http://gilgamesh42.wordpress.com/2013/04...nt-page-1/

As I hope you can see from these long discussions, academics are full of bluster and vitriol rather than knowledge, and so the history of 1st century Judaea is far from settled.

Sure, play the "I'm so persecuted" card. Typical fringe studies tactic.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:As I hope you can see from these long discussions, academics are full of bluster and vitriol rather than knowledge, and so the history of 1st century Judaea is far from settled.
Got to disagree with Chas here, since I'm still in academia. If only he and BB would admit the truth of the above...
12-04-2013, 07:32 AM
(12-04-2013 07:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:As I hope you can see from these long discussions, academics are full of bluster and vitriol rather than knowledge, and so the history of 1st century Judaea is far from settled.
Got to disagree with Chas here, since I'm still in academia. If only he and BB would admit the truth of the above...

Pardon me? I didn't say that.

12-04-2013, 08:04 AM
(17-03-2013 12:34 PM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 12:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem confused about the nature of evidence.

Not at all. The truth is, that you are determined to divert attention away from the evidence, especially when the evidence points towards anything in the Bible being based upon reality.

Now your also confused about the burden of proof. It's not up to those who don't believe the bible depicts real events to provide evidence of their position it's up to you to provide compelling evidence because you are taking the positive stance.

Even if we made the claim (and would have to support said claim) "The bible is highly unlikely to be based on any real world events." there are enough talking animals, zombies and supernatural nonsense to easily back that up.
12-04-2013, 08:06 AM
(12-04-2013 05:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, play the "I'm so persecuted" card. Typical fringe studies tactic.Drinking Beverage

Sorry, it is not just me, it is the way politics, science and most of academia works.

Look at climate science, where if you dare to disagree with the 'consensus' you are vilified, denigrated (called a 'denier'), pushed out of your job and career (look what happened to David Bellamy), and mockingly threatened with death (see the 'death' video below).

David Bellamy lost his job and career:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rming.html

Killing climate 'unbelievers' is funny:**

Cabals exist in many professions, and religion is the greatest and longest lasting cabal of all of them. But I find it sad and worrying that scientists and historians, who should be the most open-minded of individuals, mimic theologians so closely.

What happens, of course, is that science and history have their own creed - a thought-structure which they research and teach within. And nobody wants to tear down that structure, least they get vilified and loose their job, like David Bellamy did. Additionally, no professor wants to turn up on a Monday morning, and say: "right students, everything I told you over the last two years was utter rubbish....".

Hmm, yes, you can see the problem.

And the result is that academics formulate their own Inquisition shock-troops, the same as the Catholic Church did, and in this case their chief rottweiler is Thomas Verenna and his cabal.

But having stated the reasoning, it is still sad to see it in operation. Science and history should be open-minded, not insular and intolerant.

** To make a point about persecution and 'racism' someone redubbed this video as the persecution of Christians, with the two unfortunate children being called Jesus and Mary. The makers of the video called this version 'disturbing and despicable', and had it banned. Hmm, quite, point made I feel. It was just a shame that they never saw the version with Muhummad and Aisha.... Rolleyes

12-04-2013, 08:09 AM
(12-04-2013 08:06 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 05:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, play the "I'm so persecuted" card. Typical fringe studies tactic.Drinking Beverage

Sorry, it is not just me, it is the way politics, science and most of academia works.

Look at climate science, where if you dare to disagree with the 'consensus' you are vilified, denigrated (called a 'denier'), pushed out of your job and career (look what happened to David Bellamy), and mockingly threatened with death (see the 'death' video below).

David Bellamy lost his job and career:

Killing climate 'unbelievers' is funny:**

Cabals exist in many professions, and religion is the greatest and longest lasting cabal of all of them. But I find it sad and worrying that scientists and historians, who should be the most open-minded of individuals, mimic theologians so closely.

What happens, of course, is that science and history have their own creed - a thought-structure which they research and teach within. And nobody wants to tear down that structure, least they get vilified and loose their job, like David Bellamy did. Additionally, no professor want to turn up on a Monday morning, and say: "right students, everything I told you over the last two years was utter rubbish....".

Hmm, yes, you can see the problem.

And the result is that academics formulate their own Inquisition shock-troops, the same as the Catholic Church did, and in this case their chief rottweiler is Thomas Verenna and his cabal.

But having stated the reasoning, it is still sad to see it in operation. Science and history should be open-minded, not insular and intolerant.

** To make a point about persecution and 'racism' someone redubbed this video as the persecution of Christians, with the two unfortunate children being called Jesus and Mary. The makers of the video called this version 'disturbing and despicable', and had it banned. Hmm, quite, point made I feel. It was just a shame that they never saw the version with Muhummad and Aisha.... Rolleyes

Thank you. You have made my point far better than I did. Thumbsup

12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
(12-04-2013 08:06 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  David Bellamy lost his job and career:

Mail did it to me again! Click the linky, and what happens? There's Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
12-04-2013, 09:26 AM
(12-04-2013 08:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Thank you. You have made my point far better than I did. Thumbsup

So you might think, but these are your taxes. Verenna is now trawling the blogs saying:

Tom Verenna;7437124 Wrote:Right, Ellis... Tell us again how Jesus was also King Arthur and Paul was really Josephus?

And my answer?

Dear Verenna,

Since you have reviewed my books and criticised them, surely it is you who should be telling us how I linked Jesus with King Arthur and Paul with Josephus. That is how reviewing works, is it not? You read a book and then criticise or praise the various claims the author has made.

Oh, I forgot, that is not how it works in the wonderful world of Verenna. In Varenna-land (a close neighbour of La-la-land) you decide to denigrate an author or a viewpoint, and then you trawl the internet for a few quotes, and then you totally misunderstand those quotes, and then you write a so-called 'review' that bears absolutely no relationship to the book whatsoever. indeed, you invent whole chapters that are not even in the book, and then criticise them. Brilliant, eh?

Oh, and then when you get found out, and the author complains, you delete all correspondence from your blog and hide behind censorship, like a latter-day Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot.

And yet despite this, still Verenna appears to have colleagues that back him up. Although since Verenna has admitted having 'secret' websites under pseudonyms, it is entirely possible - even probable - that all these supporters are Verenna himself.

So this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what academia has descended to. Cabals of foul-mouthed louts who prove their academic worth by deceitful reviews and gutter-snipe name-calling. Doesn't it make you feel proud, that your taxes are being spent so wisely....

An academic author review - that your taxes pay for...

[Image: Verenna-Joelabuse_zps7b6684a8.jpg]

12-04-2013, 09:35 AM
(12-04-2013 09:26 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 08:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Thank you. You have made my point far better than I did. Thumbsup

So you might think, but these are your taxes. Verenna is now trawling the blogs saying:

Tom Verenna;7437124 Wrote:Right, Ellis... Tell us again how Jesus was also King Arthur and Paul was really Josephus?

And my answer?

Dear Verenna,

Since you have reviewed my books and criticised them, surely it is you who should be telling us how I linked Jesus with King Arthur and Paul with Josephus. That is how reviewing works, is it not? You read a book and then criticise or praise the various claims the author has made.

Oh, I forgot, that is not how it works in the wonderful world of Verenna. In Varenna-land (a close neighbour of La-la-land) you decide to denigrate an author or a viewpoint, and then you trawl the internet for a few quotes, and then you totally misunderstand those quotes, and then you write a so-called 'review' that bears absolutely no relationship to the book whatsoever. indeed, you invent whole chapters that are not even in the book, and then criticise them. Brilliant, eh?

Oh, and then when you get found out, and the author complains, you delete all correspondence from your blog and hide behind censorship, like a latter-day Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot.

And yet despite this, still Verenna appears to have colleagues that back him up. Although since Verenna has admitted having 'secret' websites under pseudonyms, it is entirely possible - even probable - that all these supporters are Verenna himself.

So this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what academia has descended to. Cabals of foul-mouthed louts who prove their academic worth by deceitful reviews and gutter-snipe name-calling. Doesn't it make you feel proud, that your taxes are being spent so wisely....

An academic author review - that your taxes pay for...

[Image: Verenna-Joelabuse_zps7b6684a8.jpg]

People think you are a crackpot because you demonstrably are a crackpot.

Thread Closed