Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug
(17-04-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank God, you at least admit there were future PROPHECIES. BB is living in a dream world (Matrix?).

If you imply that a prophesy is something spiritual, you are much mistaken. I have prophecised many things correctly, including the recent economic crash, the failure of the Euro, the failure of the world to warm catastrophically, and the utter refusal of President Assad to give up his position. Does that make me a prophet of 'god', or just very astute?

Find all posts by this user
21-04-2013, 03:10 AM
(17-04-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Its Gittin 55 - 57.

I haven't forgotten, and I'm conversant with the Talmud references, hallmarks that 1) Jesus existed 2) His cult existed 3) some Jews were opposed

Yes, yes, and yes. But none of these evidences mean that Jesus was a divine pauper prince of peace. If you read the Talmud's descriptions of Jesus, the primary assertions they make are that Jesus was:

Rich;
Royal;
Powerful;
and
Responsible for the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem in AD 70.
Looking to become the next Roman emperor.

Think about it. Much of the evidence that Jesus really existed is contained in the Talmud, so why do Christians not use this evidence to prove their religion to be 'true' (ie: based upon reality)?

Answer? Because the Jesus that the Talmud describes is so far removed from the Jesus that Christianity has peddled - especially the assertion that he was involved in the Jewish Revolt of AD 70.

21-04-2013, 05:06 AM
(20-04-2013 10:59 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank God, you at least admit there were future PROPHECIES. BB is living in a dream world (Matrix?).

If you imply that a prophesy is something spiritual, you are much mistaken. I have prophecised many things correctly, including the recent economic crash, the failure of the Euro, the failure of the world to warm catastrophically, and the utter refusal of President Assad to give up his position. Does that make me a prophet of 'god', or just very astute?

Nope. That makes you a seer. Which means, of course, we must now break out the stake and matches...

[Image: burn04.gif]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-04-2013, 01:52 AM
(21-04-2013 05:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nope. That makes you a seer. Which means, of course, we must now break out the stake and matches...

Just as well we had the Reformation, then, and poured some water over said matches.... Wink

The only problem we have today, is that we have invited a new fundamentalist religion back into the West, which has a fresh box of matches.

02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:If you imply that a prophesy is something spiritual, you are much mistaken. I have prophecised many things correctly, including the recent economic crash, the failure of the Euro, the failure of the world to warm catastrophically, and the utter refusal of President Assad to give up his position. Does that make me a prophet of 'god', or just very astute?
And I predicted the restoration of unified Germany, based on my Bible studies. So what?

The Bible predicts to the day the restoration of secular Israel and the crucifixion of Jesus. The HB says of Jesus:

*Born of a virgin
*Die with wrist and feet pierces
*Etc.

Your prophecies and mine can't hold a candle there, sorry.
02-05-2013, 08:04 AM
(02-05-2013 07:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:If you imply that a prophesy is something spiritual, you are much mistaken. I have prophecised many things correctly, including the recent economic crash, the failure of the Euro, the failure of the world to warm catastrophically, and the utter refusal of President Assad to give up his position. Does that make me a prophet of 'god', or just very astute?
And I predicted the restoration of unified Germany, based on my Bible studies. So what?

The Bible predicts to the day the restoration of secular Israel and the crucifixion of Jesus. The HB says of Jesus:

*Born of a virgin
*Etc.

I'm having a hard time deciding who's nuttier, PleaseJesus or RalphEllis.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
(02-05-2013 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 07:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And I predicted the restoration of unified Germany, based on my Bible studies. So what?

*Born of a virgin
*Etc.

I'm having a hard time deciding who's nuttier, PleaseJesus or RalphEllis.Consider

PJ has competition for that crown? And Ego® isn't in it? Shocking

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-05-2013, 08:11 AM
(02-05-2013 08:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm having a hard time deciding who's nuttier, PleaseJesus or RalphEllis.Consider

PJ has competition for that crown? And Ego® isn't in it? Shocking

This contest is limited to those in the 'nutty' weight class.

Ego fights in the 'bat-shit crazy' weight class.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
(02-05-2013 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 08:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  PJ has competition for that crown? And Ego® isn't in it? Shocking

This contest is limited to those in the 'nutty' weight class.

This is a great idea. We should devise a system of crazy "weight" classes.

featherweight = someone who is just too skeptical

middleweight = minor conspiracy theorists

middle-heavy = conspiracy theorists/cryptozoologists

heavy = theists

super heavy = fundamentalists

gargantuan = fucking nutters

Black hole = Ego®

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
(02-05-2013 08:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  This contest is limited to those in the 'nutty' weight class.

This is a great idea. We should devise a system of crazy "weight" classes.

featherweight = someone who is just too skeptical

middleweight = minor conspiracy theorists

middle-heavy = conspiracy theorists/cryptozoologists

heavy = theists

super heavy = fundamentalists

gargantuan = fucking nutters

Black hole = Ego®

Suggested modifications:

featherweight = someone who is just too credulous

bantamweight = deist/pantheist/New Age

lightweight = minor conspiracy theorists/crypto-zoologists

welterweight = conspiracy theorists

cruiserweight = theists

heavyweight = fundamentalists

cage fighters = fucking nutters

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
Thread Closed