Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Water to Wine was a well-known trick jug
(09-01-2014 02:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Get your evidence and citation in order, get your work peer reviewed, and get it published by an at least somewhat respectable company; then I might spend the time to read your work in it's entirety. Drinking Beverage

But the academic establishment hates meeee! It's a conspiraceeee!

But not just any conspiracy.

A Freemason conspiracy! The worst kind of conspiracy!

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
09-01-2014, 03:14 PM
(09-01-2014 03:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 02:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  But the academic establishment hates meeee! It's a conspiraceeee!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-01-2014, 03:18 PM
(09-01-2014 03:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But not just any conspiracy.

Yeah! Like, I live in fear man! They don't want the world to know what I know, that JESUS CHRIST WAS THE KING OF EDESSA!!! There I said it. Come and get me you CIA goons! I know you read these threads and respond to me to make me look like an idiot. I'm not really an idiot, I just look like one. These goons are cray cray man. Like, it's the best kept secret in the world up 'til the point I uncovered it by watching that fucking movie with Nick Cage in it about searching for lost treasures! Then it all made sense! And plus, they keep it secret 'cos if everyone knew it'd be like, a new world order man. The pope shits himself because of me, I shit you not. Fucken academics won't publish 'cos they know they're toast if they side with me. But they secretly do. They secretly are all jealous of my mastery. That's why they write anti-me blog posts. Fuckers. I'll show them. I'll show you alllllllllll !!!!!

Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 08:53 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  And as to Caruso, he also lives behind censorship and name-calling.
His main bitch was that I did not use Hebrew fonts. But Kindle have said they cannot handle Hebrew fonts.

BULLSHIT.

[Image: bible_kindle_gk.jpg]

[Image: Hebrew-font-browser-test-0.70-Silk-Kindl...ritics.jpg]

Those are not JPEGs, those are CSS fonts. Dodgy

You are wrong, and so was Mr Caruso.

I wrote to Amazon Kindle during this project and their answer was:

Subject: Your Amazon KDP Inquiry
Date: June 19, 2013 5:05:21 PM GMT+02:00
To: Ellis Ralph <ralph@*********.com>
Reply-To: kdp-support+A155VPKIZKB4AB@amazon.com

Hello Ralph,

I understand your dilemma.

We can´t guarantee that Hebrew or Greek fonts will be displayed nicely on all the Kindle devices and Apps (e.g. Kindle für iPad or iPhone), as we "officially" do not support Hebrew or Greek.

……...

As I said, at this time, unfortunately, we can not guarantee for Hebrew or Greek characters. We are working to add this option in the future though. We are sorry that we can´t provide a more satisfying answer. Currently, there is no other "workaround" than to include images instead of fonts.

I hope this helps at least a bit.

Regards,
Stephanie M.
Kindle Direct Publishing

So who are you going to believe - Kindle themselves, or a blogger who says he speaks Aramaic?

More to the point, you would have already known all about this, if Mr Caruso had not deleted all my replies. So we have the strange situation here where a claimed academic lives behind censorship, and is completely wrong, and yet you still continue to believe him. Why is that?

Ralph
10-01-2014, 03:28 PM
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's on his website... Dodgy thomas(dot)verenna(at)rutgers(dot)edu

I'm actually beyond the point of taking anything you say seriously on account of the behavior I've seen from you documented across various blog's comments. You have poisoned your own well.

http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/20...lph-ellis/

The university originally quoted there was Mongomery. They replied:

Subject: CID: E7BD06B510202 Your Email
Date: April 15, 2013 5:03:40 PM GMT+02:00
To: Ellis Ralph <ralf@******.com>

We are sorry, but Mr. Verenna is not affiliated with Montgomery County Community College.

I am happy to debate with Mr Verenna, if he will come out of hiding.

Regards Mr McClellan's blog, what did I say there that was historically incorrect? You will note that Mr McClellan would not make a reply on his own blog, and left the discussion to others. But none of these replies proved that Adiabene was Arbella, whereas my arguments substantiate that Adiabene was actually Edessa (as the venerable Armenian historians say).

But if Adiabene is Edessa, then Edessa becomes central to the history of 1st century Judaea (and thus central to what eventually became the biblical story).

Ralph
10-01-2014, 03:32 PM
(09-01-2014 03:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 02:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  But the academic establishment hates meeee! It's a conspiraceeee!

Since I am a Master Mason myself, I don't think so.

And before you say it - yes, Atheists can become Freemasons. Although that does depend somewhat on which Lodge you join.

Ralph
11-01-2014, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 12:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-01-2014 03:13 PM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  BULLSHIT.

[Image: bible_kindle_gk.jpg]

[Image: Hebrew-font-browser-test-0.70-Silk-Kindl...ritics.jpg]

Those are not JPEGs, those are CSS fonts. Dodgy

You are wrong, and so was Mr Caruso.

I wrote to Amazon Kindle during this project and their answer was:

Subject: Your Amazon KDP Inquiry
Date: June 19, 2013 5:05:21 PM GMT+02:00
To: Ellis Ralph <ralph@*********.com>
Reply-To: kdp-support+A155VPKIZKB4AB@amazon.com

Hello Ralph,

I understand your dilemma.

We can´t guarantee that Hebrew or Greek fonts will be displayed nicely on all the Kindle devices and Apps (e.g. Kindle für iPad or iPhone), as we "officially" do not support Hebrew or Greek.

……...

As I said, at this time, unfortunately, we can not guarantee for Hebrew or Greek characters. We are working to add this option in the future though. We are sorry that we can´t provide a more satisfying answer. Currently, there is no other "workaround" than to include images instead of fonts.

I hope this helps at least a bit.

Regards,
Stephanie M.
Kindle Direct Publishing

So who are you going to believe - Kindle themselves, or a blogger who says he speaks Aramaic?

More to the point, you would have already known all about this, if Mr Caruso had not deleted all my replies. So we have the strange situation here where a claimed academic lives behind censorship, and is completely wrong, and yet you still continue to believe him. Why is that?

Ralph

Oh, so it's Amazon's fault now? Funny, I thought earlier that you had blamed it all on your ePub, Lulu. So which is it? Is it the Kindle's inability to guarantee that those fonts will work in all cases (which is not the same as saying 'But Kindle have said they cannot handle Hebrew fonts.'), when there is clear photographic evidence that they can indeed display those fonts? Or is it that your ePub simply won't allow it?

There are workarounds for this problem, such as publish it as a PDF.

On Ellis’ ePub Claims

Mr. Ellis has made several glaring errors in Greek throughout his book. I have drawn attention to this, as have others. At one point he has βάρβαρος written out as βαρβαροσ (no accent mark). For those unfamiliar with Greek, the sigma at the end of the word should be what is known as a final sigma (ς) not a standard sigma (σ).

Mr. Ellis has made the argument that his ePub wouldn’t allow it. Therefore, he thinks this is an unfair criticism. But is it? I believe Steve says it best:

Also, it is not “baseless criticism.” If you are not only author but editor and publisher getting it correct falls squarely upon your shoulders. It is this attention to detail that is *essential* for any kind of publication and what peer review and the traditional publishing process seeks to ensure.

If you couldn’t get it printed in Hebrew or Greek, then the accepted practice is to default to a common transliteration scheme, of which there are several.

To use the wrong script or wrong letter forms in a publication, one might as well submit a paper to an SBL session in l337 $3@k.

But I would like to elaborate. Ellis originally published his work on the website Lulu. As someone who has worked with Lulu previously (and am familiar with how publishing works on their site), you have exceptional free-range to do anything you want. Lulu not only makes you the one fully responsible for your own book (formatting, style, font, script, cover design, cover type, etc…), Lulu allows you to upload your file as a PDF or Word document, where you can embed fonts and use unicode and all that good stuff that one does when they want to get their work right. Lulu also offers editors to review your work (for a cost), but since you profit upwards of 50% or more on your publications through the site, one should easily be able to afford that option. Mr. Ellis should be aware of this. If he isn’t, or if he doesn’t quite understand how Lulu works, then he has no one to blame but himself if he makes a mistake.

Mr. Ellis wants to continually make this the problem of someone other than himself. But is that fair? No, of course not. Anyone who takes their work seriously should strive to make it the best they can; they are essentially working to convince you that their perspectives are correct. Certainly, mistakes happen. We’re only human. But Mr. Ellis does not want to take responsibility for his mistakes–it is telling when one cannot graciously accept criticism when it is deserved; it is more telling when that person actively seeks to blame other people for their mistakes, because being wrong would shatter their frail delusional world views.

But this is also why scholars publish through peer review and academic presses, rather than self-publishing. This sort of mistake would have been caught prior to publication had Mr. Ellis thought to go through the rigorous review process–though he may not have wanted to do so, as actual scholars (credible people in the field with strong proficiency in the languages) would have to critique his work and suggest numerous corrections which, ultimately, would have made him look (and feel) foolish.

http://tomverenna.wordpress.com/2013/04/...debunking/

(10-01-2014 03:28 PM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's on his website... Dodgy thomas(dot)verenna(at)rutgers(dot)edu

I'm actually beyond the point of taking anything you say seriously on account of the behavior I've seen from you documented across various blog's comments. You have poisoned your own well.

http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/20...lph-ellis/

The university originally quoted there was Mongomery. They replied:

Subject: CID: E7BD06B510202 Your Email
Date: April 15, 2013 5:03:40 PM GMT+02:00
To: Ellis Ralph <ralf@******.com>

We are sorry, but Mr. Verenna is not affiliated with Montgomery County Community College.

I am happy to debate with Mr Verenna, if he will come out of hiding.

Regards Mr McClellan's blog, what did I say there that was historically incorrect? You will note that Mr McClellan would not make a reply on his own blog, and left the discussion to others. But none of these replies proved that Adiabene was Arbella, whereas my arguments substantiate that Adiabene was actually Edessa (as the venerable Armenian historians say).

But if Adiabene is Edessa, then Edessa becomes central to the history of 1st century Judaea (and thus central to what eventually became the biblical story).

Ralph

Seriously Ralphie, how much are you going to lie to my face? Your supposed email is dated to April 15th 2013. For comparison here is a part of Thomas Veranna's CV.

http://rutgers.academia.edu/ThomasVerenn...culumVitae

CURRICULUM VITAE

Thomas Verenna
thomas.verenna@rutgers.edu

Academic

-Montgomery CCC, History Concentration (Student, Freshman)
Academic Achievements: Dean’s Commendation List

-Northampton Community College, LS – History Concentration (Student, Sophomore)
Academic Achievements: Dean’s Commendation List

-Rutgers University, BA in Ancient History/Classics, BA in Greek and Latin Concentration (Current Student, Sophomore)

So in case you hadn't noticed, I highly doubt that he managed to switch schools twice in less than a year. He simply was not a student at Montgomery at that time. No wonder nobody will deign to give such a dishonest person the time of day to have a debate with you, you simply aren't worth the effort (much like your own work isn't worth the effort of fixing it's formatting issues). For fucks sake... Dodgy

(10-01-2014 03:32 PM)ralphellis Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 03:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But not just any conspiracy.

Since I am a Master Mason myself, I don't think so.

And before you say it - yes, Atheists can become Freemasons. Although that does depend somewhat on which Lodge you join.

Ralph

Oh boy, bring out your tinfoil hats folks... Drinking Beverage

[Image: catintinfoilhat.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-01-2014, 03:14 AM
In light of the various times this has been debunked and due to the fact that Mr ellis seems to want to use this site to merely increase his book views I am closing this thread. Mr Ellis please go sell your crap elsewhere.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Thread Closed