Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2011, 02:59 PM

Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states
By DAVID CRARY, AP National Writer David Crary, Ap National Writer

NEW YORK – Dozens of bills are advancing through statehouses nationwide that would put an array of new obstacles — legal, financial and psychological — in the paths of women seeking abortions.

The tactics vary: mandatory sonograms and anti-abortion counseling, sweeping limits on insurance coverage, bans on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. To abortion-rights activists, they add up to the biggest political threat since the Roe v. Wade decision of 1973 that legalized abortion nationwide. (Full Article)

It's not really surprising that forced pregnancy by law religious zealots would seek to insure, by law, that illegal abortion (if they got their way across the nation) would once again cost 2 lives.
One PLer I talked to said, when I mentioned that little side effect to his efforts, that's what we want women to understand they're putting at risk.
I always love when men are zealously anti-abortion. Somehow I think they'd hush if pro-choice activists rallied to pass laws in the name of pro-castration! So that no woman would ever have to make a choice and risk death making the one that zealots believe should come at the cost of their lives, as a well deserved fine for disobeying a terrorist God's law that holds the quality of life of a woman as less than that of a man.
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 05:10 PM
RE: Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states
This has been going on a while... surprised you just heard of it now.
Yeah , these bills are supported on religious grounds alone.
A woman has a right to her own body - I say.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 08:12 PM
It doesn't matter how long they've been being made it's still deafeningly aggravating for women everywhere. I can't wait to see a bill for mandatory vasectomies on every boy at age 12 which can be removed when they turn 21. This would definitely lower the abortion issue.

Seriously can't they target men for any of this? It's not like women are an asexual being separate of men who produce babies out of thin air.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-03-2011, 09:02 PM

It's the Patriarchal zeal. Women have equal rights now, quite to the consternation of some Fundies. And yet, the one certain way to remain in control of us is to insure we are forced to bear a man's seed should it take root in our womb. It's not about the Baby. It's about the man's legacy being ripped from the womb.

I was on a Theology website, because I like to feel what it's like to be in the midst of those so serious as all that, wherein someone had opened a Poll asking; when do you think abortion is permissible. One option was never, under any circumstances.
That option had more votes than any other, which included, if the woman's life was in danger. Always at any time. Only in the event of rape or incest. Undecided
It's not really surprising I guess. The laws of men liberate women unto claiming their own freedom as people,not property.

While the laws of god enslave them. You know, for the sake of our own salvation it's necessary to save us from ourselves. Big GrinDodgy
(23-03-2011 05:10 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  This has been going on a while... surprised you just heard of it now...

Oh, I was aware of certain States legislative efforts in this regard. It's just that now that the Repub's have the majority in the House they've picked up the pace.
24-03-2011, 04:44 AM

You know I'm actually OK with answering a poll question with its NEVER "permissible" (not the word I would have chose) to have an abortion because I don't believe the vast majority of abortions should happen. However I am not so egotistical to believe that I should be the adjudicator of that. If we could put 50% of the money and effort we put forth to support these laws into education, and adoption programs I think we'd mostly have the issue under control.
24-03-2011, 02:25 PM
The one in North Dakota is worse. Women are required too go to a crisis center to learn about the evils of abortions in order to guilt women in to not having one.

http://www.alternet.org/sex/150345/chris...n_abortion

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I wonder how'd they like it if they had to listen to an Old Testament reading before eating shellfish. - Bastards !!!

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
25-03-2011, 03:36 PM
(24-03-2011 02:35 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I wonder how'd they like it if they had to listen to an Old Testament reading before eating shellfish. - Bastards !!!

That's fantastic!!!

I'm going to use that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost