Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2011, 02:59 PM

Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states
By DAVID CRARY, AP National Writer David Crary, Ap National Writer

NEW YORK – Dozens of bills are advancing through statehouses nationwide that would put an array of new obstacles — legal, financial and psychological — in the paths of women seeking abortions.

The tactics vary: mandatory sonograms and anti-abortion counseling, sweeping limits on insurance coverage, bans on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. To abortion-rights activists, they add up to the biggest political threat since the Roe v. Wade decision of 1973 that legalized abortion nationwide. (Full Article)

It's not really surprising that forced pregnancy by law religious zealots would seek to insure, by law, that illegal abortion (if they got their way across the nation) would once again cost 2 lives.
One PLer I talked to said, when I mentioned that little side effect to his efforts, that's what we want women to understand they're putting at risk.
I always love when men are zealously anti-abortion. Somehow I think they'd hush if pro-choice activists rallied to pass laws in the name of pro-castration! So that no woman would ever have to make a choice and risk death making the one that zealots believe should come at the cost of their lives, as a well deserved fine for disobeying a terrorist God's law that holds the quality of life of a woman as less than that of a man.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states - GassyKitten - 23-03-2011 02:59 PM
RE: Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in the states - GassyKitten - 23-03-2011, 09:02 PM