01-06-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: Way Of The Mister - Hitchens
Well said!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Yeah buh, Darwin converted on his death bed. So why couldn't Hitchens?

[Image: dumb-face.jpg]

Derpi DER

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
01-06-2016, 09:21 AM
(01-06-2016 07:35 AM)pablo Wrote:  

They pull this with every skeptic. Einstein, Flew. It is such a fucking intellectually dishonest tactic. It is true that nobody can say how their positions will change in the future. But educated atheists are extremely unlikely to allow emotional stress or physical illness to change their positions while they are lucid.

There are all sorts of mental illnesses, and diseases and terminal illnesses that can alter someone's lucid state to the point it is no longer them. Same with me. I did once believe, went from Christian to deist and now atheist. But I also don't want anyone taking anything I say when I am not in my current lucid state seriously.

It is a cowardly act to make claims about people who cannot defend themselves. This is nothing but a dirty smarmy tactic used as a recruiting tool used to prey upon the gullible and weak minded.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
(01-06-2016 09:01 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah buh, Darwin converted on his death bed. So why couldn't Hitchens?

I think the next time someone says that such-and-such prominent atheist converted on their deathbed, I'll say "So what? Jesus deconverted on his.". I mean, if they get to keep lying for their beliefs, maybe I should up my game.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
01-06-2016, 10:50 AM
(01-06-2016 10:21 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:01 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah buh, Darwin converted on his death bed. So why couldn't Hitchens?

I think the next time someone says that such-and-such prominent atheist converted on their deathbed, I'll say "So what? Jesus deconverted on his.". I mean, if they get to keep lying for their beliefs, maybe I should up my game.

So that's what he meant by "why have you forsaken me?"!
Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Hundred bucks says this also happens to Dawkins. You read this prophecy here and it's fulfillment will prove that FSM is mightier than Norris!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-06-2016, 12:28 PM
It's a terribly sad thing this man is trying to do with Hitchen's memory, and he says they were great friends. With friends like that who needs enemies? I won't believe any such conversion took place even if it was captured on tape and I watched it myself, like he said he would've been drugged up and not thinking clearly anyway.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]