13-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Way of the Mister

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like pablo's post
13-07-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: Way of the Mister
Hahahahahaha!

In the scene (3m 45s) where it's describing our military's ability to deliver vengeance-strikes with pinpoint accuracy in order to destroy the enemies without hitting innocents, an ability which God apparently lacks, it has a disclaimer in the background:

"Margin of error = +/- 500,000 innocents."

Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-07-2015, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 12:11 AM by Reltzik.)
(13-07-2015 10:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hahahahahaha!

In the scene (3m 45s) where it's describing our military's ability to deliver vengeance-strikes with pinpoint accuracy in order to destroy the enemies without hitting innocents, an ability which God apparently lacks, it has a disclaimer in the background:

"Margin of error = +/- 500,000 innocents."

Laugh out load

Yeah, that made me grin too.

.... which is kinda disturbing.

I also liked the quick picture of W to illustrate the concept of economic calamity.

EDIT: And the can of whoopass includes Reaganomics!

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
14-07-2015, 12:32 AM
This man puts out some really excellent content. I would recommend a subscription to his youtube channel.

After listening to what he has to say in this video, I find myself wondering, why is it that believers seem to like god so much? I understand why they believe in him and what that entails. I just don't understand why they go to such lengths to express their love and affection for him. It isn't all that difficult to notice the many ways in which he does not deserve it. One might simply notice by accident if nothing else.

I only believed because I trusted my parents when I was a child. It didn't stop me from privately resenting god's supposed will in my personal life. Why don't they resent him too?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
14-07-2015, 07:10 AM
I laughed when around 2:15 the example of choosing good is Hitchens.

And who knew Bobby Brady was gay?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Haha! I just noticed the Key & Peele skit frame used for the mean teacher.

Yeah I might hafta subscribe to this guy.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson