Way to go Bill ... not

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Way to go Bill ... not
http://www.lex18.com/news/noah-s-ark-pro...e-forward/

Bill Nye says he's shocked. Really? All of your years of scientific experimenting couldn't help you realize if you put an idiot on a level playing field with legitimate intellectual in front of a worldwide audience that he would get support from the other millions of idiots?

And now we understand why everyone in science was cringing and regretting this debate would happen.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Way to go Bill ... not
When you're dealing with people that don't even know how a sunset works, you're gonna have bad time...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Im_Ryan's post
28-02-2014, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 09:52 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-02-2014 08:58 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  http://www.lex18.com/news/noah-s-ark-pro...e-forward/

Bill Nye says he's shocked. Really? All of your years of scientific experimenting couldn't help you realize if you put an idiot on a level playing field with legitimate intellectual in front of a worldwide audience that he would get support from the other millions of idiots?

And now we understand why everyone in science was cringing and regretting this debate would happen.

Just standing on the same stage provides "legitimacy" to the idiot.
There is a reason Dawkins won't debate Craig.
Playing tennis with a rank beginner, can make even an expert look uncoordinated.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Excellent news! Tech jobs to Asia... hurrah!

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-02-2014, 09:59 AM
(28-02-2014 08:58 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  http://www.lex18.com/news/noah-s-ark-pro...e-forward/

Oh yes and it's only a matter of time before the creation thing (I refuse to call it a museum) will be selling DVDs of the debate.

I have a few YEC friends on my facebook -- We've known each other for years and don't discuss religion. But on their own fb wall they sometimes post religious stuff.

On the night of the debate all of them most readily agreed that you don't need to believe in evolution to invent the MRI. That was one of Bill's points that we need people to understand science because we need inventors and engineers.

They totally fell for every single one of Hamm's "appeals to authority" and completely dismissed the science.

And when it was all done, they donated money because they'd heard about the struggles...

Bill Nye is a great guy but he should NEVER have validated Hamm's batshit cause.

And really christians...what the fuck? Giving money to an amusement park....What about all those starving children around the world? I suppose they get your "prayers"...

Thanks for this I've re-injured my brain from facepalming.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2014, 12:10 PM
And Hamm will be all too happy to charge admission to those mindless donators when he opens his creation thing. Wonder where THAT money will go?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2014, 01:39 PM
What a waste of money, time, and attention into something that brings nothing beneficial to that town, city, state, country, or the world. Building a giant Deathstar for $70MM does mean it was a real thing.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
28-02-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 03:29 PM by CleverUsername.)
Bill always struck me as a nice guy. I imagine he probably accepted without the idea it could be turned on him ever even crossing his mind. Sad

Oh, and not all of the animals are going to be real. Of course. Cause robotic animals don't eat, fight, need room, or any of the other problems live ones present, so this will help them bury those little implausibilities that are part of the reason it's all bull crap. You go right along, Ham, prove to the world that you can build a wooden boat using modern machines, millions of dollars, a full staff, and a lot of time. We needed this to be tested.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
28-02-2014, 03:10 PM
(28-02-2014 12:10 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And Hamm will be all too happy to charge admission to those mindless donators when he opens his creation thing. Wonder where THAT money will go?

Bill Nye should have been smart enough to know this would happen. Of course this why he was asked to begin with. The 'star' power of Bill Nye the science guy debating YEC ken ham.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Bill Nye won that debate by far, and not only in the opinion of secular hijackers. Even Christians widely conceded that he won the debate.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]