"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like ShadowProject's post
30-06-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: Way to go, Germany!!!
Decision worth being happy about.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
30-06-2017, 08:31 AM
(30-06-2017 08:09 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Parliament in Germany Approves Same-Sex Marriage Smile

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/world....html?_r=0

Yay, that's awesome news! Go Germany!!!! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
30-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Marriage is stupid. I think we're looking at this the wrong way, instead of looking at it like gays are missing out, why don't we look at it like straights are being fucking stupid?
We should outlaw marriage. Hell, who knows, maybe it'll cut down on domestic violence and unfairness regarding who gets what in divorce and shit like that. It's an old stupid tradition anyway.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-06-2017, 08:59 AM
(30-06-2017 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Marriage is stupid. I think we're looking at this the wrong way, instead of looking at it like gays are missing out, why don't we look at it like straights are being fucking stupid?
We should outlaw marriage. Hell, who knows, maybe it'll cut down on domestic violence and unfairness regarding who gets what in divorce and shit like that. It's an old stupid tradition anyway.

Ha - well, having been put through that particular ringer, I just might agree.

Dodgy Laughat

However, I think that if there are going to be "traditions" which are looked upon as legal then, making those "traditions" all inclusive, gives further weight to social acceptance of groups who haven't traditionally been included.

That said, I think that age limits should be put on marriage. I think ... no one should be allowed to legally become married if under the age of 25. Sure, live together, have kids, own property, etc., whatever floats your boat ... just no legally tying peoples' names together.

If you haven't gotten your shit together after about the age of 25 and seem to think that you need someone else to make you feel complete or whatever, go ahead and knock yourself out. It's your funeral or rather, that other fabulous life event that has little to do with you and that you really don't want to have to pay for. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-06-2017, 09:16 AM
They have a functional party system, for the largest part, a functional society, for the largest part and even conservative lawmakers having the guts to jump over their shadows. Something to feel envious about. Our conservatives prevented gay marriage yet again the other day. So we're stuck at the civil union level.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
30-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Well I'm marrying my boyfriend, my 3 bunnies, my dog, and the cat.
A ménage a sept. Try and stop me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-06-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2017 10:42 AM by Vera.)
(30-06-2017 09:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well I'm marrying my boyfriend, my 3 bunnies, my dog, and the cat.
A ménage a sept. Try and stop me.

More like menagerie Rolleyes

And we know better, Bucky, dearest, than to come between a man and his bunnies Yes

Or should I say - a Bucky and a bunny? Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Great news, good job Germany Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2017, 12:09 PM
I'd been under the impression that they already permitted it. Better late than never -- and I'm happy that gays now share the same rights as straights there.