We Finally had the "Talk."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: We Finally had the "Talk."
It's hard. I've got a friend who's atheist and married to a Christian...really don't know how they make it work. I think it depends on how Christian they are... Some can just keep their beliefs to themselves without getting all freakish about it....

Don't have much in the way of advice, but...you're totally doing the right thing. Better to communicate and talk this stuff through otherwise you've got bigger problems later on.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-03-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't think a counselor will work. We have a very respectful relationship and can talk about things without arguing and yelling. After this conversation, which is a HUGE deal, we walked away almost with a mutual understanding that things are more than likely not going to work between us, and yet we still act like best friends.

We do love each other, but I think we are both realizing that love is not enough to make a relationship work.

And we DO live with each other. We are treading lightly right now.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 3 users Like Peanut's post
01-03-2013, 12:42 AM
We Finally had the "Talk."
Well I wish you both happiness whatever you decide.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM
(28-02-2013 11:32 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  I have nothing to say other than that I don't understand how a practising Christian and an atheist can possibly be a couple. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I don't understand it. I could never take my partner seriously if they believed things I knew were irrational.

And I can't understand why it should be a problem. This longtime atheist married a good Catholic schoolgirl going on some 27 years ago now. I had to promise the Catholic Church not to interfere with the Catholic upbringing of any children in order to be married in front of a Priest in a Catholic Church. "Okay, no biggie." I didn't interfere and all 4 of our now adult children ended up atheists anyway. Personal metaphysics are, well personal. I don't hold her's against her and she don't hold mine against me. Like I said, no biggie.

(01-03-2013 12:10 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it depends on how Christian they are... Some can just keep their beliefs to themselves without getting all freakish about it....

As can some atheists. It just ain't a big deal to either of us. Hardly worth mentioning.

(01-03-2013 12:10 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's hard. I've got a friend who's atheist and married to a Christian...really don't know how they make it work.

Hot monkey sex helps. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
It sounds like you already have your own question answered. You have to do what makes you happy.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
01-03-2013, 08:30 PM
(01-03-2013 08:21 PM)smidgen Wrote:  It sounds like you already have your own question answered. You have to do what makes you happy.
It's that obvious, huh? Undecided

I'm in between right now. It's kinda like a relationship purgatory... We don't know where we stand. It's kinda like cohabitating at this point.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-03-2013, 09:00 PM
(01-03-2013 08:30 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:21 PM)smidgen Wrote:  It sounds like you already have your own question answered. You have to do what makes you happy.
It's that obvious, huh? Undecided

I'm in between right now. It's kinda like a relationship purgatory... We don't know where we stand. It's kinda like cohabitating at this point.

You two should have more hot monkey sex.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
(01-03-2013 09:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:30 PM)Peanut Wrote:  It's that obvious, huh? Undecided

LOL If only it were that easy... Sadcryface

I'm glad it's worked for you all these years Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
01-03-2013, 09:27 PM
(01-03-2013 09:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:30 PM)Peanut Wrote:  It's that obvious, huh? Undecided

Sounds like fun to me. Laughat

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
(01-03-2013 09:23 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 09:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You two should have more hot monkey sex.
LOL If only it were that easy...

It isn't? Huh