We Finally had the "Talk."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: We Finally had the "Talk."
I've never been called "mate" before Smile

Thanks, Kim = )
I know in my heart it would be best for us both. I just need to find the resources to "be on my own."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 08:24 PM
(06-03-2013 05:10 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Since we had "the talk," we barely speak.

Manly and I don't speak much, don't need to 'cause we're on the same page going on some 30 years now. She drops me off at work and picks me up for lunch and when I'm done working. "Anything happening?" "Nope." "Okay, lunch?" "Yep. Love you." "Love you too." Kiss kiss. We just don't require much verbal communication anymore. We're on the same page.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2013, 08:49 PM
(06-03-2013 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Manly and I don't speak much, don't need to 'cause we're on the same page going on some 30 years now. She drops me off at work and picks me up for lunch and when I'm done working. "Anything happening?" "Nope." "Okay, lunch?" "Yep. Love you." "Love you too." Kiss kiss. We just don't require much verbal communication anymore. We're on the same page.
I'm glad it works for you both. I really AM. And by the way, when you originally posted about you marrying your wife in one of the first posts I made, I told him about it. I thought it was cute and gave me a little hope. But now I find I need to be with someone I can talk to about ANYTHING. I told him I feel bad inside that he believes in something I tend to find a joke, and by me feeling that way, I think that what he believes is a joke... It's just awkward.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
06-03-2013, 08:59 PM
It's a sad situation. But it's way better to end it now than to suffer the consequences of a failed marriage - especially as you have a child.

I think it's time to head in another direction Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't even know how to break up with someone I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with. I can't find the words.

"It's not you... It's ME." <--- NO

"It's been fun. Thanks for sharing the last three and a half years with me and treating my son and I better than I had ever known possible." <---Awkward

"I know you'll find someone else, you're amazing." <---I can picture him responding with,"Then why are you leaving me?"

This sucks.

06-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Re: We Finally had the "Talk."
You're just going to have to be honest. It's not fair for either of you to be in a place where you are unhappy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
You really need to just let go. I wish I would have done that a couple times in my life. I think people get comfortable and think about the time they've invested into a relationship but 3 years is not that long and it's better to stop now than to invest 3 more years and feel the same way. It's a very hard move to make
06-03-2013, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 09:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-03-2013 08:49 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Manly and I don't speak much, don't need to 'cause we're on the same page going on some 30 years now. She drops me off at work and picks me up for lunch and when I'm done working. "Anything happening?" "Nope." "Okay, lunch?" "Yep. Love you." "Love you too." Kiss kiss. We just don't require much verbal communication anymore. We're on the same page.
I'm glad it works for you both. I really AM. And by the way, when you originally posted about you marrying your wife in one of the first posts I made, I told him about it. I thought it was cute and gave me a little hope. But now I find I need to be with someone I can talk to about ANYTHING. I told him I feel bad inside that he believes in something I tend to find a joke, and by me feeling that way, I think that what he believes is a joke... It's just awkward.
Girly just don't feel it's always a joke, KC's irrational faith in being elected, Cantor's bizarre faith in the gwynnies, don't feel like jokes to me. ... Ego®'s Veridicanism, on the other hand, is a motherfucking joke.

(06-03-2013 08:49 PM)Peanut Wrote:  But now I find I need to be with someone I can talk to about ANYTHING.

Manly and Girly can and do talk about ANYTHING, we just rarely feel the need.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
(06-03-2013 09:10 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I don't even know how to break up with someone I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with. I can't find the words.

"It's not you... It's ME." <--- NO

"It's been fun. Thanks for sharing the last three and a half years with me and treating my son and I better than I had ever known possible." <---Awkward

"I know you'll find someone else, you're amazing." <---I can picture him responding with,"Then why are you leaving me?"

This sucks.

Peanut,
I wish I had the just the right words to say to you to repair things. As I see it (having gone through a similar breakup because of religion many years ago) either you guys talk it out and he walks away from his religious views (I am quite sure you can't go back to your old views) or the relationship will crumble. Maybe you can both ignore each other's deeply felt views regarding this topic but that will always be a point of contention and a gap in your relationship. Counseling is always an option.

I really wish you the best.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
07-03-2013, 02:49 AM
Opposites do not attract. they distract. and that's a fact.