We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2
It is funny that a comedian (Carlin) and an author (Crichton) had better perspective of Earth and the human species than the National Academy of Sciences and American Association for the Advancement of Science.

https://freetheanimal.com/2017/04/earth-day.html

Maybe Carlin came to Jesus later in life when he realized that a human gas was a billion times worse than human plastic. I would still use this Carlin segment in my 6th grade science class, though. Whether or not to bleep the F-words would be a tough call. They are pretty effective.

Crichton did not live long enough to recognize his sins and ask for forgiveness.

I doubt that I will ever come to Jesus, but in another 20 years, you never know. I might be out of money.

Do not forget Bill Moyers crying on PBS about the planet his grandchildren were going to inherit from me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2017, 07:14 AM
(24-04-2017 06:59 AM)Walter Wrote:  It is funny that a comedian (Carlin) and an author (Crichton) had better perspective of Earth and the human species than the National Academy of Sciences and American Association for the Advancement of Science.

It's always a question of who's playing the bills. The vast majority of scientists agree on climate change being man made. With the few that don't, you just have to follow the money trail.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
24-04-2017, 07:19 AM
A comedian and an author had a better opinion than scientists who have data to back up their claims? What? Also, climate change isn't a matter of opinion.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
24-04-2017, 08:00 AM
(24-04-2017 06:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's putting a bandaid on a sucking chest gunshot wound.

Figure out a way to drastically reduce the human population as quickly, humanely and as painlessly possible - permanently.

That's the real solution.

Back when I believed there was a benevolent power center calling all the shots about the future of the west from some tower in Brussels, I would have thought the population would be culled by a quick, painless man-made pandemic before the consequences of our meddling got too dire.

Now that I'm older, I know we're too chicken-shit to make that kind of call.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
24-04-2017, 08:06 AM
(24-04-2017 08:00 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 06:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's putting a bandaid on a sucking chest gunshot wound.

Figure out a way to drastically reduce the human population as quickly, humanely and as painlessly possible - permanently.

That's the real solution.

Back when I believed there was a benevolent power center calling all the shots about the future of the west from some tower in Brussels, I would have thought the population would be culled by a quick, painless man-made pandemic before the consequences of our meddling got too dire.

I don't suppose either of you would like to volunteer as raw material at the Soylent Green factory?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
24-04-2017, 08:14 AM
(24-04-2017 06:59 AM)Walter Wrote:  It is funny that a comedian (Carlin) and an author (Crichton) had better perspective of Earth and the human species than the National Academy of Sciences and American Association for the Advancement of Science.

https://freetheanimal.com/2017/04/earth-day.html

Maybe Carlin came to Jesus later in life when he realized that a human gas was a billion times worse than human plastic. I would still use this Carlin segment in my 6th grade science class, though. Whether or not to bleep the F-words would be a tough call. They are pretty effective.

Crichton did not live long enough to recognize his sins and ask for forgiveness.

I doubt that I will ever come to Jesus, but in another 20 years, you never know. I might be out of money.

Do not forget Bill Moyers crying on PBS about the planet his grandchildren were going to inherit from me.

So, you actually teach 6th graders that there's nothing anyone can do so screw it and do nothing? Just keep doing what we're doing...

Carlin isn't really talking about the planet or climate change, in that segment you linked to. He's talking about changing people because the earth doesn't really give a shit about us and I don't disagree with that. However collectively if we do make significant changes in the way we live, we can make a difference. Or at least we could have made one -- had it not been for the people who seem to think it doesn't matter.

I also agree somewhat with Carlin the message probably shouldn't be to "save the planet" but rather to save ourselves.

http://www.nationalgeographic.org/encycl...age-patch/

Plastics are a huge problem because they don't really degrade, they just break down into smaller and smaller pieces, they end up being eaten by fish and birds...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2017, 08:14 AM
My life isn't very good I wouldn't actually mind being processed into say dog food or fertilizer, something useful along those lines as long as the passing was painless, like say nitrogen narcosis or something. Drinking Beverage
24-04-2017, 08:28 AM
(24-04-2017 08:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My life isn't very good I wouldn't actually mind being processed into say dog food or fertilizer, something useful along those lines as long as the passing was painless, like say nitrogen narcosis or something. Drinking Beverage

I don't know about you but I hear a plane crash is a relatively painless way to go. It usually happens so fast that your brain doesn't have a chance to process it, and makes for a fairly badass obituary after the dust settles. Hell, if the impact is swift and violent enough, you might just sidestep the whole morgue thing and avoid the stigma of coroners meddling with your corpse after you kick it.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
24-04-2017, 08:31 AM
(24-04-2017 08:06 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 08:00 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  Back when I believed there was a benevolent power center calling all the shots about the future of the west from some tower in Brussels, I would have thought the population would be culled by a quick, painless man-made pandemic before the consequences of our meddling got too dire.

I don't suppose either of you would like to volunteer as raw material at the Soylent Green factory?

I'm doing my part. Zero kids and a vasectomy.

And when i' m dead. Feel free.

Eat me.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-04-2017, 08:37 AM
(24-04-2017 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 08:06 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I don't suppose either of you would like to volunteer as raw material at the Soylent Green factory?

I'm doing my part. Zero kids and a vasectomy.

And when i' m dead. Feel free.

Eat me.

Big Grin
I've been neutered too, not that there's any one to get pregnant mind you. Big Grin