We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2
(24-04-2017 03:02 PM)adey67 Wrote:  True but they're not as fast. But seriously what we need to do is reduce commercial air travel both passenger and freight, ban or make package holidays and business meetings abroad prohibitively expensive, increase investment in renewable energy but for it to have any real effect it needs to be global and I cant ever see that kind of consensus happening.

What we need is the industry taking a break when it comes to blow out their shit into the atmosphere. Air travel is a pitance compared to that. Burning of less fossil fuels helps, but since the industry also burns fossil fuels, that's where a start should be made. Not that that will ever happen as long as a dime can be made. First and foremost in the USA where all the politicians, democrats as well as republicans represent their bribers and not their electorate.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2017, 04:17 PM
(24-04-2017 03:45 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 03:02 PM)adey67 Wrote:  True but they're not as fast. But seriously what we need to do is reduce commercial air travel both passenger and freight, ban or make package holidays and business meetings abroad prohibitively expensive, increase investment in renewable energy but for it to have any real effect it needs to be global and I cant ever see that kind of consensus happening.

What we need is the industry taking a break when it comes to blow out their shit into the atmosphere. Air travel is a pitance compared to that. Burning of less fossil fuels helps, but since the industry also burns fossil fuels, that's where a start should be made. Not that that will ever happen as long as a dime can be made. First and foremost in the USA where all the politicians, democrats as well as republicans represent their bribers and not their electorate.

Cant argue with that but what about China their industrial and pollution laws are more lax than the USA?
24-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Gasp

Well at least I won't need vinegar with my fish and chips. Pre-pickled by carbonic acid from ocean acidification! Awesome!

Pre-slaughtered too! How convenient Hobo

SMH
24-04-2017, 04:40 PM
(24-04-2017 04:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Cant argue with that but what about China their industrial and pollution laws are more lax than the USA?

And yet they're signed the treaties and don't plan on cancelling. The ones Dump wants to row back on.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
24-04-2017, 04:48 PM
(24-04-2017 04:40 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 04:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Cant argue with that but what about China their industrial and pollution laws are more lax than the USA?

And yet they're signed the treaties and don't plan on cancelling. The ones Dump wants to row back on.
Yes that is worrying and may also cause other nations to renege in order to be competitive, although I don't fully trust China not to cheat tbh.
24-04-2017, 05:10 PM
(24-04-2017 04:48 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ... although I don't fully trust China not to cheat tbh.

Why would they honor deals made with kwai-loh?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2017, 05:15 PM
(24-04-2017 05:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 04:48 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ... although I don't fully trust China not to cheat tbh.

Why would they honor deals made with kwai-loh?

What is that exactly ?