We Need Better Candidates.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 07:59 AM
We Need Better Candidates.
After watching the "debates" and seeing Trump's rally the other day -- it occured to me that the whole election process has turned into a circus --- but they should hire better clowns................

Cuz the offerings we're getting suck ass.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-03-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: We Need Better Candidates.
The Republican Debates are the shitty open mic night of politics.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2016, 08:14 AM
I am starting to think that anyone with enough sense to actually perform the job of president also has enough sense not to get involved in what has become a freaking joke...the whole election process.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
13-03-2016, 08:50 AM
In an ideal world we could rinse out the whole system and start again. Clear everyone out and adopt a new voting system. Adopt Alternative voting.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
13-03-2016, 09:31 AM
I was going to say that adopting an election system that is more similar to the ones we have in Europe might help mitigate this problem, but then I remembered that we have leaders like David Cameron and Angela Merkel over here.

You know, until we collectively decide that a glorified popularity contest is not a good way to choose a leader, we're going to end up electing the same kind of people over and over and over again. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
13-03-2016, 09:33 AM
(13-03-2016 08:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Republican Debates are the shitty open mic night of politics.

Calling those things "debates" - is like dinner at Jeffery Dahmer's house. It's not going to end well for you.

Both sides ( R ) and ( D ) getting softball questions and giving scripted answers isn't a debate.

It's a farce.

Just like any politician who has the gall to call himself a "Public Servant"...........

Blow me.....

I know a power-hungry fucker when I see one.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-03-2016, 09:37 AM
(13-03-2016 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I was going to say that adopting an election system that is more similar to the ones we have in Europe might help mitigate this problem, but then I remembered that we have leaders like David Cameron and Angela Merkel over here.

You know, until we collectively decide that a glorified popularity contest is not a good way to choose a leader, we're going to end up electing the same kind of people over and over and over again. Consider

Agree 10,000 percent.

I'm convinced we'd do better choosing by lot.

Any person who's willing to prostitute themselves to the degree that they must to special interest groups - for the chance to "govern" should automatically be considered too corrupt to do the job- and should under no circumstances be allowed any more power than "Junior Crossing Guard".....

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-03-2016, 09:59 AM
[Image: IZVUGef.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 10 users Like yakherder's post
13-03-2016, 10:36 AM
It's really ironic considering that there are 51 contestants for Miss America, but only 2 for president.

Not sure if I saw this here, but:

[Image: UeNA40C_zpsvpwnpxnf.jpg]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
13-03-2016, 08:09 PM
(13-03-2016 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You know, until we collectively decide that a glorified popularity contest is not a good way to choose a leader, we're going to end up electing the same kind of people over and over and over again. Consider

So these look like older versions of the half-wits that we elected for class president to you too?

I suggest that what we need is something like the Illuminati, but whose job is not to control government but to isolate it from the rest of society. Using a moat of self-referencing beaurocrasy that loops back on itself you isolate those in government from the outside world while maintaining an illusion of power. The result is a relatively cheap, self-selecting, self-admitting mental asylum into which we vote the craziest offenders every four years.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post