We Need Better Candidates.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2016, 06:44 AM
RE: We Need Better Candidates.
(13-03-2016 09:59 AM)yakherder Wrote:  [Image: IZVUGef.jpg]

My new wallpaper...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-03-2016, 07:58 AM
[Image: ePY1xiB.jpg]

The whole system sucks, better monkeys ain't gonna make a better circus.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-03-2016, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 07:19 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
We don't need better candidates. We already have the best candidate. Donald Trump.

Pro second amendment.
Simplify tax code, lower taxes, 3 tax brackets instead of 7.
Strong military.
Supports planned parenthood.
Wants to improve LEGAL immigration and stop ILLEGAL immigration.
Tough on terrorism.
Wants to bring American companies back to America and create jobs.
Not a real Bible thumper.

Trump doesn't have that fake personality that politicians have. He doesn't talk like a snake oil salesmen with a snarky voice inflection. He talks like a regular Joe. The way the guys talk at the bar. He says what a majority of Americans are feeling about terrorists, immigrants, and establishment type fuck heads.

People call him racist, but can't point to anything that he has said that makes him racist. Pointing out that a lot of illegals come here and commit murder and rape is not racist. Saying that we need to stop Muslims from entering the country until the government finds a better way to vet refugees is not racist. Muslim nor Mexican is a race. Trump hires all kinds of legal immigrants and his wife is a legal immigrant. Being against ILLEGAL immigration does not make him a racist. I would guess most Americans are against illegal immigration.

The only argument I've really seen against Trump that I can agree with is that he isn't "presidential." I counter that with I'm sick of that fake political persona. Like our leaders have to be some high and mighty gaffe proof overlord.

Turnout on the republican side in Ohio and Florida blew away Democrat turnout yesterday. These are the two most important states in the general election. Turnout is blowing away prior years in most states, if not all. The Republican debates this cycle have broken every TV record for political debates. Democrats have switched parties to vote in Republican primaries like no other time in history. Trump received the same number of votes as Clinton in Florida with three times as much competition and a rival from that state on the ticket. It appears Florida and Ohio have turned fully red instead of purple, which is terrible news for democrats.

Trump will be president. Immigration, terrorism, and the economy are the most important things to Americans right now. I can't see voters believing Clinton can handle those things better than Trump. He'll surround himself with strong advisers and cabinet members, and a solid VP.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-03-2016, 07:32 AM
(16-03-2016 06:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We don't need better candidates. We already have the best candidate. Donald Trump.

Pro second amendment.
Strong military.
Tough on terrorism.

Trump doesn't have that fake personality that politicians have. He doesn't talk like a snake oil salesmen with a snarky voice inflection. He talks like a regular Joe. The way the guys talk at the bar. He says what a majority of Americans are feeling about terrorists, immigrants, and establishment type fuck heads.

People call him racist, but can't point to anything that he has said that makes him racist. Pointing out that a lot of illegals come here and commit murder and rape is not racist. Saying that we need to stop Muslims from entering the country until the government finds a better way to vet refugees is not racist. Muslim nor Mexican is a race. Trump hires all kinds of legal immigrants and his wife is a legal immigrant. Being against ILLEGAL immigration does not make him a racist. I would guess most Americans are against illegal immigration.

The only argument I've really seen against Trump that I can agree with is that he isn't "presidential." I counter that with I'm sick of that fake political persona. Like our leaders have to be some high and mighty gaffe proof overlord.

Turnout on the republican side in Ohio and Florida blew away Democrat turnout yesterday. These are the two most important states in the general election. Turnout is blowing away prior years in most states, if not all. The Republican debates this cycle have broken every TV record for political debates. Democrats have switched parties to vote in Republican primaries like no other time in history. Trump received the same number of votes as Clinton in Florida with three times as much competition and a rival from that state on the ticket.

Trump will be president. Immigration, terrorism, and the economy are the most important things to Americans right now. I can't see voters believing Clinton can handle those things better than Trump. He'll surround himself with strong advisers and cabinet members, and a solid VP.

If it were just about proposed policies, that would be one thing, and I might be willing to take him over the alternatives. I sure as hell don't relish the idea of calling Hillary my commander in chief, and I'm all about getting my thumb out of my ass, being set loose, and crushing daesh like an angry demigod. But, even if I were to accept all of the above, I would still have two primary problems with Trump.

1. He's already failed in international relations regardless of his stances. The 'murica side of me wants to not give a shit. The used to work at NSA side of me recognizes that isolationism isn't possible and never has been, and the fact that he's already managed to be demonized by pretty much every country whose cooperation we rely on is highly problematic whether he deserved to be demonized or not. Our overseas interests will inevitably be compromised without international cooperation, and the barrier him being elected would create would be disastrous to the relations on which we rely.

2. His methods for achieving his various goals are not rational. The costs of doing things like building a wall and engaging in the deportation of 10+ million illegals would be astronomical, and without lasting benefit. Wall or no wall, we'd expend a ridiculous sum of money and resources getting them out of the country, and many would be back soon after. I'm not by any means in favor of open borders, and I don't believe it's unethical to enforce immigration laws, but cause/effect must be taken into consideration. We're not going to build a wall, if we do Mexico is not paying for it, and we're not deporting 10+ million people. Give me an hour in any major Chinatown and I'll find you a few dozen illegals. For reference, there's a freaking ocean between us and China.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
16-03-2016, 07:56 AM
It struck me this morning who Trump reminds me of.... Biff Tannen

Quote:... a high school bully whose behavior hasn't changed at all in the 30 years that follow.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-03-2016, 08:11 AM
(16-03-2016 07:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 06:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We don't need better candidates. We already have the best candidate. Donald Trump.

Pro second amendment.
Strong military.
Tough on terrorism.

Turnout on the republican side in Ohio and Florida blew away Democrat turnout yesterday. These are the two most important states in the general election. Turnout is blowing away prior years in most states, if not all. The Republican debates this cycle have broken every TV record for political debates. Democrats have switched parties to vote in Republican primaries like no other time in history. Trump received the same number of votes as Clinton in Florida with three times as much competition and a rival from that state on the ticket.

If it were just about proposed policies, that would be one thing, and I might be willing to take him over the alternatives. I sure as hell don't relish the idea of calling Hillary my commander in chief, and I'm all about getting my thumb out of my ass, being set loose, and crushing daesh like an angry demigod. But, even if I were to accept all of the above, I would still have two primary problems with Trump.

1. He's already failed in international relations regardless of his stances. The 'murica side of me wants to not give a shit. The used to work at NSA side of me recognizes that isolationism isn't possible and never has been, and the fact that he's already managed to be demonized by pretty much every country whose cooperation we rely on is highly problematic whether he deserved to be demonized or not. Our overseas interests will inevitably be compromised without international cooperation, and the barrier him being elected would create would be disastrous to the relations on which we rely.

2. His methods for achieving his various goals are not rational. The costs of doing things like building a wall and engaging in the deportation of 10+ million illegals would be astronomical, and without lasting benefit. Wall or no wall, we'd expend a ridiculous sum of money and resources getting them out of the country, and many would be back soon after. I'm not by any means in favor of open borders, and I don't believe it's unethical to enforce immigration laws, but cause/effect must be taken into consideration. We're not going to build a wall, if we do Mexico is not paying for it, and we're not deporting 10+ million people. Give me an hour in any major Chinatown and I'll find you a few dozen illegals. For reference, there's a freaking ocean between us and China.

I don't think the wall will be built. I doubt all illegal aliens could be round up and deported. But he at least acknowledges the problem. My hope is for a virtual wall. Mandatory e-verify checks for employment. Criminal and civil penalties if a company hires an illegal knowingly. Force states like washington state to stop giving illegals drivers licenses. Cut off funding to sanctuary cities. Maybe they'll self deport. And others will realize it's not worth coming here unless they come legal.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-03-2016, 08:52 AM
There are some forecasts that predict the end of the GOP because of this election, and I'm not sure I disagree. Trump is not fit to be president. When he drops the dumbass personality and talks policy he isn't as horrible as Cruz, but he's still not great. He's ok at best. But the president isn't just a policy maker, but a statesman and the face America presents to the world. And trump is not fit for that. His public statements have been racist, misogynistic, and juvenile. He talked about his penis on stage. And that is the person we want to place as our international face?

Meanwhile there is Bernie, who is unrealistic, and Hillary, who panders. They aren't great either but they are a far cry better than what is on offer from the other side.

I would like to see someone who was willing to address some of the issues with our country, but the things that need to be done would be unpopular. Adjusting the tax bracket, lowering taxes for some and raising the top tax rate to between 40-55%. Strengthening estate taxes. Strengthening unions. Prosecuting people who commit welfare fraud. Ending subsidies to large oil companies and the financial sector. I'd like a candidate who is pro-second amendment and anti-death penalty.
16-03-2016, 11:58 AM
First, we need a better electorate.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
16-03-2016, 12:04 PM
(14-03-2016 07:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: ePY1xiB.jpg]

The whole system sucks, better monkeys ain't gonna make a better circus.

I volunteer to be Mrs. VP

[Image: katniss-salutes.jpg]

It will be um....hard, but I will do it for my country. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-03-2016, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 01:43 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(16-03-2016 06:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump doesn't have that fake personality that politicians have.

I entirely disagree. He has demonstrated that he is willing to say absolutely anything to get votes. He has even said that if he shoots someone, people will still vote for him. What people mistake his "genuine personality" for is his charisma. He's great at getting people riled up, but that does not equal a genuine personality by any stretch. I have seen nothing to indicate that he has the country's interests at heart. All he wants to do is cause chaos.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post