We Need Better Candidates.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: We Need Better Candidates.
(16-03-2016 08:11 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Force states like washington state to stop giving illegals drivers licenses.

There are 12 States which issue driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants. So let me make sure I'm hearing you right. You are for the Federal Government taking away State's rights? 'Cause that's what you're saying.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-03-2016, 04:55 PM
(16-03-2016 02:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 08:11 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Force states like washington state to stop giving illegals drivers licenses.

There are 12 States which issue driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants. So let me make sure I'm hearing you right. You are for the Federal Government taking away State's rights? 'Cause that's what you're saying.

Federal law supercedes state law. If the feds pass a law that illegals can't obtain a driver's license the states would need to comply. Feds force everything else on the states, no reason they couldn't get away with that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-03-2016, 05:05 PM
(16-03-2016 04:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 02:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There are 12 States which issue driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants. So let me make sure I'm hearing you right. You are for the Federal Government taking away State's rights? 'Cause that's what you're saying.

Federal law supercedes state law. If the feds pass a law that illegals can't obtain a driver's license the states would need to comply. Feds force everything else on the states, no reason they couldn't get away with that.

Sure. Do you feel the same way about all the other State's rights the Federal Government could strip away? Or are you selective in your principles?

#sigh
16-03-2016, 05:30 PM
(16-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 04:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Federal law supercedes state law. If the feds pass a law that illegals can't obtain a driver's license the states would need to comply. Feds force everything else on the states, no reason they couldn't get away with that.

Sure. Do you feel the same way about all the other State's rights the Federal Government could strip away? Or are you selective in your principles?

It really depends on the situation. "States rights" is a separate issue honestly. We're talking about illegals here. Key word ILLEGAL. Taxpayer money is used to print the license, pay the DMV employee etc. I'm sure states use federal money to fund their DMV/highways/roads/bridges as well. If you're right that it's a states right issue, then the states are free to pay for those programs themselves if they don't follow the law.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-03-2016, 05:39 PM
we need better senators

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-03-2016, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 05:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2016 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure. Do you feel the same way about all the other State's rights the Federal Government could strip away? Or are you selective in your principles?

It really depends on the situation. "States rights" is a separate issue honestly. We're talking about illegals here. Key word ILLEGAL. Taxpayer money is used to print the license, pay the DMV employee etc.

Yeah. State taxpayer money and the citizens of MD have decided undocumented immigrants can get licenses. Who are you to tell us different.

(16-03-2016 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm sure states use federal money to fund their highways/roads/bridges as well. If you're right that it's a states right issue, then the states are free to pay for those programs themselves if they don't follow the law.

Should the Federal Government be able to set a maximum 55 mph speed limit nationwide?

#sigh
17-03-2016, 05:04 AM
(16-03-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It really depends on the situation. "States rights" is a separate issue honestly. We're talking about illegals here. Key word ILLEGAL. Taxpayer money is used to print the license, pay the DMV employee etc.

Yeah. State taxpayer money and the citizens of MD have decided undocumented immigrants can get licenses. Who are you to tell us different.

(16-03-2016 05:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm sure states use federal money to fund their highways/roads/bridges as well. If you're right that it's a states right issue, then the states are free to pay for those programs themselves if they don't follow the law.

Should the Federal Government be able to set a maximum 55 mph speed limit nationwide?

Congress passed an emergency bill and Nixon signed it in 1973, doing exactly that.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2016, 05:36 AM
(17-03-2016 05:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah. State taxpayer money and the citizens of MD have decided undocumented immigrants can get licenses. Who are you to tell us different.

Congress passed an emergency bill and Nixon signed it in 1973, doing exactly that.

yeah but Sammy Hagar got rid of that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
17-03-2016, 05:48 AM
(13-03-2016 07:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  After watching the "debates" and seeing Trump's rally the other day -- it occured to me that the whole election process has turned into a circus --- but they should hire better clowns................

Cuz the offerings we're getting suck ass.

It helps if you kid yourself that you are watching performance art ...
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
17-03-2016, 05:49 AM
(17-03-2016 05:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 07:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  After watching the "debates" and seeing Trump's rally the other day -- it occured to me that the whole election process has turned into a circus --- but they should hire better clowns................

Cuz the offerings we're getting suck ass.

It helps if you kid yourself that you are watching performance art ...

Or an episode of SNL that you missed the first time around....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.