We Need Better Candidates.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: We Need Better Candidates.
I'd watch a presidential debate hosted by Jerry Springer.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-03-2016, 07:09 AM
(17-03-2016 06:39 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd watch a presidential debate hosted by Jerry Springer.

...and for his Final Thought, he pulls out a revolver and shoots himself in the head. Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-03-2016, 09:27 AM
(17-03-2016 05:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah. State taxpayer money and the citizens of MD have decided undocumented immigrants can get licenses. Who are you to tell us different.

Should the Federal Government be able to set a maximum 55 mph speed limit nationwide?

Congress passed an emergency bill and Nixon signed it in 1973, doing exactly that.

I know that. Do you think it was a violation of State's rights or not?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
17-03-2016, 11:29 AM
(17-03-2016 09:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 05:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Congress passed an emergency bill and Nixon signed it in 1973, doing exactly that.

I know that. Do you think it was a violation of State's rights or not?

I don't, since the federal government pays for major highways through taxpayer money collectively from all states. Since the bill passed was directly related to environmental/fuel consumption, I don't believe it was an overreach. It was an attempt to keep fuel costs down and reduce consumption, benefitting everyone. If some states did not comply, their actions would be felt in other states.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Funny new anti-Hillary ad by the Trump campaign.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Fuck it I'm voting for Putin.

'Murican Canadian
17-03-2016, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 03:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-03-2016 11:29 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If some states did not comply, their actions would be felt in other states.

We agree. So by implication you don't feel nationwide water standards, emission standards, air pollution standards or other environmental controls which prevent one State from adversely impacting other States is a violation of State's rights either. Yes?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
17-03-2016, 03:27 PM
(17-03-2016 03:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 11:29 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If some states did not comply, their actions would be felt in other states.

We agree. So by implication you don't feel nationwide water standards, emission standards, air pollution standards or other environmental controls which prevent one State from adversely impacting other States is a violation of State's rights either. Yes?

It's okay for the Feds to override the States when he likes what they're enforcing.

It's unconstitutional for the Feds to override the States when he's taking a State's side.

... Isn't that how everyone decides?

... this is my signature!
17-03-2016, 03:32 PM
(17-03-2016 03:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 03:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We agree. So by implication you don't feel nationwide water standards, emission standards, air pollution standards or other environmental controls which prevent one State from adversely impacting other States is a violation of State's rights either. Yes?

It's okay for the Feds to override the States when he likes what they're enforcing.

It's unconstitutional for the Feds to override the States when he's taking a State's side.

... Isn't that how everyone decides?

Unprincipled ones.