We all prayed for you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 06:11 PM
We all prayed for you
Recently I had to undergo surgery and was hospitalized for almost two weeks. Who came to my aid, saw to it that I got on the bus for the long trip to the hospital, my atheist neighbors. They also looked after my animals. In the meantime the Evangelical neighbors had everyone in their church pray for me. What has been confirmed in my thinking is that to pray for someone means they'll do nothing meaningful to help your situation. Not one of them offered to feed my dog and cat (both inside) nor water my two horses - a chore a 7 yr old could do, it's that easy. When I ran into the Evangelical neighbor, she went on about God looking after me and I should thank God for not having cancer. She absolutely dismissed the knowledge and skills of the surgical team. I'm trying to distance myself from them but it's not easy, living in a village.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Takelababy's post
27-02-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: We all prayed for you
I wonder how many actually did pray for you.
I think for many, just saying they'll pray is the prayer.
Hope you're feeling better. Big Grin
27-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Hug

Wishing you and yours all the very best and here's to our recovery.
27-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Because god is so absent-minded...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
28-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Thank god for the atheist neighbors.......

Now THERE'S a sentence you don't hear very often.....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-02-2015, 08:35 AM
(27-02-2015 06:11 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Recently I had to undergo surgery and was hospitalized for almost two weeks. Who came to my aid, saw to it that I got on the bus for the long trip to the hospital, my atheist neighbors. They also looked after my animals. In the meantime the Evangelical neighbors had everyone in their church pray for me. What has been confirmed in my thinking is that to pray for someone means they'll do nothing meaningful to help your situation. Not one of them offered to feed my dog and cat (both inside) nor water my two horses - a chore a 7 yr old could do, it's that easy. When I ran into the Evangelical neighbor, she went on about God looking after me and I should thank God for not having cancer. She absolutely dismissed the knowledge and skills of the surgical team. I'm trying to distance myself from them but it's not easy, living in a village.

It would appear that the praying resulted in God sending atheists to help you out in your time of need. Tongue

Wishing a speedy recovery.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 09:33 AM
This Evang. church has a time of prayer and praise. This is when the neighbor blabbed that I was in hosp. which meant my property was sitting vacant. I've asked her several times to not do this. Actually the pastor does the praying, the congregation just comes up with names and health issues. So much for privacy. Being Sunday, my phone has been ringing off the wall with her wanting to know if I'm going to church. I've tried telling her I won't be but it falls on deaf ears. She thinks it's her duty to continue to get people to "come to Jesus" as she puts it. This b.s. has become a mental drain and not helping with my recovery.
01-03-2015, 09:35 AM
(01-03-2015 09:33 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  This Evang. church has a time of prayer and praise. This is when the neighbor blabbed that I was in hosp. which meant my property was sitting vacant. I've asked her several times to not do this. Actually the pastor does the praying, the congregation just comes up with names and health issues. So much for privacy. Being Sunday, my phone has been ringing off the wall with her wanting to know if I'm going to church. I've tried telling her I won't be but it falls on deaf ears. She thinks it's her duty to continue to get people to "come to Jesus" as she puts it. This b.s. has become a mental drain and not helping with my recovery.

Tell her exactly that. Then tell you not to call you. You will contact her when you are better - or not.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 10:27 AM
(01-03-2015 09:33 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  This Evang. church has a time of prayer and praise. This is when the neighbor blabbed that I was in hosp. which meant my property was sitting vacant. I've asked her several times to not do this. Actually the pastor does the praying, the congregation just comes up with names and health issues. So much for privacy. Being Sunday, my phone has been ringing off the wall with her wanting to know if I'm going to church. I've tried telling her I won't be but it falls on deaf ears. She thinks it's her duty to continue to get people to "come to Jesus" as she puts it. This b.s. has become a mental drain and not helping with my recovery.

Get a restraining order? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Hope you are feeling better now! I will NOT be praying for you!