We are Atheism essay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 02:34 AM
We are Atheism essay
Surprisingly, I submitted an essay to http://www.weareatheism.com/ and they -ACTUALLY- accepted it. Considering my age, I didn't think they'd so willingly put mine on the website. I guess teens do have a voice.
http://www.weareatheism.com/tim-finnegan/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like pppgggr's post
31-05-2012, 05:42 AM
RE: We are Atheism essay
Nice.

But this is so not how I imagined you would look like. If that is your picture...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow! You write so clearly, nice essay! And thanks for sharing your story, you are brave.

You know, if you pull all your emotions away from this very emotional story, you can see how on a social level your classmates act. When one is different in the social realm the others isolate and target that different individual. It just shows how those terms work in dynamics vs what 'a good christian' should have done- which is maybe invite you into conversation and show love to bring you back. But they were kids and all they had were their instincts to survive. It's unfortunate the bully experience you had (and that was bullying), but you seem so positive and it seems like you've made choices for yourself that will help you assert who you are as an individual in this world. Good for you!

And congrats on getting your essay in!
31-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Very cool! It's great that you are strong enough already to stand up for what you believe (or don't believe).

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Well written Essay. I actually read it all the way through hahah. Not an easy feat these days as I have become just another easily distracted internet user.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
31-05-2012, 01:52 PM
(31-05-2012 05:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Nice.

But this is so not how I imagined you would look like. If that is your picture...
This is a two-year-old picture, though I guess it resembles me fairly well.

LadyJane Wrote:Wow! You write so clearly, nice essay! And thanks for sharing your story, you are brave.

You know, if you pull all your emotions away from this very emotional story, you can see how on a social level your classmates act. When one is different in the social realm the others isolate and target that different individual. It just shows how those terms work in dynamics vs what 'a good christian' should have done- which is maybe invite you into conversation and show love to bring you back. But they were kids and all they had were their instincts to survive. It's unfortunate the bully experience you had (and that was bullying), but you seem so positive and it seems like you've made choices for yourself that will help you assert who you are as an individual in this world. Good for you!

Thanks, and I know very well that it was bullying. They drifted from trying to "Save" me, to ouright hate.

lucradis Wrote:Well written Essay. I actually read it all the way through hahah. Not an easy feat these days as I have become just another easily distracted internet use
I know what you mean. I start reading something with every intention to finish it, and then I suddenly get distracted and move to another page.
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
31-05-2012, 05:09 PM
(31-05-2012 01:52 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 05:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Nice.

This is a two-year-old picture, though I guess it resembles me fairly well.

LadyJane Wrote:Wow! You write so clearly, nice essay! And thanks for sharing your story, you are brave.

Thanks, and I know very well that it was bullying. They drifted from trying to "Save" me, to ouright hate.

lucradis Wrote:Well written Essay. I actually read it all the way through hahah. Not an easy feat these days as I have become just another easily distracted internet use
I know what you mean. I start reading something with every intention to finish it, and then I suddenly get distracted and move to another page.
I think my feelings are hurt... Weeping

I said nice things and even repped you... Sadcryface2 Weeping Sadcryface2

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-06-2012, 06:02 AM
wow, i read your story, tim (sorry the other name is just so full of p and g)
very interesting
just don't feel or act weird when someone asks you about your atheism and things will sort themselves out. Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Wow Smile Well written. Jeez I was never that articulate when I was 13...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
(01-06-2012 06:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Wow Smile Well written. Jeez I was never that articulate when I was 13...
I roleplay alot. When you roleplay, you need as good of grammar as you can manage, or you'll be laughed out of the group.