We are Atheism essay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
RE: We are Atheism essay
Roleplay, ha? What do you play, D&D? We have some posts about that somewhere, check it out...

And reply to Anjele, she is sad...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
03-06-2012, 03:13 PM
(31-05-2012 12:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Well written Essay. I actually read it all the way through hahah. Not an easy feat these days as I have become just another easily distracted internet user.

Ditto. You and Tazmin give me hope for the continued survival of our species, Tim. ... I mean it's just a sliver of hope, but it's better than nothing. Wink

"(though one did accuse me of worshipping Albert Einstein)"

I mean, how can you not worship this?

[Image: einstein.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Einstein, making dysfunctional insanity seem functional every day. I love that guy.

Yes I know he is dead.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
(03-06-2012 03:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Yes I know he is dead.

Yeah. I worship him anyway. Even though he didn't know what to make of the anthropic principle and the Copenhagen interpretation. My gods don't need to be omniscient, omnipresent, nor omnibenevolent. They just gotta make some sorta sense. Wink

"Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion" - Einstein, Eulogy to Besso

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature." - Einstein, The World As I See It

"The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning." - Einstein, letter of February 5, 1921

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge. Immortality? There are two kinds. The first lives in the imagination of the people, and is thus an illusion. There is a relative immortality which may conserve the memory of an individual for some generations. But there is only one true immortality, on a cosmic scale, and that is the immortality of the cosmos itself. There is no other."

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2012, 03:21 AM
(02-06-2012 11:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Roleplay, ha? What do you play, D&D? We have some posts about that somewhere, check it out...

And reply to Anjele, she is sad...

Smile
Nah. I do Forum roleplays and some hybrid Video Game-rp things that some random people invented on a website called BYOND. It's a Hybrid between a video game with actual mechanics, and roleplaying with paragraph-long or longer emotes.
07-06-2012, 03:22 AM
(03-06-2012 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 12:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Well written Essay. I actually read it all the way through hahah. Not an easy feat these days as I have become just another easily distracted internet user.

Ditto. You and Tazmin give me hope for the continued survival of our species, Tim. ... I mean it's just a sliver of hope, but it's better than nothing. Wink

Why Worship Einstein when you can worship Darwin? Einstein gave ideas to the Earth's workings, not its creation. Tongue Tongue Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
07-06-2012, 06:08 AM
I was overly indoctrinated at your age. I envy your opportunity at having such an open mind at an early age. Good essay.
09-06-2012, 12:55 AM
(07-06-2012 03:22 AM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ditto. You and Tazmin give me hope for the continued survival of our species, Tim. ... I mean it's just a sliver of hope, but it's better than nothing. Wink

Why Worship Einstein when you can worship Darwin? Einstein gave ideas to the Earth's workings, not its creation. Tongue Tongue Tongue

Darwin died too soon to consider Schrodinger's Cat and Wheeler's Delayed Choice Experiment.

But I can worship Darwin, too. ... Don't think I'll ever make it to the Galapagos Islands. Wink

09-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Hmm. We should declare The Galapagos Islands Atheist Holy Ground. Then we could tax people to come there and gain influence through affluence. Then we could build a massive army of fanatical atheists believing in the one true god of Darwin and take over the world.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
(09-06-2012 09:52 AM)itsacow Wrote:  Hmm. We should declare The Galapagos Islands Atheist Holy Ground. Then we could tax people to come there and gain influence through affluence.

Ecuador might not be happy about that. ... But not sure they're capable of doing anything about it. Wink