We are nothing for suffering (my story)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: We are nothing for suffering (my story)

Matt this is you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-09-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 04:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-09-2014 12:58 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Now just in case no one wants to read my opening post because it is too long, I have provided here in this post a brief summary of my story. Also, there are people who live their entire lives with depression or anhedonia and, based on my story as well as the summary I will now present, these are the most inferior people of all. Even I am inferior for having anhedonia and depression myself and I would be the most inferior person if I could never fully recover from it.

Story Summary: Who you are as a person is nothing compared to your feelings of pleasure. Pleasure is superior to emotionless robots and people who don't have pleasure due to either depression or anhedonia (emotional numbness) are the equivalent to emotionless robots. You would still be nothing more than the equivalent to an inferior biological robot regardless of how much others value you, what great things you do in life, and how much you help others if you lived a life without pleasure. Even if who you are as a person does have human value and is not something "robotic," you would still be an utterly inferior human being because pleasure is the greatest thing about you in life and to lose it would make you inferior. So even if you were a psychopath like Hitler who slaughtered many innocent people, as long as you have pleasure, that would make you the better person. You would even be far better than a depressed and emotionally numb innocent person who instead helped many people around the world. So this is the reason why people with nice happy lives are the better people.

I believe in hedonism and hedonism states that pleasure is the only greatest thing in life. Everything else in life is nothing compared to pleasure. So this is the reason why pleasure is the only greatest thing about you as a person and to lose that would basically make you nothing as a person. My personal experience of pleasure also says to me that it is the greatest thing in life and that nothing else in life or about you as a person ever compares (even if you were a person who values the pleasure of others and lived solely to bring others pleasure). The fact is, you have lost your own pleasure if you had depression or anhedonia and you would still be nothing more than an inferior biological robot even if you instead lived solely to bring others pleasure. Yes, the pleasure of others matters just as greatly as your own. But you would still be nothing as a person without your own pleasure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism

Could you expand on that just a bit. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-09-2014, 04:23 PM
(22-09-2014 04:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Could you expand on that just a bit.

Please don't get him started.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-09-2014, 04:25 PM
(22-09-2014 04:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 04:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Could you expand on that just a bit.

Please don't get him started.

We need a sarcasm smiley. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-09-2014, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 12:09 AM by Airportkid.)
I really think we're missing the OP's objective, which is to give cjlr something approaching an actual challenge to dissect, sentence by relentless sentence, even if only by sheer volume (11,681 words), although a proper cjlr dissection in his usual style could exhaust the entire supply of pages available in this forum, but some risks are worth the payoff in anticipated fun. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
23-09-2014, 12:25 AM
http://forums.philosophyforums.com/threa...67604.html

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/v...ead/17384/

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5882723

He's spamming the same message across forums.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
23-09-2014, 12:35 AM
He always does, he's a sock of MotzartLink on this forum. It's kinda just what he does, when he is not failing at making music that is. This is like the 9th(ish) thread on the same subject, he's just a loser stuck on repeat.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
23-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Making a sock with the explicit purpose of spamming? Pretty sure there's rules about that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-09-2014, 12:48 PM
(22-09-2014 04:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We need a sarcasm smiley. Weeping

Maybe this?
[Image: smileys-whistling-825578.gif]

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Kiss
(23-09-2014 12:48 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 04:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We need a sarcasm smiley. Weeping

Maybe this?
[Image: smileys-whistling-825578.gif]

Or this Kiss

Although there is smart ass and lame-o too. Smartass Lamo

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post