We are now at war!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
We are now at war!
Assads forces have shot several people across their borders with Lebanon and Turkey. I.o.w. Syria has attacked Turkey, which is a loyal member of NATO.
Rule no. 5 of the NATO treaty is: if one Nato member is attacked all NATO members consider themselves to be attacked. Consequently all NATO members are now automatically at war with Syria. Turkey will insist on it. And is fully within its rights under the NATO treaty.

I.o.w. asshole Assad has just given the US the perfect excuse to attack!
Wait for McCain's and the other Republicunts' battle cry!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: We are now at war!
Nice source. I checked 3 different news sites and none made any mention of this.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like germanyt's post
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Where is the source for this?

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I Googled it, and there doesn't seem to be a credible source saying that we are at war.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I thought we were at war with Afghanistan still....so we ARE at war right now.
Then again, when are we NOT at war?

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
12-04-2012, 08:45 AM
(12-04-2012 08:43 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  I thought we were at war with Afghanistan still....so we ARE at war right now.
You'd have to ask Obama since apparently congressional declaration of war is not longer required.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 09:02 AM
(12-04-2012 08:45 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 08:43 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  I thought we were at war with Afghanistan still....so we ARE at war right now.
You'd have to ask Obama since apparently congressional declaration of war is not longer required.

I was under the impression that the war act (war on terrorism) was still very much in effect and that its writting is so vague as to allow anyone to be called a terrorist and therefore allow the president to invade who he wished as long as "terrorism" was involved?
Im not protecting obama or Bush...just pointing out that Congress has done nothing to change it as well.

12-04-2012, 09:09 AM
(12-04-2012 09:02 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  I was under the impression that the war act (war on terrorism) was still very much in effect and that its writting is so vague as to allow anyone to be called a terrorist and therefore allow the president to invade who he wished as long as "terrorism" was involved?
That is very possible.

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 11:27 AM
(12-04-2012 09:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:02 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  I was under the impression that the war act (war on terrorism) was still very much in effect and that its writting is so vague as to allow anyone to be called a terrorist and therefore allow the president to invade who he wished as long as "terrorism" was involved?
That is very possible.
Here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorizati...Terrorists

12-04-2012, 11:54 AM
(12-04-2012 11:27 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  That is very possible.
Here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorizati...Terrorists
I guess if you consider Libya a terrorist situation.

But what's up with OP? He just trolls us with this crap and then doesn't bother to come back to the thread to explain?

-Mark Twain