We are now at war!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: We are now at war!
Maybe they re-instituted the draft?

If so, when you all go to war I'm going to waltz over the border and steal your televisions.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
(12-04-2012 11:58 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Maybe they re-instituted the draft?

If so, when you all go to war I'm going to waltz over the border and steal your televisions.
I want your new money.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
(12-04-2012 12:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I want your new money.
WTF Canada. What good does money that lights up in your pocket do?
We just decided to eliminate the penny. Not only that but we are slowly integrating plastic bills. So far we have the hundred done. Not as cool as I thought it was going to be.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I want plastic money

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-2007...banknotes/

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
(12-04-2012 08:45 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 08:43 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  I thought we were at war with Afghanistan still....so we ARE at war right now.
Then again, when are we NOT at war?
You'd have to ask Obama since apparently congressional declaration of war is not longer required.
Apart from all that the president, any president, and by proxy the whole country for that matter, is bound by international treaty. That's the whole idea of international treaties. That, once ratified and in force, they are not subject to the fancies of the political power du jour. Failing to honor the obligations of the treaty would effectively blow up that treaty. I don't think any NATO member country is prepared to go that route right now. Including the US. They need the 'legitimacy'.

My sources are 2 radio reporters 'on the ground', one in Turkey at the Syrian border, the other in Lebanon at the Syrian border, relating reports live on air that dozens of people had been shot yesterday, some of them killed, by Syrian armed forces shooting Syrian fugitives from across the border. Into Lebanon and Turkey respectively.

Lebanon has no armed forces to speak of, nor is it a member of NATO. Turkey has considerable armed forces and is a staunch, long standing NATO member. They guarded NATO's southern flank in the Cold War.
These border shootings are a 'casus belli'. A legal basis for war. Which Assad's Syrian armed forces executed.
I think the Turks will respond, and expect NATO to back them up.
That's us.
12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I know there was reports that Syrian troops were firing on people crossing the border to turkey to flee the fighting. As horrible as it is i don't think it counts as an attack on turkey. As it was Syrian civilians that were being shot at not turks.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I still haven't seen a source on this.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM

If we reinstitute the draft, I'm sending my 3 draft age sons to establish squatter's rights in your house while you're out stealing televisions.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Go ahead I live at my wifes parents house. Their vigorously menno.

I'll just steal one of the houses that I break into for the tv's.

12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
(12-04-2012 05:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Go ahead I live at my wifes parents house. Their vigorously menno.

I'll just steal one of the houses that I break into for the tv's.

Yeah but dude, then you'd have to live in America!

Think of your family, is that really what you want for them?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.