We are now at war!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: We are now at war!
(12-04-2012 03:35 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I know there was reports that Syrian troops were firing on people crossing the border to turkey to flee the fighting. As horrible as it is i don't think it counts as an attack on turkey. As it was Syrian civilians that were being shot at not turks.
I guess you won't mind the Ugandan authorities expediting their countrymen in the middle of Edinburgh then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
(12-04-2012 06:40 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 03:35 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I know there was reports that Syrian troops were firing on people crossing the border to turkey to flee the fighting. As horrible as it is i don't think it counts as an attack on turkey. As it was Syrian civilians that were being shot at not turks.
I guess you won't mind the Ugandan authorities expediting their countrymen in the middle of Edinburgh while the bullets fly hither and yon around the ears of Scotsmen, women, and children then.
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
(12-04-2012 06:40 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  I guess you won't mind the Ugandan authorities expediting their countrymen in the middle of Edinburgh then.

My understanding was that it was two armed groups in open conflict and the rebels decided they were losing and tried to flee across the border.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 08:04 PM by FSM_scot.)
(12-04-2012 06:40 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  I guess you won't mind the Ugandan authorities expediting their countrymen in the middle of Edinburgh then.

I don't like Edinburgh, they can do what they want with it Big Grin

i never said it was something i'm ok with, its not.

But shooting your own citizens a few few across a border isn't the same as declaring war on another country.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 11:00 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(12-04-2012 07:50 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

My understanding was that it was two armed groups in open conflict and the rebels decided they were losing and tried to flee across the border.
That's not what the Turkish prime minister Erdogan is reported to have said about it. Turkey considers it aggression by Syria on Turkish residents, however temporary, but in any case people under the protection and responsibility of the Turkish state within sovereign Turkish borders. He is reported to have said that Turkey is considering requesting NATO support if this Syrian aggression continues.

I can already see the CIA Black Ops with their Grey Eagle drones, and the Sixth Fleet with their Hornets and Tomcats chomping at the bit to give it a go against another inferior 'enemy' army. Opening up a whole new can of worms with the high risk of 'collateral damage' among rebels and non-combatant citizens.

See it develop here .

(12-04-2012 07:59 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

I don't like Edinburgh, they can do what they want with it Big Grin

i never said it was something i'm ok with, its not.

But shooting your own citizens a few few across a border isn't the same as declaring war on another country.

Nobody said it was a declaration of war. It was a de facto act of war in international law.
13-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Assad is a maniac.
When agreeing to the U.N. cease-fire, he states that "the regime has a right to defend itself against terrorists".

Two problems with that.
- The only 'terrorists' are his.
- No regime has any right to defend itself against anything. At all. Ever.

Regimes rule, they do not govern. They have no rights.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Pfff, why are you surprised at this? USA forces are ready to go with ships and planes for months now. And I don't mean "ready to go" from USA navy ports, they are already in range, around Mediterranean sea. Israel is openly declaring they WILL attack Iran for months now as well. Of course, everybody is keeping the news quiet, nobody mentions it, but it IS a 3 World War as soon as it begins.

So THANK YOU ISRAEL for killing the rest of the world! And thank you USA for backing them up, so that they can fuck us all up.

If ... NO, WHEN this shit hits the fan, I guarantee you that I will be joining the Iran forces, I'm so fucking sick of this hypocrisy, who give ANY right to ANY country to dictate what Iran can and can't do, when all the asshole governments that are dictating it, ALL have nuclear weapons. How the fuck can you have something, yet forbid your neighbour to have that same thing? WTF?!?

My head will explode from the IDIOTS that are fucking up MY home, MY planet, MY life!! And I live so far away from all that shit, yet it all comes back to me and blows in my face. And in yours as well, only you may not realise this...

Fuck you all!!

[Image: djecaci_cover_istina_625.jpg]

(istina means truth)

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
13-04-2012, 05:54 AM
I may be wrong and Im too tired to google but Im sure Russia has a large naval base in Syria. They are not gonna be too happy about it if that gets attacked or endangered.

Amercia have also sent a carrier over called the Enterprise.... its due to be de-commisioned however im sure they can kill two birds with one stone and sink the fucker and blame some country for it. Giving them the excuse for war they so desperatly want.

Tis funny how they concentrate all of the media on this story (syria)....... yet there are atrocities going off all over the world and they fail to mention them at all...... nor do they give a fuck.

EDIT: History is cyclical........ first the recession then the war.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-04-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 06:22 AM by FSM_scot.)
It's strange how the bigger News networks havnt picked up on us being at war. War is big news and it's very unlikely they wouldn't report it.

Nowhere in that article does it say NATO is at war with Syria it says turkey "may invoke article 5 Which says an attack on a member constitutes an attack on all allies"

Turkey hasn't invoked article 5. And may not even do it. So NATO is Not currently at war with Syria.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-04-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 06:36 AM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(13-04-2012 05:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  Pfff, why are you surprised at this? USA forces are ready to go with ships and planes for months now. And I don't mean "ready to go" from USA navy ports, they are already in range, around Mediterranean sea. Israel is openly declaring they WILL attack Iran for months now as well. Of course, everybody is keeping the news quiet, nobody mentions it, but it IS a 3 World War as soon as it begins.

So THANK YOU ISRAEL for killing the rest of the world! And thank you USA for backing them up, so that they can fuck us all up.

If ... NO, WHEN this shit hits the fan, I guarantee you that I will be joining the Iran forces, I'm so fucking sick of this hypocrisy, who give ANY right to ANY country to dictate what Iran can and can't do, when all the asshole governments that are dictating it, ALL have nuclear weapons. How the fuck can you have something, yet forbid your neighbour to have that same thing? WTF?!?

My head will explode from the IDIOTS that are fucking up MY home, MY planet, MY life!! And I live so far away from all that shit, yet it all comes back to me and blows in my face. And in yours as well, only you may not realise this...

Fuck you all!!

(istina means truth)

I feel your pain! It is mine too.
Which is why I support the 'Occupy' initiatives all around the western world.
Let's kick the motherfucking Big Brothers and Big Business* a couple flights downstairs!

*Siamese twins, joined at the hip

(13-04-2012 05:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  I may be wrong and Im too tired to google but Im sure Russia has a large naval base in Syria. They are not gonna be too happy about it if that gets attacked or endangered.

Amercia have also sent a carrier over called the Enterprise.... its due to be de-commisioned however im sure they can kill two birds with one stone and sink the fucker and blame some country for it. Giving them the excuse for war they so desperatly want.

Tis funny how they concentrate all of the media on this story (syria)....... yet there are atrocities going off all over the world and they fail to mention them at all...... nor do they give a fuck.

EDIT: History is cyclical........ first the recession then the war.
No, Russia doesn't have a large naval base in Syria. I'm sure they are regular callers in Syrian ports, but they don't have their own naval base in Syria like the US do in e.g. Naples, Diego Garcia, Qatar, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines, etc. etc. etc.!

The US Sixth Fleet, with two aircraft carriers, is permanently stationed in the Mediterranean, based out of Naples. Has been for 50 years.

Yep, this angle simply hasn't yet been picked up in a big way. Probably because everybody is trying to figure out how they should respond to it. But it might explode any second, IYAM.
Just one war crazy gung-ho cowboy on TV tonight could change the whole picture!