We aren't Perfect.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 06:16 PM
We aren't Perfect.
Actually I think this forum is quite tolerant compared to some. Oops did I spell are'nt correctly.

There isn't all that much bitching and stinging rebukes, and even here none of us are perfect and everyone gets a bit stroppy at times. Even the area of sensitivity on strong issues does not mean that the person is insensitive over all. We can all put our tongue or pens into gear without activating our brains.

Another thing I like about this forum is that religious people are allowed to air their views; theres not much point in belonging to a mutual admiration society.

One of my major faults has often been sarcasm; I still can be ,at times, and am trying to limit it a bit. Even ABUSE if often a cry for some type of help and not a reflection on the perpetrator,s essential nature.

I suppose in a way I am an existentialist atheist; I like Albert Camu's emphasis on rebellion, the pushing for a cause, though even here our druthers may not be right in contexts we have not thougth about.

As limited finite beings it is good that we can comunicate our views as freely as we can without the fear of dictators, religious police and other overt forces.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
15-11-2011, 06:18 PM
RE: We aren't Perfect.
I like the attitude on here as well. I do think we can be a bit quick to fire up with theists sometimes though. I think it's because occasionally we have theists who come here to be reasonable but are mistaken for trolls.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-11-2011, 06:38 PM
(15-11-2011 06:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I like the attitude on here as well. I do think we can be a bit quick to fire up with theists sometimes though. I think it's because occasionally we have theists who come here to be reasonable but are mistaken for trolls.

Shit talk about people that get fired up... should see some of my posts on here.. anyhow... It's all in good fun on my end mostly and hopefully good discussion..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 06:56 PM
(15-11-2011 06:38 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 06:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I like the attitude on here as well. I do think we can be a bit quick to fire up with theists sometimes though. I think it's because occasionally we have theists who come here to be reasonable but are mistaken for trolls.

Shit talk about people that get fired up... should see some of my posts on here.. anyhow... It's all in good fun on my end mostly and hopefully good discussion..
Good ones Drew; I even liked Dawkins's Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
15-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Screw you guys. I am perfect in every way.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-11-2011, 07:00 PM
(15-11-2011 06:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Screw you guys. I am perfect in every way.

Don't make me play the Jesus card on you!!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah, if we were perfect we'd all be gods who didn't believe in ourselves.
15-11-2011, 07:02 PM
The Jesus card? BAH! I could take him!!

Put up yer dukes JC!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-11-2011, 11:56 PM
(15-11-2011 06:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Screw you guys. I am perfect in every way.

Does H.O.C. know about this?Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
16-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm a perfect me. Stark would make a terrible me and don't even get me started on everyone else here as they would all be terrible me's. I am the perfect me and if someone has an issue with that I just so happen to teach a course called "places pointy objects don't belong in the human body". It's a fun course.

Now to the point. Yes we are sometimes dicks to theists who venture here but for the most part it's their own doing. What's his name...Faithbarut. Remember him? He deserved what he got. Others may not warrent the barrage of fire we dish out but again it's their own fault. Let's think about this. A closed minded individual comes onto this forum in the hopes of...what? To save us? I'd be a noramal person before that happened. Perhaps they would like to learn why we think the way we do but keep their close mindedness which ultimately results in wasted time as nothing is accomplished. Also not one to point out that they are venturing deep into "enemy" territory. Do the expect us to roll over? I think not. So all in all. If a theist comes on here and provides new and thoughtful arguments then by all means let us discuss. But, If a theist comes on here and reposts the same useless "argument" then I will make them cry themselves to sleep by the power of Greysku...I mean the power of my trolling.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post